The "yall dont need me this week 9 Top 25 Rankings"

6,499 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by swimmerbabe11
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
yall know yall know yeah yeah yeah. I'm very happy for you and not bitter AT ALL week 9 Rankings.

actually I'm more bitter that they are already posted all over and I'm out here clicking and copying and pasting

coaches poll:
https://sportsdata.usatoday.com/baseball/cbb/coaches-poll

Warren nolan: https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2023/polls/week/

massey:
https://masseyratings.com/cbase/ncaa-d1/ratings

Congrats guys, fun stuff for yall.
Sean98
AG
And a series win for you!! Smile girl!!
swimmerbabe11
yes I have a glimmer of hope!!
themissinglink
AG
Congrats on the series win for the Frogs. I won't pretend to be a regular tcu fan, but I was glad to see tech go down and will be hoping for a sweep in Austin this week.
swimmerbabe11
you, me, the world, I want this series baaad
TheBonifaceOption
I wonder whats taking so long with the coaches poll?

Is Johnny Long going around threatening coaches if they dont keep MSST in the Top25?
dabo man
AG
Happy to see Lamar joining some of the polls.
Frok
AG
I need to guard my heart........
TheBonifaceOption
Aggies #3 716 -> #1 764
Pig #1 775 -> #2 738

"775" means unanimous #1 among coaches. Curious who has us at #2
trouble
AG
Dave Van Horn
pdg88
AG
We recieved 22 first place votes. Arkansas recieved 7 and Tenessee and Kentuck each recieved 1.

With 764 total points, we were either #2 on 7 ballots and #3 on 2 ballots, or #2 on 8 ballots and #4 on 1 ballot.
DatTallArchitect
AG
Thank you! I appreciate you posting all the polls. I had only seen two posted before. It's interesting to see what teams the different polls include and how they are seated
W
AG
oh, all the polls suddenly like South Carolina again

after semi-bagging on the Ags for not sweeping them
TheBonifaceOption
pdg88 said:

We recieved 22 first place votes. Arkansas recieved 7 and Tenessee and Kentuck each recieved 1.

With 764 total points, we were either (#2 on 7 ballots and #3 on 2 ballots), or (#2 on 8 ballots and #4 on 1 ballot).
Considering we havent sniffed #4 since March, your first scenario is most likely. Unless you have a vindictive coach...

Which would make the 2nd scenario make more sense than two coaches thinking we are still #3 in the country.
Charlie 31
AG

Wow, the Carolinas are really rocking the Top 25 College Baseball polls.

In the College Baseball Central Top 25, alone, are eight teams from North Carolina and South Carolina that are ranked and one team that is unranked and received a vote:
5 -- Clemson
7 -- Duke
10 -- North Carolina
11 -- East Carolina
12 -- Wake Forest
16 -- South Carolina
17 -- Coastal Carolina
19 -- North Carolina State
Receiving 1 Vote -- Charleston

Edits -- to add Wake Forest (thanks jkag89) and the map graphic

jkag89
You missed Wake Forest.

Most of these teams tend to be regulars in the polls year after year. Duke is a relative newcomer but have been pretty good for the last six or seven years.
Charlie 31
AG
jkag89 said:

You missed Wake Forest.

Most of these teams tend to be regulars in the polls year after year. Duke is a relative newcomer but have been pretty good for the last six or seven years.
Thanks for letting me know I missed Wake Forest. I corrected the post. That is even more impressive that just under 1/3 of the Top 25 are teams from the Carolinas.
Decay
AG
Charlie 31 said:

In the College Baseball Central Top 25, alone, are eight teams from North Carolina and South Carolina that are ranked and one team that is unranked and received a vote:
5 -- Clemson
7 -- Duke
10 -- North Carolina
11 -- East Carolina
12 -- Wake Forest
16 -- South Carolina
17 -- Coastal Carolina

West Carolina slacking

Edit- actually I got curious and there is actually a school called that! "Western Carolina University (WCU) is a public university in Cullowhee, North Carolina. It is part of the University of North Carolina system."
jkag89
Charlie 31 said:

jkag89 said:

You missed Wake Forest.

Thanks for letting me know I missed Wake Forest. I corrected the post. That is even more impressive that just under 1/3 of the Top 25 are teams from the Carolinas.
The Campbell Camels were also in the early season polls for several weeks.

Another oddity is the lack of Texas (2), Florida (1) and California (1) schools represented.
Sean98
AG
Charlie 31 said:

5 -- Clemson
7 -- Duke
10 -- North Carolina
11 -- East Carolina
12 -- Wake Forest
16 -- South Carolina
17 -- Coastal Carolina

The Carolinas are borderline baseball royalty. College and minor league programs galore. Despite some inexplicable basketball infatuation it's warm enough to not have to play indoor sports.
ce27
AG
jkag89 said:

Charlie 31 said:

jkag89 said:

You missed Wake Forest.

Another oddity is the lack of Texas (2), Florida (1) and California (1) schools represented.

Texas does have 3 with the Aggies, DBU, and mighty Lamar.
TheBonifaceOption
jkag89 said:

You missed Wake Forest.

It doesnt count. WF doesn't have Carolina in the name.
you moran
AG
Don't forget USC Upstate as a slacker. Or North South Carolina State if you prefer.
jkag89
ce27 said:

jkag89 said:

Charlie 31 said:

jkag89 said:

You missed Wake Forest.

Texas does have 3 with the Aggies, DBU, and mighty Lamar.
Not in the D1 Poll but my apologies to the Cardinals for missing they made one of the many baseball polls.
jkag89
TheBonifaceOption said:

jkag89 said:

You missed Wake Forest.

It doesnt count. WF doesn't have Carolina in the name.
Neither did Duke and it wasn't missed.
DatTallArchitect
AG
What teams moved this week in the polls? Any surprises?
dabo man
AG
Only one that I've looked at is d1baseball.com
Sean98
AG
Beavers may have deserved a bigger drop but we're deep into the season and there's a hot mess below them so I guess I understand.
you moran
AG
Our Ags thoroughly dominated a very good Vanderbilt squad. Now first to leave Bama with a series win.

A few stubbed toes this week. Org St at the top of the list.

The entire Big 12 sucks. All of them. I'm guessing crap OU and maybe crap tard get shoehorned in this week as crap West Virginia falls the eff out. Musical chairs.
swimmerbabe11
woops. I just realized I skipped this week. I'm sorry team! I let you down!
jkag89
Hey, things haven't been exactly been going well for your frogs since you began these threads. Had a good midweek and if things go well against KSU it might be best to say, TexAgs you're on your own when it comes to polls.
e=mc2
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

woops. I just realized I skipped this week. I'm sorry team! I let you down!

How is this not your top priority? Sad!
Aggie0956732
we were either #2 on 7 ballots and #3 on 2 ballots, or #2 on 8 ballots and #4 on 1 ballot.
swimmerbabe11
DatTallArchitect
AG
Have this week's rankings been released? I'm curious what movement happened with different teams
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.