Dumpling dipping sauce?
1,282 Views | 7 Replies
java94
7:52p, 2/28/24
In BCS, I'm a fan of the pork dumplings at Chef Cao's. I've found decent dumplings at other places, but Cao's has the best dipping sauce in my opinion. Anybody know how it's made? It's not as thin as I've seen at all the other places I've tried in town.
jwag
9:05p, 2/28/24
Try this:

Snowball
10:31a, 2/29/24
As far as bottled sauces go, try to find Bachan's. Costco carries it in big sizes, HEB has it usually, and World Market might have the other varieties.

Making one yourself,

I would mix some low sodium soy sauce with some of the huy fong chili garlic sauce in the jar ( not sriracha) or LAO GAN MA chili crisp oil. a tiny splash of sesame oil, and a tiny splash of rice vinegar. stir it up really good.

SpiderDude
10:44a, 2/29/24
I've used this many times and very happy with it...

https://cooked.wiki/new?url=http%3A%2F%2Fthewoksoflife.com%2Fdumpling-sauce-recipe%2F
MiMi
1:48p, 2/29/24
Wei-Chuan Dumpling Sauce

I get it at Kroger.
HtownAg92
4:30p, 2/29/24
In reply to Snowball
Snowball said:

As far as bottled sauces go, try to find Bachan's. Costco carries it in big sizes, HEB has it usually, and World Market might have the other varieties.

Making one yourself,

I would mix some low sodium soy sauce with some of the huy fong chili garlic sauce in the jar ( not sriracha) or LAO GAN MA chili crisp oil. a tiny splash of sesame oil, and a tiny splash of rice vinegar. stir it up really good.

+ginger
Cyprian
10:23a, 3/2/24
I make a quick version. Light soy plus some Chili oil. I've been using Trader Joes Chili onion recently - highly recommended. Can also add it to pastas, stir fry, etc.
Tanker123
11:50p, 3/4/24
I believe the Japanese use La-Yu, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes. It has been an infinite number of years since the last time I was in Japan. La-Yu has a wonderful flavor.

I can make gyoza that is significantly better than what is available around me. It's quite a long and laborius process, but the dumplings are consumed in a few minutes.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings