Marble Arrested.
18,467 Views | 123 Replies
_lefraud_
7:55a, 4/19/24
In reply to Gap
Gap said:

And we are currently recruiting Pop Isaacs? That is beyond tone deaf.

Guilty until proven innocent? I'd hate to live in your world.
Gap
8:32a, 4/19/24
In reply to _lefraud_
You do realize who you recruit and allow to play and be a member of your team isn't a court of law. Texas A&M lives in that world too as Marble didn't play last season.

You recruit character not the low bar of whether they have been convicted.

Pumpkinhead
8:49a, 4/19/24
In reply to Gap
Gap said:

You do realize who you recruit and allow to play and be a member of your team isn't a court of law. Texas A&M lives in that world too as Marble didn't play last season.

Kentucky Basketball contacts Pop Isaacs; AJ Storr commits to Kansas Jayhawks - A Sea Of Blue

Pope at Kentucky has contacted Pop Isaacs. The list of schools who kicked the tires on him is long. You seem annoyed though that Texas A&M was one of them. Not annoyed that he actually committed to us (which has not happened) but annoyed that A&M even explored the possibility, as many other schools have.
_lefraud_
9:20a, 4/19/24
In reply to Gap
Gap said:

All we know about Pop is that he had sex with a girl he had been drinking and hanging out with all night. That girl's dad then tried to extort money from the university.

If you're saying having sex with drunken girls is low character, I'm guessing we wouldn't field ANY team/sport at Texas A&M.
AgEfan
9:31a, 4/19/24
In reply to _lefraud_
_lefraud_ said:

Gap said:

All we know about Pop is that he had sex with a girl
Actually he says he didn't have sex with the girl. So we don't know that.

We also don't know he has a committable offer from A&M. Doesn't sound like he visited. A&M reaches out to everyone so I wouldnt be shocked if a staff member made contact upon him entering the portal
ATL Aggie
9:51a, 4/19/24
In reply to Complete Idiot
Complete Idiot said:

What would be sad, if Marble's statement is true, is that he truly doesn't remember anything from that night. If no others have had this history with him, and he can't remember the night, it make me wonder if alcohol or, more likely, other substances affected him in a way to make him act out of character. Incredibly sad for the victim, but even sad for Marble if he was affected in that way.

It might be a stretch to believe his statement and even if it's true I'm reading a lot into what might have been the whole story, but it crossed my mind.
He knew enough about what happend to try to smooth things over with her.
Gap
9:56a, 4/19/24
In reply to _lefraud_
_lefraud_ said:

Gap said:

All we know about Pop is that he had sex with a girl he had been drinking and hanging out with all night. That girl's dad then tried to extort money from the university.

If you're saying having sex with drunken girls is low character, I'm guessing we wouldn't field ANY team/sport at Texas A&M.
I understand the alleged were drunk, underage for alcohol high school girls 16 and 17 and also the younger sister of one of his teammates.

Perhaps we have different filters for what we would consider a problem.
TMF
9:59a, 4/19/24
In reply to Schrute Farms
Schrute Farms said:

Foremost, may justice served.

Secondly, Buzz should be commended for getting this surprise in October and adapting. He never let it become a talking point and respectfully pushed forward.

Cant't say this enough.
jsc8116
9:59a, 4/19/24
SIAP, interesting this was released today.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/39970530/title-ix-rules-athletes-sexual-misconduct
mikesyracuse1
10:56a, 4/19/24
In reply to PJYoung
PJYoung said:

Know Your Enemy said:

"Let it play out" insinuates that it's not a serious issue IMO. Clearly the "it shouldn't be long" was completely wrong.
Look, in his defense he can't talk about a criminal matter before a guy is charged and it USUALLY doesn't take 6 freaking months for somebody to get charged. Everything else is you reading into it and choosing to what, get miffed(?) that an insider turned out to be wrong? I don't know.

If I was told what happened at the time I would expect Marble to get cleared or charged certainly within a month. But that was before we all knew that the CSPD or I guess A&M cops were gonna spend weeks doing an in depth investigation to prove that Radford ran two stop signs.

Im sorry you were dogpiled for questioning me, but I wasn't going to respond to your repeated post from my short statement on the subject. Nothing in what I said insinuates it wasn't serious by saying "let it play out". And, "it shouldn't be long", was not clearly wrong, it just wasn't the result that most people were hoping for by getting a player back to competing.

In general terms, not specific to this student, There are two processes that are in play when there is a possible violation of university rules that could also be a violation of the law. The university process and the criminal process. The university process is part of a students educational record and protected by FERPA. It will remain private unless the student decides to waive their right to privacy. And if there's a victim, then that waiver still may not allow that information to be released.

The other side is the criminal case. Once the police decide to release the police reports, even if there's not an arrest, that information becomes public. That could happen at the same time as the university process or it could come out like this case yesterday when they finished the investigation 6 months later and made an arrest and released the information to the public.

Life's too short Know Your Enemy. If we're both in town at the same time and at the game, come sit with me and we'll enjoy a game together with the players who are eligible to play.

Mikesyracuse1

greg.w.h
11:14a, 4/19/24
In reply to mikesyracuse1
Thanks for the framing. Those of us who don't live in those processes really can't tease apart the lack of information but we see the carefulness by the university in what they say and since nature hates a vacuum, we fill in from limited experiences what is going on.

This particular situation helps inform a significant outlier from our most common experiences. I had the trauma and joy of helping defend one of my children from a sexual assault charge. We successfully dug up enough information the DA agreed to a plea and permitted us to file an Alford Plea that the judge agreed to allow deferred adjudication. Out the door cost was very close to six figures including fines and bail bond costs.

The worst part was prepping her for a detailed recollection of the entire relationship with the other person so we had things for the private investigator to go research. It was a very difficult situation that helped me realize most of us don't fully comprehend how the use of trumped up charges and significant legal risks (such as lifetime registration as a sexual offender) FORCES plea deals especially through deferred adjudication. I hinted at that in a comment I made that was dismissed out of hand.

I don't know how this will turn out other than Julius is unlikely to represent Texas A&M again and it only has started not being fun for him. But the survivor is likely in worst shape and only seeks the solace of the sheen of justice. She doesn't get the life back she once had, either. And likely endured painfully specific depositions and potentially interrogation and cross/examination before the jury if this proceeds to trial.

When I write "the accused deserves a vigorous defense" it is heartfelt. And similarly we must treat all accused as innocent until proven guilty before a court of law. That won't rescue Julius from private judgment. Nor the aftereffects of a sexual assault charge that is now public.

It's awful. And regrettably his behavior likely in a moment of panic makes his defense in court far more difficult.

Both deserve prayer if we truly are concerned about justice including repentance and forgiveness.
Know Your Enemy
11:21a, 4/19/24
In reply to mikesyracuse1
While I disagree with your assessment of the "it shouldn't be long" part of your original statement I never really had anything against you other than the complete silence from that post until now. It was everyone else that annoyed me. I don't take this **** personally and would sit down with anyone here to talk Aggie basketball. You didn't post yourself to be a big shot, others did. For my snide comments towards you about that I apologize.

Now based on how that goes I may not agree to a second discussion. Lol.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
11:38a, 4/19/24
In reply to greg.w.h
Thanks for sharing that.

I am sorry that you and your child (and the other party) had to go through that ordeal.

I guess my concern is for both of the probably decent human beings that were impacted by the events (decribed by just one side at this point - though with reported corroboration from others) that took place that terrible night in October- with the accused reportedly drunk (absolutely NOT an excuse- but there may be more than a few Aggies, some on this forum, who have been drunk in the past and done things that they should not have done or that they are ashamed of) and now two lives are inextricably negatively altered.

"Justice" won't change any of that. I do think that civil liability and damages may ultimately be what is sought by the victim (without having any information about this case).

A truly terrible event and very sad outcome for all.
greg.w.h
12:25p, 4/19/24
In reply to Fanatic15...Drs2B!
My use of the term justice isn't just revenge but includes creating deterrence from destructive behavior aimed at others as well as Dostoevsky's analysis of how mens rea (a guilty mind) reacts and responds to both the act of conscience as well as society's correction. He wrote on this in his novel Crime and Punishment which is informed by a Christian faith perspective but within the context of the Russian Empire.

Accusers are feeling a need to level the field so they can rebuild their lives and reach closure. The accused is trying to not lose complete control due to judicial outcomes.

Both likely are experiencing a grief process as reality hits them. And they can include denial, anger, bargaining, depression, social disengagement, and hopefully an adjustment that eventually offers the benefits of closure and acceptance.

But we cannot ignore that we have a criminal justice system that has challenges. And many of those challenges revolve around efforts to address previous social imbalances.

It isn't simple but we humans try to force it to be neat and clean when it is very messy.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
1:54p, 4/19/24
In reply to greg.w.h
I agree with that analysis and comment.

Unfortunately, I think that deterrence is an unlikely consequence of such cases - as a drunk student-athlete likely loses the ability to consider the consequences of his actions - though this unfortunate event MIGHT prove useful in informing others about the potential negative results of getting so intoxicated that one might not retain the ability to make good choices.
greg.w.h
7:39p, 4/19/24
Deterrence is the opposite of condoning which happens if there is no law enforcement or prosecution. It never is perfect because when your heart is hardened to reject conviction…and I do not mean being found guilty by a jury of peers. That is merely an opportunity to repent.

