Who was Schloss talking about?
5,494 Views | 34 Replies
McInnis
10:06a, 4/30/24
In his interview with Brauny yesterday there was a fair bit of discussion about the cheating issue. Live video feeds into dugouts aren't allowed but an SEC team was busted for it (his words) and he mentioned that team was batting .206 on the road and .306 at home. He said he wouldn't mention names, anyone know?

Also said he had a call with the SEC office about the deal with the Georgia pitcher during the Sunday game. He's not acting indignant about it, I think he said it didn't rile him up. But said that they are discussing whether umpires will start checking pitcher's gloves after innings like they do in mlb.

He also said that there was some videoing going on in Olsen (I guess he meant by Georgia) and also said that he was convinced that Tanner was tipping his pitches from the stretch Saturday and said he had just figured it out betore the pitch that the Georgia catcher hit the grand slam off of but didn't have time to tell Tanner to go to the windup. He didn't say that the videos were used to figure out how Tanner was tipping but he talked about one right after the other.

Luke The Drifter
10:19a, 4/30/24
Those are actually bold statements and not just "coach speak." If Schloss is going to put that out there to the public, he must be very confident he does not live in a glass house. If he's wanting to stop teams from doctoring the ball or videoing things, he must be 100% certain we aren't also doing it. He seems to not only want other teams investigated, but also willing to have his own program put under the microscope.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
fightintxaggie10
10:23a, 4/30/24
In reply to Luke The Drifter
Luke The Drifter said:

Those are actually bold statements and not just "coach speak." If Schloss is going to put that out there to the public, he must be very confident he does not live in a glass house. If he's wanting to stop teams from doctoring the ball or videoing things, he must be 100% certain we aren't also doing it. He seems to not only want other teams investigated, but also willing to have his own program put under the microscope.

Calm down
Alex580
10:32a, 4/30/24
Who knows if the BA difference was just numbers schloss threw out or close to accurate but two teams that are close to the numbers and fit big home and away differences in BA look like Vandy and Arkansas. Who knows without an official report though.
Serious Lee
10:55a, 4/30/24
In reply to fightintxaggie10
well people still bring up the hendrix fiasco from 9 years ago. hope youre ready to start seeing that again.
Aggies2009
11:02a, 4/30/24
In reply to Alex580
Alex580 said:

Who knows if the BA difference was just numbers schloss threw out or close to accurate but two teams that are close to the numbers and fit big home and away differences in BA look like Vandy and Arkansas. Who knows without an official report though.

It was accurate. I believe those numbers were exactly what stats Vanderbilt had.

Vandy also had a pitcher ejected recently for foreign substance.
Aggies2009
11:03a, 4/30/24
In reply to Serious Lee
Serious Lee said:

well people still bring up the hendrix fiasco from 9 years ago. hope youre ready to start seeing that again.
The difference with the Hendrix fiasco is that Hendrix was checked and found innocent, making that a false accusation at best.
McInnis
11:08a, 4/30/24
The Hendrix thing was something I held against Schloss until he became our coach. At the time I felt he did it to get into Ryan's head and let his arm cool off.

Why not let the umps check gloves after every inning like they do in mlb? It really doesn't slow the game down.
Farmer1906
11:20a, 4/30/24
In reply to Aggies2009
Aggies2009 said:

Alex580 said:

It was accurate. I believe those numbers were exactly what stats Vanderbilt had.

IDK what the #s were before this weekend, but after it Arkansas, Vanderbilt, & Mississippi St were in the ballpark.

Home/Road BA (difference)
Arkansas - .299/.211 (.088)
Mississippi St - .310/.233 (.077)
Vanderbilt - .306/.233 (.073)
W
11:24a, 4/30/24
lucky for Georgia and this pitcher...

the dawgs play at Vanderbilt this weekend

I assume Corbin knows about glass houses and throwing rocks
HoustonAg2106
11:30a, 4/30/24
In reply to McInnis
McInnis said:

The Hendrix thing was something I held against Schloss until he became our coach. At the time I felt he did it to get into Ryan's head and let his arm cool off.

Why not let the umps check gloves after every inning like they do in mlb? It really doesn't slow the game down.

I think Schloss said he's talked to the SEC about doing those checks every inning and they are considering it
Serious Lee
12:04p, 4/30/24
In reply to Aggies2009
Aggies2009 said:

Serious Lee said:

The difference with the Hendrix fiasco is that Hendrix was checked and found innocent, making that a false accusation at best.
right, and i hope everyone is ready to see more of it. you aint unopening this can of worms just cause youre clean.
Aggies2009
12:17p, 4/30/24
In reply to Serious Lee
Serious Lee said:

Aggies2009 said:

Serious Lee said:

right, and i hope everyone is ready to see more of it. you aint unopening this can of worms just cause youre clean.

So? If Schloss is fine with our pitchers being checked, I am too. The cheaters are who should be worried.
jmfshr
12:24p, 4/30/24
McInnis
12:35p, 4/30/24
In reply to HoustonAg2106
HoustonAg2106 said:

McInnis said:

I think Schloss said he's talked to the SEC about doing those checks every inning and they are considering it
Yes, that was covered in the interview (and the OP).

If the umps start doing this, after one guy gets caught, it will stop. After Scherzer's suspension last year I don't think any other pitchers were busted.

My apologies to fans of Scherzer's team for bringing him up, I know how sensitive they are to cheating.
mwm
12:38p, 4/30/24
In reply to HoustonAg2106
Why after the inning? That would allow someone to get away with what they're doing after they've faced opposing batters?

Seems to me the ideal would be to check them before the pitcher goes to the bump and not after.

Just a thought...
trouble
12:39p, 4/30/24
In reply to mwm
I had the same thought
Farmer1906
12:56p, 4/30/24
In reply to mwm
mwm said:

Why after the inning? That would allow someone to get away with what they're doing after they've faced opposing batters?

Seems to me the ideal would be to check them before the pitcher goes to the bump and not after.

Just a thought...

Because they hadn't cheated yet?
Randy Rhodes
1:03p, 4/30/24
In reply to Serious Lee
Serious Lee said:

Dude Hendrix has been dead for 5 decades
Emilio Fantastico
1:18p, 4/30/24
In reply to Farmer1906
Farmer1906 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Alex580 said:

IDK what the #s were before this weekend, but after it Arkansas, Vanderbilt, & Mississippi St were in the ballpark.

Another thing about the numbers Schloss threw out is he didn't specify if it was for all games or just SEC games. And how would you figure in neutral site games?

We're your numbers for all games or SEC only?
Farmer1906
1:21p, 4/30/24
In reply to Emilio Fantastico
Emilio Fantastico said:

Farmer1906 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Alex580 said:

Another thing about the numbers Schloss threw out is he didn't specify if it was for all games or just SEC games. And how would you figure in neutral site games?

We're your numbers for all games or SEC only?
Full season per D1 Baseball.
cablinaggie
1:24p, 4/30/24
In reply to W
Actually I think Georgia is home vs Vandy this weekend.
Agdad081216
3:17p, 4/30/24
In reply to McInnis
What team is he on?
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
LB12Diamond
3:23p, 4/30/24
In reply to W
W said:

lucky for Georgia and this pitcher...

the dawgs play at Vanderbilt this weekend

I assume Corbin knows about glass houses and throwing rocks

I looked up Georgias schedule. They are home this weekend Vs Vandy.

At South Carolina
Home Florida

For their last three SEC series. I wished they were on the road this weekend.

McInnis
3:47p, 4/30/24
In reply to Agdad081216
Agdad081216 said:

What team is he on?
I don't want to name names, but his team plays in Texas. And it's not the Astros.
Bondag
3:58p, 4/30/24
The video thing he brought up is wanting ipads in dugouts, but to have ability to block outside sources. If a guy is tipping pitches and they catch it from dugout that is one thing, but if he is tipping and they catch it from the stands or home and relay to dugout that is different.

He said that he wanted Tanner in windup but didn't get the signal in time before the last HR. I think that is why he pulled Tanner in the 2nd.
Agdad081216
4:00p, 4/30/24
In reply to McInnis
Dang I'm an Astros fan I was hopeful he was on the Astros!! Awwww Shucks
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
94chem
4:05p, 4/30/24
In reply to McInnis
McInnis said:

Agdad081216 said:

What team is he on?
I don't want to name names, but his team plays in Texas. And it's not the Astros.

You sure you wanna beat the drum on that Scherzer incident?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
McInnis
4:40p, 4/30/24
What do you think I have to lose? That someone might point out that his team isn't the only one that has cheaters? I can deal with that.
milner79
5:43p, 4/30/24
In reply to Randy Rhodes
Randy Rhodes said:

Serious Lee said:

Dude Hendrix has been dead for 5 decades

You ever hear his version of Rattlin Bog?
BigHead 04
6:50p, 4/30/24
In reply to McInnis
McInnis said:

Agdad081216 said:

What team is he on?

I think the team your looking for is called SCOREBOARD.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LB12Diamond
7:46p, 4/30/24
Vandy only has 1 run tonight. Darn that missing feed.
SchizoAg
10:49p, 4/30/24
Sean98
11:58p, 4/30/24
In reply to mwm
mwm said:

Just a thought...
Because you wash your hands after the first inning, get checked before the 2nd - all clean, apply the good stuff from your glove/belt/hair on the mound, pitch the 2nd, go to the dugout and wash your hands, get checked before the 3rd - all clean...

See how that works? You never get caught.

You cannot wash sticky stuff off your hands between the mound and the dugout if the ump checks you on the way out.
RED AG 98
12:09a, 5/1/24
In reply to Bondag
I mean, that's only part of it. The big deal he just casually dropped, and has been discussed in this thread, was that someone was already busted for live video (ipad or otherwise) in the dugout, which is currently banned in NCAA.

Yes, it does seem he's an advocate for the delayed feed similar to what is done in the MLB. But if we can't afford PitchCom for offense this year there's no way we're anywhere close to this type of solution. This would have to be a conference wide or even NCAA decision, and with the vast majority of schools losing money and revenue sharing imminent, I don't see this coming any time soon.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings