6:49p, 5/19/23
In reply to BrokeAssAggie
Typically it's served up, but you could pour over a big ice block
SpiderDude
8:01p, 5/21/23

aggiesundevil4
8:55p, 5/21/23
In reply to SpiderDude
Who has the ability to measure 2/3 of an ounce?
SpiderDude
9:19p, 5/21/23
In reply to aggiesundevil4
I just measure halfway between .5 and .75.
betadawg1
9:23p, 5/21/23
In reply to aggiesundevil4
aggiesundevil4 said:

Who has the ability to measure 2/3 of an ounce?

A ounce is about 30 milliliters.
Chipotlemonger
9:24p, 5/21/23
Wet Woody at Gar Woods in Tahoe earlier. Such a great frozen rum cocktail. Believe it has peach schnapps as well. I've always wanted to make some myself at home.

Anyone ever have it?
betadawg1
9:36p, 5/21/23
I got lazy tonight. Made a blueberry lemonade and did 2 parts lemonade & 1 part bourbon. Pretty tasty, although a sprig of mint probably would have elevated it some.
G Martin 87
5:09p, 5/22/23
In reply to digging tunnels
digging tunnels said:

Anyone ever have a barrel aged old fashioned? A local restaurant has one made of Woodford Reserve and Rittenhouse Rye. They mix all the ingredients of old fashioned into those small barrels and age it.

Gimmicky or not?
If you happen to be in Shreveport-Bossier City, go to 2 Johns for steaks, fish, and the barrel aged Old Fashioned. (The grapefruit martini is also excellent, if your dinner date isn't into OFs.)
Streetfighter 02
3:55p, 5/23/23
In reply to SpiderDude
Nice garnish.

I made Jet Pilots on Saturday and did a rum flight for one.

XXXVII
7:02p, 5/23/23
In reply to betadawg1
betadawg1 said:

I got lazy tonight. Made a blueberry lemonade and did 2 parts lemonade & 1 part bourbon. Pretty tasty, although a sprig of mint probably would have elevated it some.

Here's my lazy drink tonight. Cynar on the rocks with a lemon wedge. It's technically a cocktail with more than one ingredient, right?

DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
SpiderDude
12:08a, 5/25/23
In reply to XXXVII
Good for digestion as well after a big meal or lots of BBQ.
87Flyfisher
8:21p, 5/28/23
I don't know if it qualifies as a cocktail; but it is a great summer drink. Pour a big can of Coconut Water in a large ice cube tray and put it in the freezer. The next evening put one cube in a glass and add two shots of good quality gold rum. Sit outside and drink slowly while the cube melts and mixes with the rum. Repeat as necessary over the next several hours.

txag2k
8:36p, 5/30/23
I dub thee, The White Meskin (former childhood nickname):
Equal parts Vodka, Kahlua, & Chocolate/Caramel coffee creamer.

Delicious dessert drink!

Edit: filter doesn't like the Kahlua u.
txag2k
9:07p, 5/30/23
In reply to txag2k
also, it's not exactly equal parts, heavy on the vodka
betadawg1
2:06p, 6/1/23
A Paloma riff the bartender recommended.
BrokeAssAggie
2:43p, 6/1/23
In reply to betadawg1
Nice humble brag. Have fun!!
aggiesherpa
11:37p, 6/1/23
After seeing a bottle of Paula's grapefruit liquor at TW, I bought it and made a batch of smoky grapefruit margaritas based on the following single serving recipe:

1.5 oz reposado tequila
1.5 oz Paula's grapefruit liquor
0.5 oz lime juice
0.5 oz Del Maguey vida mezcal
Pinch of salt

Tweak for your preferences. I liked it with more mezcal and less grapefruit liquor. But for the crowd I was with, this was spot on.
SpiderDude
2:51p, 6/4/23
In reply to betadawg1
Where you at homey?! Looks fun... enjoy!
SpiderDude
2:52p, 6/4/23
In reply to aggiesherpa
Hell to the yeah!!! Sounds yummy!
betadawg1
3:46p, 6/4/23
In reply to SpiderDude
SpiderDude said:

I was forced to go to Cabo for a wedding. The things I do for family.
SpiderDude
9:09a, 6/5/23
In reply to betadawg1
betadawg1 said:

SpiderDude said:

I was forced to go to Cabo for a wedding. The things I do for family.

