Do they still do SBISA yell?
1,502 Views | 19 Replies
ChargerAg
3:00p, 4/5/04
do they?
The Chicken Ranch
3:03p, 4/5/04
I think so, but I think they get in trouble with Sexual Harrassment if they do their grode yells.

(Does this apply to DG? Hmmmm)

The Second Amendment is in place in case they decided to ignore the other ones.
Mexirab 00
3:28p, 4/5/04
I thought it was banned after the 'riot' of 1999. Or maybe it was 1998, either way, a flower pot was broken outside of Sibisa, and the batt called it a riot. Stupid batt.
ChargerAg
8:25p, 4/5/04
is it really gone?
rachag03
8:28p, 4/5/04
We still did it in 99
YellAgs
8:37p, 4/5/04
someone tell us younger ags what it is so that we may repeat it and continue the tradition!
commando2004
8:38p, 4/5/04
AFAIK, there hasn't been a Sbisa Yell since the renovation.
ChargerAg
9:07p, 4/5/04
why has there not been one?
commando2004
3:28a, 4/6/04
quote:
why has there not been one?

Since 2002, there's been a crackdown on "undesirable" Sbisa traditions. (Remember that time Food Services brought in the cops to prevent a Sbisa Ball fight?)

But that doesn't explain 2001 (when it was still common practice to do pushups on the tables).

[This message has been edited by leknerd2004 (edited 4/6/2004 2:41a).]
denied
3:35a, 4/6/04
Aren't all Sbisa traditions unwanted? From the stories I have heard, unfortunately I have never seen anything, the Man would not like Sbisa of old.
commando2004
3:43a, 4/6/04
With the possible exception of "Pick it up!", yes.
MosesHallRAB
5:11a, 4/6/04
During the Fall semester on fridays after dorm dinner Moses, Walton, and Hotard would get out on the steps of Sbisa and do a few yells, everyone would do their grode yell and then throw the crew chiefs into fish pond. We didn't have any problem or complaints last semester mainly cuz the sbisa manager never cared. But he quit this semester so I dunno what will happen next year.
MosesHallRAB
5:12a, 4/6/04
and by yells i dont mean Gig Em or Farmers Fight. Im talkin bout Beers Left, Nothside, Heathens, and a few others that i cant think of right now.
The Chicken Ranch
9:40a, 4/6/04
The fact that "the university" has outlawed grode yells, dorm rivalries, and Sbisa Yell is a prime example of how A&M has become a wussiefied environment. Kudos to the 12th Man because when I talk to the students, I can see the fire and eagerness in their hearts to learn from former students, and emulate our traditions that died when Bonfire fell.

I wholeheartedly believe that A&M is trying hard to "purge" out the old culture and replace it with a new, pc, and sensitive mentality that will destroy TAMU as we know it. It is OUR job as former students to prevent this from happening. I have met and visited with some of the "Bonfire Crew" from my old dorm, and it is amazing how little they know. They don't even know the old grode yells.

I can honestly say that if I were a senior in high school right now, I probably wouldn't go to A&M if I were unbiased and a first generationer, simply because A&M is not what it once was.

So, if my theory is correct, is it any wonder that our athletic woes exist?

The Second Amendment is in place in case they decided to ignore the other ones.
ColoAg95
10:17a, 5/3/24
We still yell "whoop! pick it up!" and my house. My kids have never been to Sbisa. Is it really gone? If so that's lame.
txags92
11:15p, 5/3/24
In reply to MosesHallRAB
MosesHallRAB said:

During the Fall semester on fridays after dorm dinner Moses, Walton, and Hotard would get out on the steps of Sbisa and do a few yells, everyone would do their grode yell and then throw the crew chiefs into fish pond. We didn't have any problem or complaints last semester mainly cuz the sbisa manager never cared. But he quit this semester so I dunno what will happen next year.
Do they still do Viking nights each semester?
Jugstore Cowboy
12:57a, 5/4/24
PICK IT UP!!!
PuryearAg98
1:25a, 5/4/24
ICE CREAM!!!
BonfireNerd04
7:21p, 5/5/24
In reply to ColoAg95
ColoAg95 said:

We still yell "whoop! pick it up!" and my house. My kids have never been to Sbisa. Is it really gone? If so that's lame.
Sbisa had a renovation about a decade ago that broke up the dining area and got rid of the long tables where an entire dorm group could sit. Not being a current student, I don't know how that's affected Sbisa dinner culture.
philevans
3:55p, 5/6/24
loved sbisa, potatoes twice a day.
corps food fights.
wonderful smell then saw fried liver, went across street for hamburger.
wildlife collections, 3' gar too big, put in presidents pool, lasted 3 days.
Walton hall 4 years.
TXlic GIGM61
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode