Starting pitxhing
1,584 Views | 10 Replies
AG86PF
4:03p, 4/20/24
Very talented. But they concern me. Prager has been by far the best. But short outings by starters puts too much stress on the bullpen. And the offense is often playing from behind. Easily win today with better starts and fewer innings by the top relievers yesterday and a more rested bullpen for today. Concerning in playoffs and CWS
powerbelly
4:04p, 4/20/24
I'm not concerned yet. Every team has an off weekend or two, especially on the road. Another weekend of short starts would be concerning.
Sean98
4:07p, 4/20/24
Until 3 weeks ago Lamkin had arguably been our best. Until 3 weeks ago Tanner had been borderline bad. This is a good, not elite, staff. Not sure anyone has an elite staff outside of Arkansas maybe and they can't hit. Vandy might be next best and we saw how that worked for them last week.

Here's what we learned... We can't have every starter have a bad start in the same weekend where our series gets shortened down to 3 games in 2 days.
AG86PF
4:20p, 4/20/24
I think what we are missing is a healthy Wansing. And I don't know that we will see that this year.
TheBonifaceOption
5:17p, 4/20/24
In reply to AG86PF
AG86PF said:

I think what we are missing is a healthy Wansing. And I don't know that we will see that this year.

He's injured since coming back a week ago?
trouble
5:19p, 4/20/24
In reply to TheBonifaceOption
TheBonifaceOption said:

AG86PF said:

No but he's not close to being able to give us a full start
TheBonifaceOption
5:23p, 4/20/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

TheBonifaceOption said:

AG86PF said:

No but he's not close to being able to give us a full start

So it's not his health that's the question. It's whether his arm is game ready. I expect we see a few more innings out of him on Tuesdays and maybe some relief on the weekends.
trouble
5:25p, 4/20/24
In reply to TheBonifaceOption
Yeah, he's not fully stretched yet. I expect a few innings Tuesday and maybe Saturday.
Mark Fairchild
5:32p, 4/20/24
I hope to see him Tuesday night for a couple of innings. I would wager that he is working to get back as hard as he can, and I want to see him on the mound again.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
HoustonAg2106
12:27p, 4/21/24
In reply to AG86PF
AG86PF said:

Very talented. But they concern me. Prager has been by far the best. But short outings by starters puts too much stress on the bullpen. And the offense is often playing from behind. Easily win today with better starts and fewer innings by the top relievers yesterday and a more rested bullpen for today. Concerning in playoffs and CWS

Having to play the doubleheader is what taxed the bullpen in a way that you normally don't have to deal with. If you had told me Friday morning that we would win 2 out of 3 with having to play a doubleheader that day I would have easily taken it
ensign_beedrill
9:16a, 4/22/24
In reply to Sean98
Sean98 said:

Until 3 weeks ago Lamkin had arguably been our best. Until 3 weeks ago Tanner had been borderline bad. This is a good, not elite, staff. Not sure anyone has an elite staff outside of Arkansas maybe and they can't hit. Vandy might be next best and we saw how that worked for them last week.

Here's what we learned... We can't have every starter have a bad start in the same weekend where our series gets shortened down to 3 games in 2 days.
Basically, don't get into the loser's bracket in a Regional. I think we can do enough to avoid that, especially if we play at home.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings