DBU pitcher?
3,895 Views | 26 Replies
Sean98
7:54a, 5/2/24
Full disclosure, just saw it on Insta. No idea if it's legit. But F me if I'm the batter and it is.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6Favz-OXec/?igsh=MTNwZnduenR4d3Nicg==
AgBQ-00
8:00a, 5/2/24
dude ready to go
AggieBand2004
8:00a, 5/2/24
So... he's Mark Fidrych having a bad day?
Dice
8:09a, 5/2/24
Al Hrabosky, "The Mad Hungarian" who pitched in the '70s had that intensity.
aeroag14
8:13a, 5/2/24
I always thought the crazy antics were part of why Nolan "Psycho" Hoffman was so good in 2018. The way he talked to himself, the dude legit looked like he had just broken out of an asylum and was throwing 90+ mph projectiles at your head. Would have scared the s**t out of me if I was in the batters box
BadMoonRisin
8:19a, 5/2/24
In reply to aeroag14
I was just about to post here about Hoffman. That guy was a blast to watch pitch! I couldnt remember his name so I had to look it up.
AgLA06
8:24a, 5/2/24
I saw some dumb stuff like that.

Hitting while laughing isn't easy.

In all honesty, if that isn't some dumb act, the kid needs professional help and his coaches are failing him.
Luke The Drifter
8:53a, 5/2/24
That's DBU's Friday starter. Dude is indeed…ummm…let's say "intense".
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Decay
9:08a, 5/2/24
They say he regularly goes 100 pitches... Lifespan shortening kinda work right there
trouble
9:28a, 5/2/24
In reply to aeroag14
LOVED HIM!!!!
Would be absolutely terrified to bat against him
RED AG 98
9:45a, 5/2/24
Almost unreal that this kid is a starter with that kind of demeanor. That isn't something you see everyday, or really ever for that matter. Looks like a max effort guy that would give you 20 pitches.
LB12Diamond
9:45a, 5/2/24
I will never forget this one. I was at the district championship track meet back in the day. Watching the various events. Went to the shot. There was a guy sitting in a lawn chair and flip flops, shades and big bushy hair. When it was his time to throw, he went through this whole routine. First started pawing his foot into the ground over and over. Then he started bellowing out sounds similar to a bucking bull going crazy. He did this for a while and then chunked that shot. I was just a fish in high school and had not seen anything like that one before in person. Quite entertaining.
Aggie Class of 2026
11:33a, 5/2/24
This is probably the best place to share this. When I was in HS I was a pitcher. We went to Caldwell for a tournament. I decided I would completely change my windup for the game and went full on Hideo Nomo. I had practiced it some off and on before hand.

I remember seeing kids latched on to the chain length watching me in shock. Between innings, I drank Imodium AD. I wasn't going to lose my opportunity to pitch. My teammates thought I was nuts.

That's all I got
RED AG 98
11:36a, 5/2/24
In reply to Aggie Class of 2026
Aggie Class of 2026 said:

Between innings, I drank Imodium AD.
what's the deal here?
BadMoonRisin
11:42a, 5/2/24
In reply to RED AG 98
RED AG 98 said:

Aggie Class of 2026 said:

Between innings, I drank Imodium AD.
what's the deal here?
Upset tum-tum. Got the nervies.
RED AG 98
11:48a, 5/2/24
In reply to BadMoonRisin
Ah ok. I thought you trying to say something else but what I wasn't sure.

That was only pregame for me. Once we started I was good to go.
Agthatbuilds
12:39p, 5/2/24
In reply to Sean98
Sean98 said:

Full disclosure, just saw it on Insta. No idea if it's legit. But F me if I'm the batter and it is.

https://instagr.am/p/C6Favz-OXec

Fify
bek.90
1:03p, 5/2/24
First off, I don't believe for a second that is real. It's an act, and he looks ridiculous. However, if I'm wrong, and it is real emotional intensity, he's gonna end up beating his wife and kids some day.
Ag for Life
1:08p, 5/2/24
This video should be in black & white. A throwback to the olden days
Luke The Drifter
1:14p, 5/2/24
Man…some of y'all are classically trained psychologists if you can accurately diagnose a guy based on a 10 second social media video. Bravo to you guys.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Serious Lee
1:55p, 5/2/24
first thing i thought of...

P.U.T.U
2:11p, 5/2/24
Nolan Ryan did say that being a little crazy was a good thing for a pitcher. As a pitcher, that seems to waste too much energy. As a hitter...I wouldn't care less. Seems like a waste to me but if he is doing well keep doing it
91AggieLawyer
4:33p, 5/2/24
In reply to AggieBand2004
AggieBand2004 said:

So... he's Mark Fidrych having a bad day?

Interesting comparison. I would label him a cross between Fidrych (without the vocals) and Hrabosky.
Know Your Enemy
4:40p, 5/2/24
In reply to Luke The Drifter
Luke The Drifter said:

Man…some of y'all are classically trained psychologists if you can accurately diagnose a guy based on a 10 second social media video. Bravo to you guys.

You must be new to the internet.
AgLA06
5:29p, 5/2/24
In reply to Know Your Enemy
Know Your Enemy said:

Luke The Drifter said:

You must be new to the internet.
People comment on person acting like an idiot in a video.

Man is shocked!
HoustonAg2106
9:06p, 5/2/24
In reply to Agthatbuilds
Agthatbuilds said:

Sean98 said:

https://instagr.am/p/C6Favz-OXec

Fify

you moran
10:14p, 5/2/24
Spaz! Spaz! Spaz!

Girl camper: "Your fly's undone." [Giggle].
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings