Pinch hitter?!
7,098 Views | 72 Replies
cords12
3:45p, 4/20/24
You bring in an ice cold pinch hitter batting .233 with the game on the line?! Mind boggling
Aggies2009
3:47p, 4/20/24
Yeah, I wonder if Schloss spends every day with the team and knows a bunch of stuff we don't or something.
AWP 97
3:49p, 4/20/24
I wonder if someone forgot to tell the batter about the expanded strike zone. You can't pitch hit and strike out looking.
TAMUallen
3:52p, 4/20/24
I'll admit that this one was a little bit strange

Who knows though... been a long but quick weekend at the end of a game, maybe he was cramping up and needed to do it
OlsenAg15
3:52p, 4/20/24
I don't mind the matchup there, but dang if Schloss gives you that shot you simply CANNOT watch a third called strike..and on tv it looked like that pitch caught a lot of plate.
Ags played great all weekend though, no need to get caught up. On to the next…!
frenchtoast
3:53p, 4/20/24
This was Schloss's App State. Jimbo 3.0
Aggies2009
3:53p, 4/20/24
In reply to frenchtoast
frenchtoast said:

Lmao
Hungry Ojos
3:54p, 4/20/24
In reply to frenchtoast
frenchtoast said:

Dude.
frenchtoast
3:57p, 4/20/24
That was a joke btw
AG86PF
3:57p, 4/20/24
In reply to frenchtoast
Didn't see your " this was a joke". Sorry
dcg4403
3:58p, 4/20/24
In reply to cords12
cords12 said:

You bring in an ice cold pinch hitter batting .233 with the game on the line?! Mind boggling

I was just going to make a thread about this.

Absolutely Schloss made it 1st major F-UP as coach this season. Horrible, horrible choice.

I dont care if a righty batter was strategically better. You cant take out the game winner for Game 2 who has played very well for us. Dude could have easily given us the needed pop out...if not better.

Ahhhhhh!
LB12Diamond
3:59p, 4/20/24
In reply to cords12
Bc of his smaller strike zone.
TAMU1990
4:02p, 4/20/24
I've would have stayed with Sorrell. All we needed was a fly ball and he's been doing that well lately.

Maybe a bunt from Ali during his AB, but he likes doing that down 3rd base line. It would have to been down 1st base line. No way they would have been ready for it. But he had been swinging well so I don't have any issues.
aggiewilliford
4:04p, 4/20/24
That wasn't done well in the 9th. You know that will bother schloss!
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
Mark Fairchild
4:04p, 4/20/24
like the idea of a bunt from Ali.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
aggiewilliford
4:05p, 4/20/24
In reply to Mark Fairchild
Mark Fairchild said:

like the idea of a bunt from Ali.

Yep!
BLSmith04
4:18p, 4/20/24
Sorrell hit a sac fly in his last at bat, and it was off the same pitcher. Exactly what we needed here. Hate taking the bat out of his hand there, especially for a guy who's barely played since February and has struggled every time he has.
aggiewilliford
4:34p, 4/20/24
I also would have let Bell PH in that hole. There are so many other ways I would have played it. This one is really bothering me!
Polska
4:45p, 4/20/24
Was hoping for Targac there. Didn't like the decision, but learn from it and move on.
William_C_G
4:56p, 4/20/24
I also didn't like the decision. Unless you are a great hitter, a cold bat rarely turns out well. But I won't throw a fit about the decision either.
swc93
5:11p, 4/20/24
I think he took the opportunity in a hostile environment with the series in the bag to see what a young freshman can make of the situation. Experience.
milner79
5:40p, 4/20/24
In reply to swc93
swc93 said:

I think he took the opportunity in a hostile environment with the series in the bag to see what a young freshman can make of the situation. Experience.
MaroonStain
5:42p, 4/20/24
In reply to cords12
cords12 said:

Your FING aspirin shows up after we take a road SEX series from a ranked SEX team? Gump was bludgeoned by this Texas Aggie squad.

I think you are MaroonPawn's sock. People of baseball board update your spreadsheets.
AggieBB
5:46p, 4/20/24
In reply to swc93
swc93 said:

Except he's not a freshman
BLSmith04
5:46p, 4/20/24
In reply to AggieBB
AggieBB said:

swc93 said:

Bindy is a redshirt freshman
AggieBB
5:50p, 4/20/24
In reply to aggiewilliford
aggiewilliford said:

God I hope so. That game was there for the taking. Schloss set BB up for failure. Winning two out of three is great and all, but I don't want to see this team fall into the pattern of being happy with it like much of the fan base. I want to see this team win an sec championship and tear ass through the post season all the way to the CwS championship.
AggieBB
5:51p, 4/20/24
In reply to BLSmith04
BLSmith04 said:

AggieBB said:

swc93 said:

Correct. Not a young freshman. Jack Bell is a young freshman.
eeaggie11
5:57p, 4/20/24
Schloss is playing 4D chess. Making decisions to try and avoid the dreaded #1 overall seed
aginlakeway
6:35p, 4/20/24
In reply to AggieBB
AggieBB said:

aggiewilliford said:

God I hope so. That game was there for the taking. Schloss set BB up for failure. Winning two out of three is great and all, but I don't want to see this team fall into the pattern of being happy with it like much of the fan base. I want to see this team win an sec championship and tear ass through the post season all the way to the CwS championship.

Consistently winning 2 of 3 = National title.
AggieBB
6:39p, 4/20/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

AggieBB said:

aggiewilliford said:

Except we don't get to play Alabama, South Carolina, Auburn, etc in SR and Omaha.
TAMU1990
6:39p, 4/20/24
In reply to AggieBB
AggieBB said:

BLSmith04 said:

AggieBB said:

swc93 said:

Correct. Not a young freshman. Jack Bell is a young freshman.
In Blake's defense, he didn't start hitting until after last season. Still wouldn't have called his number in that spot though.
TAMU1990
6:45p, 4/20/24
In reply to AggieBB
AggieBB said:

aginlakeway said:

AggieBB said:

aggiewilliford said:

Except we don't get to play Alabama, South Carolina, Auburn, etc in SR and Omaha.
Except the committee likes to pair regionals with SEC teams going against each other in the Supers to limit the number of SEC teams at Omaha
McInnis
6:47p, 4/20/24
In reply to dcg4403
dcg4403 said:

cords12 said:

I was just going to make a thread about this.

Absolutely Schloss made it 1st major F-UP as coach this season. Horrible, horrible choice.

I dont care if a righty batter was strategically better. You cant take out the game winner for Game 2 who has played very well for us. Dude could have easily given us the needed pop out...if not better.

Ahhhhhh!

Binderup doesn't have a hit against left handed pitching this season. I think he'll be a good player for us, but what a situation for him to be put in.
Hehateme1
6:51p, 4/20/24
NVM
HoustonAg2106
7:16p, 4/20/24
In reply to TAMU1990
TAMU1990 said:

AggieBB said:

aginlakeway said:

AggieBB said:

aggiewilliford said:

Except the committee likes to pair regionals with SEC teams going against each other in the Supers to limit the number of SEC teams at Omaha

Has our regional ever been paired with another SEC regional?
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 3
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings