1:54p, 4/19/24
A Little insurance would be nice, here, AGS
AgEng06
Let's light up this former t-sip
Furlock Bones
In reply to TAMUallen
Florida set the low bar for announcers to start SEC play. Literally every away announcing crew has been better.
dermdoc
In reply to AggieBB
AggieBB said:

Gyles Marrett said:

ensign_beedrill said:

Aschenbeck is in the bullpen. No longer in the dugout.
If we go to the 9th up 10-5 no way I'm wasting Aschenbeck. Bound to have an arm that can get 3 outs before they score 5. I'm sure Sdao at least starts the 9th.

I will be STUNNED if we waste Asch with a 5 run lead only needing 3 outs.

He will be used if we need him. You run Sdao out and put Evan in if he gets in trouble. He would still be available for the second game.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
fav13andac1)c
1:55p, 4/19/24
In reply to The Collective
The Collective said:

I bet Schloss knows how to manage the pitching situation today

Are we not allowed to contemplate? That's part of the fun!
Sharpshooter
In reply to TAMUallen
TAMUallen said:

archangelus2 said:

Man, Alabama acts like they are just demoralized. Hopefully carries over to next couple games...

I mean we really did take the wind out of their sails in a commanding way in the 5th
Is it just my imagination or has the 5th been a good inning for us a lot recently.
AgLA06
In reply to dermdoc
dermdoc said:

AgLA06 said:

dermdoc said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Ashenbeck is in the dugout so he wont pitch game 2. We still have a lot of arms. We also had all of our starters last weekend go 7 innings so they got a ton of rest. Should be fine.

Umm we are sitting with the Aschenbecks and he is ready to go game 2 today.
With a 5 run lead, no reason to use him game 1 with Sdao and CC giving us good innings.

Going to need to go a little deeper in the pin than normal with 3 games in 30 hours and it's a luxury to hold your closer until game 2 and 3.

What difference does it make? Actually one day rest might be worse.
A lot. Double headers are hard on pitchers and routines. And routine is key for high leverage guys.
RED AG 98
In reply to AggieBB
AggieBB said:

Gyles Marrett said:

ensign_beedrill said:

If we go to the 9th up 10-5 no way I'm wasting Aschenbeck. Bound to have an arm that can get 3 outs before they score 5. I'm sure Sdao at least starts the 9th.

Only reason I might not be totally stunned is 234 are up... however, let's just add a big ol' crooked number here and make it a moo point

AggieBB
In reply to dermdoc
dermdoc said:

AggieBB said:

Gyles Marrett said:

ensign_beedrill said:

He will be used if we need him. You run Sdao out and put Evan in if he gets in trouble. He would still be available for the second game.

Nah. Not with a 5 run lead needing only 3 outs.
AgLA06
1:56p, 4/19/24
In reply to The Collective
The Collective said:

I bet Schloss knows how to manage the pitching situation today
I guess we should make some chat board or something on the internet so the rest of us can talk about it then.
AggieBB
In reply to RED AG 98
RED AG 98 said:

AggieBB said:

Gyles Marrett said:

ensign_beedrill said:

Only reason I might not be totally stunned is 234 are up... however, let's just add a big ol' crooked number here and make it a moo point

Agree on the crooked number!
Agdad081216
Brown Horse get on base.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
trouble
Pitching Change

Pierce George, RHP

Lil Bit

strike
ball
ball
ball
6-3

Top 9
1 out

Fightin Texas Aggies 10
gumps 5
jkag89
In reply to Charlie Moran
Charlie Moran said:

What's Shane's pitch count
t_J_e_C_x
Save Ashenbeck for game 2 to relieve Jones.
C/O 2013 - Company E2
Missouri Boat Ride
1:57p, 4/19/24
In reply to Aggie12B
Aggie12B said:

A Little insurance would be nice, here, AGS

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/6d2d5ecf-11ee-4713-b114-6eedebe86457
trouble
Gravin

F8

Top 9
2 out

Fightin Texas Aggies 10
gumps 5
AgE2theBONE
I've no idea how you see a 97mph fastball on the inside part of the plate.

jkag89
1:58p, 4/19/24
Two out Rally Time Tubby!
dermdoc
In reply to AgLA06
AgLA06 said:

dermdoc said:

AgLA06 said:

dermdoc said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Ashenbeck is in the dugout so he wont pitch game 2. We still have a lot of arms. We also had all of our starters last weekend go 7 innings so they got a ton of rest. Should be fine.

With a 5 run lead, no reason to use him game 1 with Sdao and CC giving us good innings.

Going to need to go a little deeper in the pin than normal with 3 games in 30 hours and it's a luxury to hold your closer until game 2 and 3.

A lot. Double headers are hard on pitchers and routines. And routine is key for high leverage guys.

I actually think on the road it helps the visitors. Takes away a lot of home field advantage.

Serious question, say Evan pitches ten pitches in this game and then comes back in the second game? Do you think he would be more effective waiting a day? Seems the same to me
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Charlie Moran
In reply to t_J_e_C_x
I agree. No way I use Evan unless tying run is up to bat
"I didn't come here to lose!" Charley Moran
Craigy
Concentration and technique. It's done everyday
Agdad081216
Start the 2-out rally LaViolence
RED AG 98
"Camiro" ????

Stupid Bammer. Where'd he learn to talk good?
AgEng06
1:59p, 4/19/24
Get on base, Jace, so we can see Braden.
Scooley01
2:00p, 4/19/24
In reply to dermdoc
dermdoc said:

AgLA06 said:

dermdoc said:

AgLA06 said:

dermdoc said:

BadMoonRisin said:

I actually think on the road it helps the visitors. Takes away a lot of home field advantage.

Serious question, say Evan pitches ten pitches in this game and then comes back in the second game? Do you think he would be more effective waiting a day? Seems the same to me

I think this is correct. Instead of two prime time evening games, you get two mid-afternoon crowds back to back.
AgEng06
In reply to AgEng06
AgEng06 said:

Get on base, Jace, so we can see Braden.
Dammit.

OK, let's go Shane!
AggieBB
In reply to dermdoc
dermdoc said:

AgLA06 said:

dermdoc said:

AgLA06 said:

dermdoc said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Getting hot twice in the same day is tough on a pitcher. Speaking from experience.
Agdad081216
Jace just missed three.
ABATTBQ87
In reply to dermdoc
dermdoc said:

AgLA06 said:

dermdoc said:

AgLA06 said:

dermdoc said:

BadMoonRisin said:

When I coached summer HS baseball and we played double headers, I found my pitchers wanted to be on the mound for both games, as they were warmed up, knew the mound, and were mentally and physically ready to go.
jkag89
2:01p, 4/19/24
whelp no insurance
RED AG 98
Barreled, just too high. It's too high.
BadMoonRisin
3 more lets go!
dermdoc
In reply to AggieBB
AggieBB said:

dermdoc said:

AggieBB said:

Gyles Marrett said:

ensign_beedrill said:

Nah. Not with a 5 run lead needing only 3 outs.

Agree to disagree. A 5 run lead is not safe in college baseball. We scored 6 runs with 2 outs in the fifth today.
RED AG 98
FINISH THEM!
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 43 of 48
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE