1 - Texas A&M - 0.645
2 - Arkansas - 0.644
3 - Kentucky - 0.640
4 - Clemson - 0.629
5 - Florida State - 0.627
6 - Tennessee - 0.624
7 - North Carolina - 0.623
8 - East Carolina - 0.618

Boyd's World RPI Needs Report says all we need is to finish with approximately 8 more wins to stay in the Top 8.
bv86ag
8:58a, 4/21/24
In case you are not familiar with Texas A&M's history with NCAA postseason selection committees..I would suggest that A&M needs to do more than just win 8 more games.
If A&M doesn't win more than 8 more games..I guarantee you the committee will jack with them and we will not be a top 8 national seed.
Especially if they were to lose 2 of 3 games to LSU and Arkansas late in the regular season..or get swept by either one..or tank against Georgia.
In case you haven't learned...Texas A&M always has to do more...which was the exact quote of an A&M coach recently.
I don't trust any blogger rpi geek on the internet to tell us what we can get away with as a minimum requirement...that only works for other certain schools in Texas and the SEC.
aginlakeway
9:10a, 4/21/24
In reply to bv86ag
Stongly disagree on that we won't be a national seed if we only win 8 more games.

If we go 8-4 in our final 22 SEC games and finish 21-9 in conference, we're 100% a national seed. And a very high one.
Gump 02
9:45a, 4/21/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

Stongly disagree on that we won't be a national seed if we only win 8 more games.

If we go 8-4 in our final 22 SEC games and finish 21-9 in conference, we're 100% a national seed. And a very high one.

We have 15 games left. If we go 8-7, we may lose our top-8 seed, especially if we lose in spectacular fashion.

Regardless, I don't think we need to worry about that hypothetical.
jsc8116
9:59a, 4/21/24
What are odds for us to at least host a regional? Live in Utah and would like to fly down to watch the first round but BAS tells me as soon as I buy plane tickets we lose out.
Muy
9:59a, 4/21/24
Don't we have 4 conf series left?
aginlakeway
10:03a, 4/21/24
In reply to jsc8116
jsc8116 said:

What are odds for us to at least host a regional? Live in Utah and would like to fly down to watch the first round but BAS tells me as soon as I buy plane tickets we lose out.

90%. Maybe higher.
aginlakeway
10:08a, 4/21/24
In reply to Muy
Muy said:

Don't we have 4 conf series left?

We stand at 13-5/35-5. We're a near lock to host a regional and in the driver's seat to be a national seed.

We have Houston, Tarleton and Rice left in non conference. We have 3 (Georgia, LSU and Ole Miss) of the worst 6 SEC teams left on our sked. And Arkansas. Going 3-0 in nonconference and 6-6 (I think we'll do better) in the SEC gets us to 19-11/44-11. That's very likely a national seed.
StinkyPinky
10:19a, 4/21/24
In reply to jsc8116
jsc8116 said:

Very likely. The wheels would totally have to fall off which is very unlikely. I'd start planning.
W
10:25a, 4/21/24
things are looking good for the Ags

the team is stacking series wins over regional teams

South Carolina
Vanderbilt
Alabama

teams that will be 1-seeds or 2-seeds

edit...can add Mississippi State to the list -- Bulldogs should be a 2 or 3-seed

greg.w.h
11:36a, 4/21/24
We could just win the rest and dare them not to make us #1 overall…
SquareOne07
11:43a, 4/21/24
The lack of optimism in this thread is puzzling
jkag89
11:56a, 4/21/24
In reply to SquareOne07
Too many Ags rather be miserable rather than just enjoy the season as it unfolds. IMO, this is the primary cause of BAS.
aginlakeway
12:05p, 4/21/24
In reply to jkag89
jkag89 said:

Too many Ags rather be miserable rather than just enjoy the season as it unfolds. IMO, this is the primary cause of BAS.

A lot of people are like that IRL too. They fear the unlikely unknown.

IMO, there's no such things at BAS. It's just an irrational fear of an outcome that you can't control. It's a self-created emotion.
Killzone3abc
7:21p, 4/21/24
In reply to bv86ag
bv86ag said:

In case you are not familiar with Texas A&M's history with NCAA postseason selection committees..I would suggest that A&M needs to do more than just win 8 more games.
If A&M doesn't win more than 8 more games..I guarantee you the committee will jack with them and we will not be a top 8 national seed.
Especially if they were to lose 2 of 3 games to LSU and Arkansas late in the regular season..or get swept by either one..or tank against Georgia.
In case you haven't learned...Texas A&M always has to do more...which was the exact quote of an A&M coach recently.
I don't trust any blogger rpi geek on the internet to tell us what we can get away with as a minimum requirement...that only works for other certain schools in Texas and the SEC.
21-9 in conference play is good enough to win the SEC most years, and is a guaranteed top 8 seed. Calm down with the BAS.
Killzone3abc
7:22p, 4/21/24
In reply to StinkyPinky
Look at South Carolina last year if you are worried about our hosting odds
The Banned
7:41p, 4/21/24
In reply to jkag89
jkag89 said:

You have it backwards. BAS makes it extremely difficult to watch the season unfold. I know baseball is different, but us being left out of the CFP in 2020 is a perfect example of how we are always expected to do more.
LB12Diamond
7:41p, 4/21/24
In reply to jkag89
jkag89 said:

We are number 1. Have a great team. And it appears some are waiting for the Hindenburg to explode.
Serious Lee
9:46p, 4/21/24
would hate to be in a foxhole with some of you. absolutely covered in piss
Pumpkinhead
10:19p, 4/21/24
In reply to bv86ag
bv86ag said:

8 more wins = 21-9 SEC Record = Top 8 National seed and not even close. Do you realize how hard it is to get to 21 SEC wins? That would be an impressive win total mark.
bv86ag
5:18a, 4/22/24
8 more wins in SEC play yes....but the original post didn't say 8 SEC wins...it only said 8 wins total...and facing UH, Tarleton , and Rice would probably have no effect or in fact slightly hurt our RPI.
Maybe I jumped to conclusions by not assuming this post meant 8 SEC wins.
My bad.
Tobias Funke
8:11a, 4/22/24
The committee is going to penalize us for losing our coach to Texas because we didn't commit hard enough to building a brand new stadium, but it's going to work out in the end because John Sharp lured a soccer game to Kyle Field the same weekend as super regionals and the NCAA wouldn't have let us do both anyway.
dcg4403
8:16a, 4/22/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

AGREED 100% This team has done a wonderful job securing a NCAA host. Not guaranteed quite yet but NO DOUBT they want A&M as a host. No conspiracy theories apply to this baseball team. One of the best to watch and one of the best stadiums supporting it. Having Ags host is a win-win for everyone. Just finish out strong. Ideally take the next 2 series and call it done.
StinkyPinky
8:25a, 4/22/24
In reply to Killzone3abc
Killzone3abc said:

Look at South Carolina last year if you are worried about our hosting odds
I'm not worried. That's OP. I'd be really surprised if we weren't hosting. But while the home field would be nice and fun for the fans, I like this team on any field.
greg.w.h
8:30a, 4/22/24
In reply to Tobias Funke
Tobias Funke said:

The committee is going to penalize us for losing our coach to Texas because we didn't commit hard enough to building a brand new stadium, but it's going to work out in the end because John Sharp lured a soccer game to Kyle Field the same weekend as super regionals and the NCAA wouldn't have let us do both anyway.
Now that I believe…
ensign_beedrill
9:10a, 4/22/24
In reply to Gump 02
Gump 02 said:

aginlakeway said:

We have 15 games left. If we go 8-7, we may lose our top-8 seed, especially if we lose in spectacular fashion.

Regardless, I don't think we need to worry about that hypothetical.

Yeah, one of the things the committee looks at is recent results. If a team looks like it's trending down, they're not given as much credit as one that looks like it's trending up. Anyway. I also don't think we have to worry much about that.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
9:39a, 4/22/24
In reply to bv86ag
bv86ag said:

This sounds remarkably like when most of TexAgs was swearing we'd be one of the last 4 in for the tourney and have to win our way into the full field.
greg.w.h
12:25p, 4/22/24
In reply to JDCAG (NOT Colin)
Winning the CWS can change that. But I'm okay if the elitist schools, ESPN, and the NCAA all despise us…we graduate people who get jobs and work hard…mostly…
wangus12
12:57p, 4/22/24
In reply to SquareOne07
SquareOne07 said:

All it takes is 1 loss for everyone to cower in fear
aginlakeway
1:01p, 4/22/24
In reply to wangus12
wangus12 said:

SquareOne07 said: