Cooked.wiki/
2,055 Views | 12 Replies
SpiderDude
10:42a, 2/6/24
Holy *****!! I just saw this on my IG feed! Do you hate online recipes that make you read the authors food biography before getting you to the recipe?! Well those days are over baby!!! Just type cooked.wiki/ before the URL and poof... No more having to read The Tale of Two Cities prior to cooking!
62strat
11:26a, 2/6/24
I've always put any recipe in reader mode on my phone or desktop.
Cuts out all the pics and bs, easy to find ingredients and instructions.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
1:11p, 2/6/24
In reply to SpiderDude
SpiderDude said:

Holy *****!! I just saw this on my IG feed! Do you hate online recipes that make you read the authors food biography before getting you to the recipe?! Well those days are over baby!!! Just type cooked.wiki/ before the URL and poof... No more having to read The Tale of Two Cities prior to cooking!
Every food blogger (who has never actually worked in a commercial kitchen) thinks they are both Anthony Bourdain the chef and Anthony Bourdain the novelist. No Beth, I do not care about how your grandmother made this recipe with you when you would be dropped off at her country estate so your parents could go to Vermont kid free.
rilloaggie
7:41p, 2/6/24
In reply to SpiderDude
Outstanding tool! This opens up the entire nytcooking cookbook that they put behind the paywall too!
HTownAg98
8:23p, 2/6/24
In reply to rilloaggie
Get it while you can, because they'll be fixing that pdq!
rilloaggie
8:27p, 2/6/24
In reply to HTownAg98
It's already easy enough to work around their wall, just tedious. I saved most of my favorites in Evernote before they locked it down but it is nice to check the new things occasionally.
waryman
1:03a, 2/7/24
In reply to rilloaggie
rilloaggie said:

Outstanding tool! This opens up the entire nytcooking cookbook that they put behind the paywall too!

Gave this a shot but was unsuccessful. Would you explain how to do it? Thanks!
rilloaggie
6:54a, 2/7/24
Take this recipe for example:

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1024757-spicy-carrot-ginger-soup

After a few seconds it locks you out and asks you to subscribe. But with the tool...

cooked.wiki/cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1024757-spicy-carrot-ginger-soup

Remember to delete the https
Bruce Almighty
7:01a, 2/7/24
Most food blogs have a jump to recipe button at the top.
SpiderDude
7:16a, 2/7/24
In reply to Bruce Almighty
Bruce Almighty said:

Most food blogs have a jump to recipe button at the top.

Yes but not always and they have annoying pop-up ads that render that button semi-useless anyway.
HTownAg98
11:03a, 2/7/24
That's pretty damn amazing. I tried it with 177 Milk Street, and it works there to get around their paywall too. I feel a little guilty doing it though.
rilloaggie
7:17p, 3/8/24
In reply to HTownAg98
HTownAg98 said:

Get it while you can, because they'll be fixing that pdq!
aaand cooked.wiki doesn't work on Nytimes anymore. Cooked says "The owner of this site has explicitly requested to be excluded from Cooked." Fun while it lasted. Back to just hitting refresh/stop until it glitches and lets me see the recipe anyway lol

Naveronski
11:04a, 3/10/24
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode