*****Aggies @ Alabama - Thursday*****
28,739 Views | 270 Replies
fieldtrailer
7:19p, 4/18/24
In reply to Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead said:

Curious, is there any data suggesting a double header situation further favors the home team vs visiting, or vice versa? Or is it simply just magnifying the fallout if a team is 'off' that day.

Definitely favors the underdog. Hard to win both.
jkag89
7:20p, 4/18/24
In reply to twk
twk said:

Scooley01 said:

PlanoAg98 said:

So game #1 at 11 am...

Assuming a 2.5 hour game (max), game #2 around 2pm?

Would the second game not stay at 6pm as scheduled?
Usually they announce it as a day/night doubleheader if that is the case. No linear telecast tomorrow. I think they are concerned about more rain tomorrow.
That has to be the reason for the early start tomorrow, want to have as much time as possible in an attempt to get both games in otherwise 7 inning games on Saturday.
Sean98
7:23p, 4/18/24
In reply to fieldtrailer
fieldtrailer said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Curious, is there any data suggesting a double header situation further favors the home team vs visiting, or vice versa? Or is it simply just magnifying the fallout if a team is 'off' that day.

I'd love to see stats because I would think the exact opposite
Agdad081216
7:24p, 4/18/24
In reply to fieldtrailer
One pitch at a time.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
TnAg23
7:26p, 4/18/24
So why can't we play on Sunday?
jkag89
7:28p, 4/18/24
In reply to TnAg23
Must get a series in the allotted number of days by SEC rules.
powerbelly
7:30p, 4/18/24
While I am bummed about the game, I do love a Friday afternoon game during work.
RED AG 98
7:31p, 4/18/24
In reply to jkag89
jkag89 said:

twk said:

Scooley01 said:

PlanoAg98 said:

So game #1 at 11 am...

Usually they announce it as a day/night doubleheader if that is the case. No linear telecast tomorrow. I think they are concerned about more rain tomorrow.
That has to be the reason for the early start tomorrow, want to have as much time as possible in an attempt to get both games in otherwise 7 inning games on Saturday.
Rain forecast all day, but starts at 15% in the morning and increases to ~50% in the afternoon. Definitely a concern.
7:35p, 4/18/24
They shouldn't have called it, rain is disapating, they could have started by 8:15.
Quincey P. Morris
7:38p, 4/18/24
In reply to 1939
1939 said:

They shouldn't have called it, rain is disapating, they could have started by 8:15.

Percentages still look high for a while. And can their field handle that quick a turnaround? I know ours is good, but I don't know what other schools spend on baseball.
AggieRob93
7:41p, 4/18/24
In reply to jkag89
jkag89 said:

ag4christ19 said:

My folks are at the ballpark. Postponed until tomorrow at 11

In-ter-jec-tions!
TyHolden
7:48p, 4/18/24
Any chance either of these on regular SEC Network?
randy828
7:49p, 4/18/24
In reply to Tbs2003
Tbs2003 said:

Martin Cash said:

Caesar4 said:

Reminds me. I was wondering about baseball movie suggestions….what's at the top of everyone's list?

My fav is 42 and of course there's The Natural and Field of Dreams. Wondering if there are some that I haven't seen or heard of.
For Love of the Game
And Bull Durham to complete the Costner trifecta.
Bad News Bears -1976 version of course.
trouble
8:09p, 4/18/24
In reply to Agdad081216
Agdad081216 said:

Schloss should make them wait and play later. Like they screwed us last year

Schloss didn't want to play that game at all.
ensign_beedrill
8:20p, 4/18/24
In reply to ensign_beedrill
ensign_beedrill said:

I'm going to see about taking a nap. Wake me if we get a game time, ok? Thanks.

I did get a nap in! Looks like no baseball though. Thinking I should just go back to sleep lol.
KT 90
8:44p, 4/18/24
In reply to fieldtrailer
fieldtrailer said:

Pumpkinhead said:

I would say it favors the team with the deeper pitching staff. Less of a chance to use a pitcher more than once with the shorter recovery time.

Catching depth could also be a factor.
Agdad081216
9:06p, 4/18/24
In reply to trouble
I remember. The AD pissed and moaned and we played.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
dixichkn
9:37p, 4/18/24
In reply to 1939
1939 said:

Sounds like the Hurricane Bowl back in the 80's. Same school even.
missinAggieland
5:51a, 4/19/24
In reply to jkag89
jkag89 said:

twk said:

Scooley01 said:

PlanoAg98 said:

So game #1 at 11 am...

Yes to the weather concerns. We were looking last night since our plan is to make it there by game 2. If the game is not weather delayed (game 2) my seats will be empty, which is a bummer for me and my kiddo. It's a 3.5 hr drive for us and between work responsibilities that are critical today and daughter's school we cannot leave before 3.
RED AG 98
8:01a, 4/19/24
In reply to missinAggieland
Just fyi, per the release the 2nd game starts 45 minutes after completion of the first. Assuming no delays the second game will done or nearly done when you even arrive. Are you going to the Saturday game as well?
Noctilucent
9:02a, 4/19/24
In reply to randy828
randy828 said:

Tbs2003 said:

Martin Cash said:

Caesar4 said:

Reminds me. I was wondering about baseball movie suggestions….what's at the top of everyone's list?

My fav is 42 and of course there's The Natural and Field of Dreams. Wondering if there are some that I haven't seen or heard of.
For Love of the Game

I think Bull Durham is the best and funniest baseball movie, but always liked watching Major League too (no, not Major League II, that one sucked). Clint Eastwood's Trouble with the Curve was pretty good, as was Moneyball. Watch most of these, and the ones mentioned above, every Spring.
Noctilucent
9:08a, 4/19/24
In reply to Noctilucent
Noctilucent said:

randy828 said:

Tbs2003 said:

Martin Cash said:

Caesar4 said:

For Love of the Game

I think Bull Durham is the best and funniest baseball movie, but always liked watching Major League too (no, not Major League II, that one sucked). Clint Eastwood's Trouble with the Curve was pretty good, as was Moneyball. Watch most of these, and the ones mentioned above, every Spring.
Forgot The Sandlot. That was a good movie!
TyHolden
9:26a, 4/19/24
LFG

RED AG 98
9:29a, 4/19/24
fyi, new thread started for today's game
Capitol Ag
10:05a, 4/19/24
In reply to Scooley01
Scooley01 said:

Capitol Ag said:

11am? Looks like my classes are getting worksheets while I follow the game, er, I mean teach the youth of tomorrow.

It sounds like a good opportunity for some of that "Student-led instruction" that admin is always telling us about
Yes! Very good idea!. This will allow them to work on those TEKS. Are those even in TEKS? Who knows, they are for today!
missinAggieland
7:13p, 4/19/24
In reply to RED AG 98
RED AG 98 said:

Just fyi, per the release the 2nd game starts 45 minutes after completion of the first. Assuming no delays the second game will done or nearly done when you even arrive. Are you going to the Saturday game as well?

Yes, we are going to Saturday's game. No way were we making today's after they moved the game time. I just let my seats stay empty…

Stupid weather.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 8 of 8
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off