Man that's tough. Hang in there! T&P!
G Martin 87
7:17p, 6/5/23
Heading to Cabo just after Christmas later this year. It will be our first trip there, so if anyone has any bar must-dos, lemme know.
SpiderDude
11:45a, 6/10/23
Partied at Sidecar in New Braunfels Thursday night. Nice little spot. New Braunfels is the tits!

XXXVII
5:57p, 6/10/23
In reply to SpiderDude
First time I've ever heard that. What are the drinks?
SpiderDude
2:33p, 6/12/23
In reply to XXXVII
The top one was "I am the liquor, Randy" middle one was "Lavender Buzz" and bottom was their Daiquiri. They were all excellent. I didn't order the Lavender one but tried my friends.
sixbarag
Sponsor
2:57p, 6/12/23
Side Car is a great place but you should try Gruene's Last Call next time in NB. They change their cocktail menu almost every month but they don't tell you what's actually in it, they describe the flavors on the menu. I think all the specialty cocktails are priced at $13, they also have lots of wine & beers but its pretty small place, only seats about 25 people.
sixbarag
Sponsor
3:00p, 6/12/23

well now that i look at it, this is the first menu that actually stated any liquor that is in the drink, they never did that before.
XXXVII
6:48p, 6/13/23
I didn't have limes today, so I made a Last Word with lemons instead of limes and yellow chartreuse instead of green. It turned out pretty good. What should I call it?

AlaskanAg99
6:57p, 6/13/23
Have Flaming Dr Peppers been mentioned?
Founded at Ptarmigan Club in Bryan, TX. I remember these from the 90's.

I'd forgotten all about Flaming Dr Pepper.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_Doctor_Pepper

Commonly used ingredients
1 pint (~13 parts) beer 1/2 pint
3 parts Amaretto
1 part high-proof liquor/151
aTm '99
G Martin 87
6:56p, 6/16/23
Made a "Rusty Kugi" with Kaigen Japanese whisky and Drambuie. Very smooth, almost too smooth.
SpiderDude
10:59p, 6/16/23
In reply to XXXVII
XXXVII said:

I didn't have limes today, so I made a Last Word with lemons instead of limes and yellow chartreuse instead of green. It turned out pretty good. What should I call it?

Call it "No Regrets".
SpiderDude
10:59p, 6/16/23
Avocado Rita weather.
Sazerac
11:00p, 6/16/23
In reply to SpiderDude
I'm only asking your for the recipe because I trust your skills. Because that sounds disgusting.
SpiderDude
11:28p, 6/16/23
In reply to Sazerac
Sazerac said:

I'm only asking your for the recipe because I trust your skills. Because that sounds disgusting.

It's actually quite good and many restaurants feature Avocado Rita's. Curra's in Austin is famous for them! I kind of just threw that one together but it was about 2 oz blanco tequila, 1 oz lime, .75 oz triple sec, .25 oz Ancho Reyes, .5 oz agave syrup then (roughly) 3 Tbs ripe Avocado. Shaken vigorously to emulsify the Avocado... you can also muddle it a bit first but I didn't bother with that.
SpiderDude
11:32p, 6/16/23
I bought the Hypatia on a whim. I'm not really thrilled with it. It's pretty "flat" as far as Amaros go. I thought it might pair well with Mezcal after trying it. I decided on a Last Word riff so equal parts of the bottles pictured and lime juice. It's ok. Nothing to brag about.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 24 of 34
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings