*****Aggies @ Florida - Sunday*****
95,312 Views | 1564 Replies
Serious Lee
2:29p, 3/17/24
In reply to RED AG 98
RED AG 98 said:

That was a very crappy comment by the announcer. "Might as well have stayed on the bench."
Sorry, that is below unprofessional.
i really hate these m'fers
trouble
In reply to RED AG 98
Agreed
BLSmith04
Is Sorrell playing second now? Hate to take Kent's defense out, especially since Sorrell I'd on three pitches.
Mark Fairchild
I would have kept Kent in. ???? don't know why he was pulled.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
powerbelly
In reply to AggieBB
AggieBB said:

Kent is not a very good hitter, but I would have let him hit over Sorrell. Gotta trust Schloss though.

Only on texags is Kent not a good hitter.
StinkyPinky
In reply to gigem1223
gigem1223 said:

Why would you pinch hit for Kent? That was brutal
I would have liked to see what Kent could have done there.
Aggies2009
In reply to BLSmith04
BLSmith04 said:

Is Sorrell playing second now? Hate to take Kent's defense out, especially since Sorrell I'd on three pitches.
Bell is in for him
bullard21k
I think we are doing sorrell a disservice trying to insert him into a PH role in that AB

Not many ABs on the year. Either let Kent hit or start sorrell from the get go and let him get into the flow of the game.

Think that was a questionable spot to insert him there
jkag89
4-6-3!
Strike One
2:30p, 3/17/24
Once again, we only have about 2 guys in the line-up that can hit a 94+ mph fastball or even get a bat on it. We've been overmatched on fastballs the whole game. Braden is about our only hitter who can really challenge a hard thrower with control.
Lance Uppercut
--Bell to 2nd for Sorrell

Heyman

0-1 Fouled back
1-1 Ball outside

Single through the Left side

Aggies: 2
Gators: 2

Bot 8th
0 out

Runs/Hits/Errors
AGS: 2/5/0
FLA: 2/6/1

Sean98
In reply to The Marksman
The Marksman said:

Sean98 said:

Would rather have seen Bell there
I get that people are upset with our current DHs, but in his limited action, Bell has looked clearly worse than everyone else, in my opinion
his stats and ABs say differently. Multiple 2-3 walk games in there point to at least decent ABs.

And now you have to switch out Sorrell anyway because he can't play 2B. So you're using up 2 players for a single AB that turns out to be terrible.
phatty26
In reply to washedupballer
washedupballer said:

These tv guys are unprofessional

Hit the ****ing ball shut em up. Pathetic punch hit at bat I'd hope our announcers would be the same.

Should've pinch hit bell.
The Marksman
In reply to Strike One
Strike One said:

Once again, we only have about 2 guys in the line-up that can hit a 94+ mph fastball or even get a bat on it. We've been overmatched on fastballs the whole game. Braden is about our only hitter who can really challenge a hard thrower with control.
Here comes the bleeding. "Everyone on this roster is horrible; fire Schloss"
grover1263
2:31p, 3/17/24
In reply to Strike One
Wow! I disagree
Sean98
In reply to Strike One
Strike One said:

Huh?? I mean, just what?
Agdad081216
GIG'EM. 6-4-3.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
The Marksman
In reply to Sean98
Sean98 said:

The Marksman said:

Sean98 said:

I get that people are upset with our current DHs, but in his limited action, Bell has looked clearly worse than everyone else, in my opinion
his stats and ABs say differently. Multiple 2-3 walk games in there point to at least decent ABs.

And now you have to switch out Sorrell anyway because he can't play 2B. So you're using up 2 players for a single AB that turns out to be terrible.
Uhhhh have you seen Bell's stats?
trouble
Schloss loves that he's pissing off their fans.
aginlakeway
In reply to Strike One
Strike One said:

Our 1st 2 hitters can't? Really?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
jah003
In reply to Strike One
Strike One said:

You are aware that Florida also has…

*checks notes*

2 runs.
jkag89
2:32p, 3/17/24
Shut this down now, Shane! Unhittable smoke please Sdao!
Scooley01
Let's go Sdao!
AggieBand2004
I never understood booing mound visits and pitching changes. If they're in such a hurry for the game to end, they can just leave early.
AggieBB
In reply to powerbelly
powerbelly said:

AggieBB said:

Kent is not a very good hitter, but I would have let him hit over Sorrell. Gotta trust Schloss though.

Only on texags is Kent not a good hitter.
Well, and the stat sheet.
trouble
In reply to phatty26
phatty26 said:

washedupballer said:

These tv guys are unprofessional

Hit the ****ing ball shut em up. Pathetic punch hit at bat I'd hope our announcers would be the same.

Should've pinch hit bell.

We hit plenty yesterday and they never shut up.
Killzone3abc
In reply to Mark Fairchild
He's had some bad ABs this game, but I still don't get it.
fightintxaggie10
In reply to GarryowenAg
GarryowenAg said:

I can't listen to these morons anymore. TV's on mute and tuning into Will.

The only super annoying thing with will is the extremely negative tone in his voice anytime anything happens not in the Ags favor. It's like, we're down in the count 0-1 with no outs and his tone sounds like we just lost the game.
AggieBand2004
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

Strike One said:

Our 1st 2 hitters can't? Really?

The bleeders don't often operate in reality
Alex580
2:33p, 3/17/24
Hitters have been under the fast ball all day
phatty26
In reply to Sean98
Sean98 said:

The Marksman said:

Sean98 said:

Bell hit in Austin a big hostile environment he would've been better also based on Sorrells horrible ab yesterday.
Evanhue
In reply to Scooley01
Scooley01 said:

Let's go Sdao!
clap, clap…clap, clap, clap
Lance Uppercut
--Pitching Change Aggies--
LHP - Sdao
1-0
2.84 ERA
12.2 IP
.239 BAA
1 Save
trouble
Let's go, smoke!
jkag89
In reply to jah003
Sir do you even TexAgs.

Never, ever give the other team credit, always point out the supposed weaknesses of our own.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 34 of 45
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings