7/11 Egg salad sandwiches
4,572 Views | 31 Replies
AggieDad24
8:04p, 2/10/24
Kids are getting antsy for our return to Japan this summer. The thing they're missing the most is 7-Eleven egg salad sandwiches of all things. Decided to be father of the year and make shokupan so we can have them as part of our Super Bowl party.
MookieBlaylock
9:03p, 2/10/24
Wut
betadawg1
9:23p, 2/10/24
In reply to AggieDad24
I like the Lawson's a little bit better, but good stuff anyway you go.
AggieDad24
10:16p, 2/10/24
In reply to betadawg1
betadawg1 said:

I like the Lawson's a little bit better, but good stuff anyway you go.

My kids are 7-Eleven fans. I am team Family Mart.
swampstander
10:28p, 2/10/24
Egg salad is delicious in an iceberg lettuce roll-up Try it!
Dalhousietrio
6:50a, 2/11/24
In reply to AggieDad24
That is awesome! It was our first stop when we got there in July. The egg salad sandwich was the first thing we had.

Sethtevious
7:00a, 2/11/24
In reply to MookieBlaylock
MookieBlaylock said:

Wut
He made a loaf of milk bread
Velvet Jones
8:28a, 2/11/24
In reply to AggieDad24
Best. Bread, Ever.

It's a pita, but I think I'll make some today.
AggieDad24
9:13a, 2/11/24
In reply to Velvet Jones
Velvet Jones said:

Best. Bread, Ever.

It's a pita, but I think I'll make some today.

The only thing that was kind of a pain was three separate rises. I also wouldn't do it without a stand mixer.
Velvet Jones
9:18a, 2/11/24
Agreed on the stand mixer. And yeah, it's not tough to make, but it's not something you throw together in a few minutes.

So good though.

Enjoy!
nosoupforyou
4:02p, 2/19/24
In reply to AggieDad24

TXAG 05
7:54p, 2/19/24
Do 7-11s not have egg salad sandwiches here, or is it different? I've never been to Japan, just curious.
Velvet Jones
9:19a, 2/20/24
The bread and the mayo make all the difference.

Tomago Sando
GAC06
9:39a, 2/20/24
In reply to TXAG 05
7/11's in Japan have food that's good to eat. I would not eat whatever they have at 7/11's here
The Milkman
11:42a, 2/20/24
I wouldn't eat an egg salad sandwich from a michilin star chef here either.
EclipseAg
4:53p, 2/20/24
The four-day-old hot dogs on the roller are pretty good, too.
HtownAg92
3:54p, 3/5/24

Apart from Buc-ee's, Woody's and Prasek's, are there American gas station foods that you will not only grab in a pinch on a road trip, but sometimes actively crave? Allsup's burrito's are a given, so don't count. I'll submit one: Chester's potato logs

Science Denier
9:14a, 3/6/24
In reply to HtownAg92
Quote:

Apart from Buc-ee's, Woody's and Prasek's, are there American gas station foods that you will not only grab in a pinch on a road trip, but sometimes actively crave?
You can go to a gas station and get the best BBQ you ever got in your life

LOL OLD
Eliminatus
4:04a, 3/7/24
In reply to Science Denier
Science Denier said:

Quote:

Apart from Buc-ee's, Woody's and Prasek's, are there American gas station foods that you will not only grab in a pinch on a road trip, but sometimes actively crave?
You can go to a gas station and get the best BBQ you ever got in your life

No kidding. Texas is also filled with taqueria style hidey holes buried in gas stations. Some of the best food I've ever had in my life. Then you have the more established ones like Laredo Taco and Stripes. I would grossly overpay for an Allsups burrito right now too.
MAROON
11:11a, 3/7/24
every time we go to London my son eats at least two Egg & Cress sandwiches a day from Pret a Manger. We will be walking along and look back and he is gone. We see the Pret, and sure enough he comes walking out with the sandwich. He's addicted to them.
malenurse
9:00a, 3/12/24
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
MoreCushing4thePushing
10:10p, 3/12/24
Spam Musubi at 7-Eleven gas stations in Hawaii. It was a frequent stop on the way home when I lived there.
bigtruckguy3500
3:37p, 3/13/24
I used to love going to 7/11 and Lawsons for snacks, as well as Japanese grocery stores in general.
fav13andac1)c
5:37p, 3/13/24
In reply to AggieDad24
How did the shokupan turn out? Do you have a bread slicer or do you go by eye? Do you have a recipe? Looks delicious and I bet it freezes well and it's probably cheaper than store-bought.
Unemployed
9:58p, 3/13/24
If you're in Houston, you can get them at Seiwa Market. Have to go early, though.
NC2001
1:16p, 3/14/24
In reply to Unemployed
Unemployed said:

If you're in Houston, you can get them at Seiwa Market. Have to go early, though.
85 degree bakery sells a pretty good one too.
FIDO*98*
3:27p, 3/24/24
In reply to HtownAg92
HtownAg92 said:

Apart from Buc-ee's, Woody's and Prasek's, are there American gas station foods that you will not only grab in a pinch on a road trip, but sometimes actively crave? Allsup's burrito's are a given, so don't count. I'll submit one: Chester's potato logs

Best Stop Boudin. Can't wait until the location in New Braunfels opens.
LCE
5:23p, 3/24/24
Weikels in LaGrange has excellent burgers and Reuben sandwich. Chess pie is also excellent
ValleyRatAg
5:27p, 3/26/24
I'm a huge fan of the 7-11 egg salad sandwich here in the US. If I find myself in Japan I will definitely get one.
Bulldog73
8:10p, 3/26/24
In reply to FIDO*98*
The new one in Toledo Town is clutch.
BlueMiles
10:14a, 3/27/24
This reminds me of a News Radio show where Phil Hartman loved the vending machine sandwiches. I tried to find a clip of it but could not.
Tanya 93
2:39p, 3/27/24
In reply to HtownAg92
HtownAg92 said:

Casey's pizza
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off