You boys like Iran?

992 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by Naveronski
Aggie Therapist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I always like to talk about hot topic conflicts with fellow service members and Veterans vs the yahoos on F16.

What are yall feeling on this one? All hype and social media? Or we see any involvement here from the US side beyond the usual money and arms?
D2F1D0
AG
It's a known thing. Likely much adu about nothing. Iran knows they have to respond but also knows of they realthit anything in Israel that is generated from Iran all out war is in the table. While external pressure can help cover some internal problems, the risk of losing all out control is a much bigger risk with a good amount of probability if they engage Israel with the Western world behind in support.

Likely the impactful counter is something via proxy so Iran can claim some deniability. Iran doesn't move against adversaries directly. Especially equal or more powerful ones. They are good at assymetric warfare, no reason to diverge over a bombing in third partner country that hit a valid target.

That's likely how these kinds of wars will carry forward until the world powers centralized power and authority over the smaller states.
74OA
AG
Solid overview in the first article and the bottom half has multiple rolling updates, too. Second article has info on US Navy and Air Force involvement.

IRAN
MISSILES
bigtruckguy3500
I think it was all choreographed for the benefit of the public and the governments. It actually wouldn't surprise me if the Iran told the US via back channels exactly what they were going to do.

From what I understand, Iran let their neighbors know in advance of the attack and the timing. US intelligence obviously knew, as did every media outlet. If they wanted to escalate or do actual harm they would have fired more weapons, fired them on a more tactical flight profile (not so high in the air), and not told all their neighbors about it. Would have also probably kept Israel and the US guessing on when it would come by doing drills and then backing down.

They just had to do something. If you think about it, for years they tolerated Israeli assasinations of their scientists, Israeli sabotage of their infrastructure, and attacks on Irani in Syria that was fighting ISIS and propping up Assad. But it's hard to ignore a direct attack on a consulate building, even if no one of importance had been killed.

I think they also knew if it came to all out war, they couldn't win, especially if the US got involved. And they would have likely ended up like Iraq did after the Gulf War. Also would be terrible for all the economies in the region and all their people.

I hope the war mongers calm down.
Naveronski
AG
Agree with all of this.

Iran likes to rattle its saber, but really the people in power want to stay in power - and they know war with Israel/US will not be good for staying in power.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.