I cannot speak to the specific circumstances and recommend not publicly issuing judgment. Which is only treating the accused as innocent so the trial can proceed with due diligence and fairness. Those who have ears will then listen.
GigEm81
11:12p, 4/20/24
In reply to JeepWaveEarl
JeepWaveEarl said:

Behind a paywall for me. How did y'all get around it?

Incognito mode
94chem
9:41a, 4/23/24
In reply to _lefraud_
_lefraud_ said:

Gap said:

An intoxicated person cannot give consent. Your opinion of that statement carries zero weight. It's almost like sex is pretty serious, isn't it?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
USNAggie44
6:41p, 4/23/24
Anecdote from 2 years ago, but I knew a girl who said maybe a couple sentence to Marble at a bar and he said if you're not going to give me head you can exit the arena
Know Your Enemy
8:20p, 4/23/24
In reply to USNAggie44
Well that's better than sexually assaulting someone.
Faustus
10:19a, 4/26/24
Still kind of blows though.
Method Man
12:37p, 4/28/24
In reply to 94chem
94chem said:

_lefraud_ said:

Gap said:

An intoxicated person cannot give consent. Your opinion of that statement carries zero weight. It's almost like sex is pretty serious, isn't it?

If two people are buzzed is that ok?
Ag in Tiger Country
2:02p, 4/28/24
In reply to Method Man
No; society only permits females (& gay males that are physically smaller) to revoke consent for sex performed while intoxicated. Conversely, sentences for statutory rape convictions differ greatly from male versus female offenders.

Remember these inconsistencies when women start blabbing about misogyny &/or inequality among the sexes.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
2:43p, 4/28/24
"Presumed innocent"

So, assuming that is the case and Marble is acquitted (or pleas out to a lesser charge), what are the chances that he can rejoin the team?

Is he still a registered student? Is he still counted as a scholarship player?

Please know that I am not discounting the victim/accuser position (see my earlier posts) but also realize that Marble is only accused at this point (yes - arrested as well - assume out on bail) and not yet convicted.
MarcAg
3:08p, 4/28/24
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

"Presumed innocent"

So, assuming that is the case and Marble is acquitted (or pleas out to a lesser charge), what are the chances that he can rejoin the team?

Please know that I am not discounting the victim/accuser position (see my earlier posts) but also realize that Marble is only accused at this point (yes - arrested as well - assume out on bail) and not yet convicted.

He is done playing basketball at A&M. As a result he won't be counting toward the scholarship limit.
Tobias Funke
3:18p, 4/28/24
In reply to MarcAg
MarcAg said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

"Presumed innocent"

He is done playing basketball at A&M. As a result he won't be counting toward the scholarship limit.

Why are you stating this like you have absolute certainty?
Know Your Enemy
3:28p, 4/28/24
In reply to Tobias Funke
Because there's no way Marble plays for us again.
AgEfan
3:38p, 4/28/24
In reply to Tobias Funke
He's using common sense. After the arrest and the details came out he was done here. Even if charges are dropped he doesn't have a spot here. I'm sure Marble doesn't want to come back either. In the scenario where he gets acquitted and wants to still play college basketball he is going to want to get away from the place where all the accusations happened. But either way, he is done at A&M.

And if you don't care about common sense, Billy said he is done here.
Tobias Funke
4:30p, 4/28/24
In reply to AgEfan
Thanks, didn't know that.

I'm not saying he's wrong, just wondered if I missed something. Buzz's tweets in the past couple weeks have had a vibe of "don't believe everything you hear, etc"
OldAggie_2
5:15p, 4/28/24
It is suck, why was there was no arrest for few months
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
6:28p, 4/28/24
There was a Buzz Tweet posted by someone on another thread that went something like "not all accusations are true" - or something along those lines.

I assumed that it MIGHT be in support of Marble... and even posted that response myself.

I can't find it now - though I think I remember being on the "Buzz Can't Recruit" thread. Did someone take it down?
Know Your Enemy
7:02p, 4/28/24
I posted the tweet but didn't take it down. If it's not there Staff removed it but I don't see why they would.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
8:06p, 4/28/24
In reply to Know Your Enemy
Thanks. Perhaps I just couldn't find it when I looked for it again today. I did wonder if it represented support for Marble...
PJYoung
9:10p, 4/28/24
In reply to Know Your Enemy
Know Your Enemy said:

I posted the tweet but didn't take it down. If it's not there Staff removed it but I don't see why they would.

Are you sure it's not deleted on Twitter?
frenchtoast
10:23p, 4/28/24
This tweet?

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 3 of 4
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE