*****Aggies vs. Mississippi State - Saturday*****
67,328 Views | 995 Replies
Killzone3abc
5:20p, 3/23/24
In reply to themissinglink
Might have solved our DH problem. Now we need to get one of these boys hitting at 2B.
themissinglink
5:27p, 3/23/24
In reply to Killzone3abc
Agreed, although Schott has been in a bit of a funk lately at the plate. I don't think he's locked down the DH job yet.
BLSmith04
5:29p, 3/23/24
Why did we wear the RWB uniforms? I thought those were only for when we were going for a sweep? And why didn't we wear the maroon jerseys yesterday, like we have in the second game of every other series?
drthoop
5:35p, 3/23/24
As much as it pains me to say it, Morris called a good game. Damn, I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
dermdoc
5:45p, 3/23/24
In reply to drthoop
drthoop said:

As much as it pains me to say it, Morris called a good game. Damn, I just threw up in my mouth a little.
He did.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
5:46p, 3/23/24
He was more consistent than I've ever seen him
trouble
5:47p, 3/23/24
Simple bake today. Bourbon sheet cake

dermdoc
5:49p, 3/23/24
Never seen Miss Stare act like that. What happened?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
RED AG 98
6:06p, 3/23/24
What a perfect day at the ballpark with my son. Lamkin was just tremendous.

Cute CLANGA couple sat in front of us, probably late 60s. They pretty much kept to their own business and just watched the game. She scored the game in a proper scorebook.

During the stretch, she stood up and full on belted God Bless America, operatic soprano style. Wouldn't surprise me if it came through on the broadcast if any of it was actually on air. When it was over she sat right back dish and went to scoring.

Anyway, cool story I know. See you Tuesday.
jkag89
6:10p, 3/23/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

His zone might not correspond the rule book but he was mostly consistent today which certainly not true of Bennet on Thursday and Savage on Friday.
jkag89
6:12p, 3/23/24
In reply to BLSmith04
BLSmith04 said:

Why did we wear the RWB uniforms? I thought those were only for when we were going for a sweep? And why didn't we wear the maroon jerseys yesterday, like we have in the second game of every other series?
I think they are going to be our third game of the weekend home uni in honor of 41's 100th birthday all season.
Sean98
6:27p, 3/23/24
Just finished reading all 28 pages since the game was over by the time I broke away from life responsibilities. I'll avoid going back and making all the comments o would have made in real time.

Helluva game I missed. Our 1-4 is going to be a real problem for folks all year. Just hard to navigate them all 3x a game. Impressive that we're winning these games with essentially 1/2-2/3 of a lineup right now. Credit goes to the Max Weiner crew and timely home runs so far. If Sorrell can lock down the LF job (he deserves a chance to do so) that'll help. Schott, Bard, maybe even Kaufer deserve a few looks in the 7 hole.

This is a good weekend against a competitive team where we didn't play our best ball. And still took 2. That's a quality conference weekend.
SchizoAg
6:31p, 3/23/24
you moran
6:54p, 3/23/24
To this point and from what I've seen, Miss St has one of the better, deeper staffs in the league. This is also the 2nd weekend in a row that we've faced a really good Sunday starter. This time we did a good job of sizing this guy up and pouncing on his mistakes 2nd/3rd time through (Monty had him from jump of course). Put 5 earned on him in 5.2. His ERA was sub 3 and now is mid 3.

Of course Lamkin was better
- Ballgame.
threeanout
7:05p, 3/23/24
It was the third inning before I realized their starting pitcher was throwing both right and left handed. I have never seen that before. Crazy.
you moran
7:17p, 3/23/24
In reply to threeanout
Haha. Yeah. There was a lot of pre-game talk about it. Apparently he can also pitch on land and underwater. Total freakshow.
Reno Hightower
7:19p, 3/23/24
Their pitcher threw 90mph fastballs for strikes with either hand. Amazing!
Killzone3abc
7:20p, 3/23/24
In reply to threeanout
He mostly threw right handed today. Apparently state was using him as 2 starters at one point last year. Crazy.
Slided bread
7:34p, 3/23/24
Have we figured out what state dugout was whining about when earley got into it with them?
Reno Hightower
7:57p, 3/23/24
In reply to jkag89
jkag89 said:

trouble said:

His zone might not correspond the rule book but he was mostly consistent today which certainly not true of Bennet on Thursday and Savage on Friday.

MSU certainly struggled with that today
Sean98
8:03p, 3/23/24
In reply to Killzone3abc
He's an excellent pitcher but much better from the right side.
rathAG05
8:10p, 3/23/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

Damn, that was a quick game

Too quick!!
RED AG 98
8:41p, 3/23/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

It's fun to be from the future, isn't it?
LOL. My app wasn't working work a dern but yes it is
BadMoonRisin
8:47p, 3/23/24
In reply to dermdoc
dermdoc said:

BadMoonRisin said:

What a cutie. What's your "grandpa" name?
It is Dee Dee for Dermdoc.

My daughters always call me derm or doc. Never dad.

Enjoy it. It's a wonderful time...doc
Hehateme1
9:03p, 3/23/24
In reply to you moran
you moran said:

Haha. Yeah. There was a lot of pre-game talk about it. Apparently he can also pitch on land and underwater. Total freakshow.
Yeah, but does he shoot fireballs out his arse ?
RED AG 98
9:09p, 3/23/24
In reply to dixichkn
dixichkn said:

Looks like Red Ag is MIA today. I gotcha, dude

Monty

Sorrell

Thank you! Was in attendance and this wasn't going to happen there.

But I gotta post the signs as well just because, well baseball is weird

BMont 80

Bmont 79

Sorrell 78

Agdad081216
10:49p, 3/23/24
In reply to trouble
That would be wonderful without the eggs flour sugar and milk. Lol. JK.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
trouble
10:59p, 3/23/24
In reply to Agdad081216
That was later

RED AG 98
11:04p, 3/23/24
Missed it live and wasn't aware until y'alls discussion here. Here's the video of the ump and Hines going at after the last pitch. Scotty shared a pic of premium of track man and it was a strike.

twk
11:09p, 3/23/24
In reply to RED AG 98
RED AG 98 said:

Missed it live and wasn't aware until y'alls discussion here. Here's the video of the ump and Hines going at after the last pitch. Scotty shared a pic of premium of track man and it was a strike.

Hodges could have tossed State players a half dozen times today for arguing balls and strikes. He gave them a lot of leeway, and wasn't interested in hearing it from Hines. I think the contact there is incidental.
cheeky
11:12p, 3/23/24
In reply to RED AG 98
RED AG 98 said:

dixichkn said:

Looks like Red Ag is MIA today. I gotcha, dude

Monty

Sorrell

Thank you! Was in attendance and this wasn't going to happen there.

But I gotta post the signs as well just because, well baseball is weird

BMont 80

Bmont 79

Sorrell 78

Explain, please.
RED AG 98
11:14p, 3/23/24
In reply to cheeky
Before the season, there was a lot of talk about this lineup hitting the long ball better than we have in a long time, and possibly even challenging our all time record. So we're counting down from the record.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
12:04a, 3/24/24
Nice series win Ags. Keep it up. Aschenbeck might be my favorite Aggie pitcher ever. The dude is a machine. Also, Lamkin is turning into a hell of a pitcher.
Bloc323
1:57a, 3/24/24
Would've been nice if Schloss had inserted Cortez on friday, and then we got the sweep today instead. We kind of wasted Aschenbeck (to an extent) and Cortez (entirely), our 2 best relievers. This should have been a sweep.

Schloss can sleep fine at night though, thanks to us only scoring that 1 run on Friday anyway. I assume he was afraid Cortez could walk someone in that scenario which would've loaded the bases or worse.
Bloc323
2:04a, 3/24/24
In reply to Alex580
Alex580 said:

dont get swept on the road and win your home series in the SEC is the name of the game
That sounds like such a mediocre mentality, and I wish Schloss didn't embrace it. I guess if we're not yet good enough to do better, then so be it. No doubt our 5-9 hitters and maybe all but 5 pitchers are all good reasons for us to manage expectations to be happy with .500 results all season like you said.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 28 of 29
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings