What about Rattlin' Bog . . .
3,162 Views | 14 Replies
CCAD AG
4:49p, 5/1/24
during the Regional?

If I remember corrrectly, the NCAA doesn't allow the host team to enjoy their much deserved home field advantage by playing music at appropriate times like Rattlin' Bog. Will someone from 203 lead us or do we have to pull Schott and Lord Tubbington our of the dugout to orchestrate and keep us all in synch?

Enquiring minds want to know!
trouble
4:52p, 5/1/24
I believe those rules have changed
CCAD AG
4:59p, 5/1/24
Hope so. It annoyed me to no end when they put them in place. If they've been "rectified" (shoved up the NCAA's rect . . .) then I'll be looking forward to a Fighting Texas Aggie Regional and Super this year.
TexAg91
5:53p, 5/1/24
In reply to CCAD AG
What was the most annoying is that we followed the rules at Blue Bell and other teams did not in their venues--with no apparent repercussions.
RED AG 98
6:17p, 5/1/24
Yup, all good now. Not sure about all the other sounds and decorations and such. And yes, we've always very much gone out of the way to neuter the environment, much moreso than other locations...

Walk-up songs in NCAA tournament, new selection process headline changes for the 2024 DI baseball season | NCAA.com

• Walkup music of player's choosing is allowed
  • New rating system for quadrants to account for H/A/N
  • Hotel availability requirement and prohibition of dorms

• LB12Diamond
    6:39p, 5/1/24
    Nice

Schott leading the way keeping this team loose will pay big dividends the rest of the season!
    ensign_beedrill
    10:09a, 5/2/24
    In reply to trouble
    trouble said:

I believe those rules have changed
    I know they've OK'd using walkup songs. I don't know about other songs or things like Rifleman.

But I say we just go for it! Rattlin' Bog is NOT a school affiliated song. The worst that could happen is the DJ is told to stop by the NCAA representative.

I went to the 2018 Regional at t.u. and they played a lot of their own stuff. They also sold their own merchandise inside the stadium, which is not allowed. They were not shut down nor denied future Regionals.
    dermdoc
    10:13a, 5/2/24
    No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
    dermdoc
    10:17a, 5/2/24
    Just ordered this bad boy

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
    greg.w.h
    10:35a, 5/2/24
    Sell that one out Aggies!!!
    dBoy99
    10:49a, 5/2/24
    In reply to TexAg91
    TexAg91 said:

What was the most annoying is that we followed the rules at Blue Bell Olsen and other teams did not in their venues--with no apparent repercussions.
    FIFY
    Capitol Ag
    2:03p, 5/2/24
    In reply to dermdoc
    dermdoc said:

Just ordered this bad boy

YES!!!!!
    CapCityAg89
    6:47p, 5/2/24
    Ordered. May 6.
    Frisco
    7:44p, 5/2/24
    need in maroon!
    85AustinAg
    4:24p, 5/9/24
    got mine and wore it to Friday night UGA game!
    CLOSE
    Cancel
    Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
    Back
    Copy
    Page 1 of 1
    Verify your student status Register
    See Membership Benefits >
    CLOSE
    Night mode
    Off
    Auto-detect device settings