Piggy getting defensive
7,930 Views | 62 Replies
Gyles Marrett
9:38a, 5/3/24
https://www.bestofarkansassports.com/arkansas-baseball-broadcaster-texas-a-m-schlossnagle-totally-inappropriate/

This entire write up came off as a "It could us but if it is, it's not really a big deal"

...and love how they think it's a bigger offense for Schloss to talk about it and should be punished by the commish. As if it should have remained a secret with no repercussions being the right thing to do LOL
Hambone31
9:48a, 5/3/24
My thoughts are why complain about it if it wasn't you? And if it wasn't you, shouldn't you be on Schloss' side and be mad at the league for not ousting the actual team that got caught?
trouble
9:48a, 5/3/24
In reply to Gyles Marrett
I do love when they tell on themselves, though
Mark Fairchild
9:54a, 5/3/24
With the mood I am this morning, home electrical failure, was going to say something REALLY derogatory about Arkansas, but best just put it in my pocket and move along.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Gyles Marrett
9:54a, 5/3/24
In reply to Hambone31
Hambone31 said:

My thoughts are why complain about it if it wasn't you? And if it wasn't you, shouldn't you be on Schloss' side and be mad at the league for not ousting the actual team that got caught?
Exactly, being mad at who told on you is both telling and childish.

and my favorite part of the whole article was the explanation that it didn't match their numbers because they were actually hitting worse than .206 on the road LOL
jsmc71
10:05a, 5/3/24
In reply to Mark Fairchild
Mark Fairchild said:

With the mood I am this morning, home electrical failure, was going to say something REALLY derogatory about Arkansas, but best just put it in my pocket and move along.

Nothing to see here...
dermdoc
10:13a, 5/3/24
When pigs squeal, they are guilty.

This is fun.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Marksman
10:15a, 5/3/24
Can't wait to beat down Arky at Olsen
Aston 91
10:20a, 5/3/24
"If you look only at SEC games, which gives you a better comparison in terms of competition, Arkansas is hitting .260 at home and .211 on the road. That's a difference of just 49 points half that of Schlossnagle's example."

This quote from the article linked in the OP is pretty ridiculous. Just 49 points? That's still a helluva split for home and away against presumably equal competition.
Leto Agtreides II
10:20a, 5/3/24
Arkansas fans on the college baseball subreddit have been EXTREMELY defensive about this whole thing and are acting as if Schloss directly named them

Reno Hightower
10:22a, 5/3/24
Dang pig. Nobody likes a cheater and nobody likes a chicken **** and yall just couldn't help yourself, but to double down.
AgBQ-00
10:28a, 5/3/24
the (piggy) doth protest too much
greg.w.h
10:32a, 5/3/24
Sounds like Schloss was coy but correct.
dermdoc
10:33a, 5/3/24
The smeller's the feller
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NukeAg10
10:37a, 5/3/24
I'm glad we have them at home.
dermdoc
10:40a, 5/3/24
In reply to NukeAg10
NukeAg10 said:

Yep. It would be brutal. Always is but this would be epic.
Gyles Marrett
10:41a, 5/3/24
In reply to Aston 91
Aston 91 said:

"If you look only at SEC games, which gives you a better comparison in terms of competition, Arkansas is hitting .260 at home and .211 on the road. That's a difference of just 49 points half that of Schlossnagle's example."

This quote from the article linked in the OP is pretty ridiculous. Just 49 points? That's still a helluva split for home and away against presumably equal competition.
Very true. With batting average the difference in 49 points is the difference between a hall of fame career and pretty much an average hitter.
NukeAg10
10:45a, 5/3/24
In reply to dermdoc
dermdoc said:

NukeAg10 said:

A sweep would make this pretty epic.
Gyles Marrett
10:48a, 5/3/24
In reply to NukeAg10
NukeAg10 said:

dermdoc said:

NukeAg10 said:

I'll be more greedy, a sweep in which they hit exactly .206 for the series
dermdoc
10:52a, 5/3/24
Gyles Marrett said:

NukeAg10 said:

dermdoc said:

NukeAg10 said:

I like the way you think.

And for all the Ags so ecstatic about going to Fayetteville for fb, if you actually go be prepared. It is not a pleasant experience.
AgBQ-00
10:55a, 5/3/24
In reply to dermdoc
truth. Them cheering Johnny being hurt during the game up there should highlight that point.
Sq 17
10:55a, 5/3/24
Gyles Marrett said:

NukeAg10 said:

dermdoc said:

NukeAg10 said:

Obviously walks errors and pitching is important but if they hit 206 i like the Ags chances
Emilio Fantastico
10:58a, 5/3/24
In reply to Aston 91
Aston 91 said:

Just curious, but has anyone run our home/away batting average numbers? I don't think our numbers will be too unbalanced. It seems we have had our share of both meh and great hitting games both at home and on the road except for maybe at Bama where we hit pretty well in all three games.
Cen-Tex
11:19a, 5/3/24
Unfortunately Arky will always be our little brother
trouble
11:27a, 5/3/24
In reply to dermdoc
dermdoc said:

Gyles Marrett said:

NukeAg10 said:

dermdoc said:

NukeAg10 said:

I like the way you think.

And for all the Ags so ecstatic about going to Fayetteville for fb, if you actually go be prepared. It is not a pleasant experience.

I will never go back.

How in the hell is everything uphill there?
Johnsy3
11:27a, 5/3/24
In reply to Emilio Fantastico
I just looked through this pdf, but couldn't find it. I may have glossed over it. I do remember seeing a tweet and we batted about 30 points higher at home. I'll try and find it.
RED AG 98
11:43a, 5/3/24
In reply to Emilio Fantastico
Emilio Fantastico said:

Aston 91 said:

Just curious, but has anyone run our home/away batting average numbers? I don't think our numbers will be too unbalanced. It seems we have had our share of both meh and great hitting games both at home and on the road except for maybe at Bama where we hit pretty well in all three games.
I don't have easy access to League only data, but here is a breakdown of the public stuff from d1. I honestly don't think 49 points is a massive difference for home vs away as half of the league is above this threshold for the total year. I'm sure this looks a bit different if you were to filter for league only, but even MLB teams will sometimes have similar splits for H v A against similar levels of comp.

RED AG 98
11:47a, 5/3/24
In reply to Johnsy3
Johnsy3 said:

I just looked through this pdf, but couldn't find it. I may have glossed over it. I do remember seeing a tweet and we batted about 30 points higher at home. I'll try and find it.
0.039 for us. We are the 8th ranked team in H v A difference, and everyone above us is above the 0.049 number mentioned above. All are above 0.056 to be exact.
Leto Agtreides II
11:55a, 5/3/24
In reply to RED AG 98
Did you manually put this together using their stats or did you find this table on their website? I haven't been able to anything like this on their site
RED AG 98
12:18p, 5/3/24
In reply to Leto Agtreides II
I manually built a spreadsheet from the publicly available stats on d1baseball.
trouble
12:38p, 5/3/24
In reply to RED AG 98
Nerd
RED AG 98
12:42p, 5/3/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

Nerd
Nicest thing you've ever said to me.
trouble
12:50p, 5/3/24
In reply to RED AG 98
Just be glad I'm nicer to you than I am to Sean
Aston 91
12:50p, 5/3/24
In reply to RED AG 98
RED AG 98 said:

Johnsy3 said:

0.039 for us. We are the 8th ranked team in H v A difference, and everyone above us is above the 0.049 number mentioned above. All are above 0.056 to be exact.
Those numbers are surprising to me. Just for grins I checked the Rangers and Astros stats for last year (just b/c MLB numbers are much easier to get). The Rangers batted .022 better at home, which is about what I'd expect. The Astros had a really weird season with home/road splits last year and actually batted .019 worse at home.
Maybe the crappier travel conditions or lack of experience make it harder for college players to adjust on the road, and the .049 split for the Piggies isn't all that significant? But regardless, I hope we beat the crap out of them.
Gyles Marrett
12:51p, 5/3/24
In reply to RED AG 98
RED AG 98 said:

I manually built a spreadsheet from the publicly available stats on d1baseball.
"Not going to get to that report today boss, need to run the Home vs. Away SEC Baseball batting averages, check back with me on Monday"
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings