Home Depot
3,829 Views | 47 Replies
Aggie Therapist
2:04p, 5/5/24
You ever notice how employees here just walk around aimlessly and no one is actually of help.

There's like one person here, trying to buy three major appliances too.

F this place (end of rant…..for now)
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
2:23p, 5/5/24
The one in New braunfels is hilariously bad. They do not answer the phone seemingly as sop. One time I just let it ring for 10 minutes and the guy who answered was mad at me for not giving up. Hate that place. Lowe's is slightly better, but not much.
nbbob
3:30p, 5/5/24
In reply to Ragnar Danneskjoldd
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

The one in New braunfels is hilariously bad. They do not answer the phone seemingly as sop. One time I just let it ring for 10 minutes and the guy who answered was mad at me for not giving up. Hate that place. Lowe's is slightly better, but not much.

Agree the one here in New Braunfels has terrible service. Was there last year to buy a washer/dryer and refrigerator for my daughter's new place. Were completely ignored even though we flagged 2 employees down as they were either "in the middle of something" or "would be right back."
RAB87
3:33p, 5/5/24
Lowe's is just as bad. The only redeeming value with Home Depot is that they will take anything back at any time and, even if you don't have proof of purchase, they'll still give a store credit.
Aggie Therapist
3:35p, 5/5/24
In reply to nbbob
nbbob said:

Agree the one here in New Braunfels has terrible service. Was there last year to buy a washer/dryer and refrigerator for my daughter's new place. Were completely ignored even though we flagged 2 employees down as they were either "in the middle of something" or "would be right back."
Yeah, I feel like Lowes is slightly better.

I tried to utilize their military discount they offer but they don't accept military IDs. LMAO

You have to get registered online.
ATX_AG_08
5:04p, 5/5/24
I would never go to Home Depot to "shop" for a major appliance. Research what you want online, read reviews, then find who has it in stock and go pick it up.
Ryan the Temp
5:12p, 5/5/24
I have, on numerous occasions, called the store from inside the store just to ask them to find an employee who can assist me. Typically it's just to get some stock down from the top of the racks because I often know more than their employees do.

Ryan the Temp
5:13p, 5/5/24
In reply to ATX_AG_08
ATX_AG_08 said:

I would never go to Home Depot to "shop" for a major appliance. Research what you want online, read reviews, then find who has it in stock and go pick it up.
Then order it from Lowe's where I get my 10% military discount.
Lex
5:15p, 5/5/24
My loyalty is to Lowe's. Best friend worked there in HS. She didn't know **** about diddly. But she tried hard.
Aggie Therapist
5:16p, 5/5/24
In reply to ATX_AG_08
ATX_AG_08 said:

I want to see what it looks like and get hands on the product.

Hell, sear a steak and bake a cake to test it out.

Jk, I get what you are saying.
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
malenurse
5:45p, 5/5/24
90% of my hardware shopping is done at my local ACE Hardware. I will be asked multiple times if I need help finding anything.

Every month I get my rewards coupons, usually two $10 coupons and one $20 coupon which makes almost everything I buy cheaper than HD or Lowes.

Employees are friendly and most know me by name.
V8Aggie
6:42p, 5/5/24
In reply to malenurse
malenurse said:

90% of my hardware shopping is done at my local ACE Hardware. I will be asked multiple times if I need help finding anything.

Every month I get my rewards coupons, usually two $10 coupons and one $20 coupon which makes almost everything I buy cheaper than HD or Lowes.

Would love an ace close by
Teslag
6:59p, 5/5/24
In reply to Aggie Therapist
Aggie Therapist said:

nbbob said:

Yeah, I feel like Lowes is slightly better.

I tried to utilize their military discount they offer but they don't accept military IDs. LMAO

You have to get registered online.

Dude what are you doing? You're in the Army. AAFES.has a partnership with Home Depot now.

Go to shopmyexchange.com and there's a portal on there now for appliances that lets you shop Home Depot's inventory, at AAFES pricing, and you get free delivery and no sales tax.
Teslag
7:01p, 5/5/24
In reply to Ryan the Temp
Ryan the Temp said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

Then order it from Lowe's where I get my 10% military discount.

Lowe's no longer offers military discount on appliances.
scd88
9:26p, 5/5/24
In reply to malenurse
malenurse said:

Same here. I go to Ace first as it's a locally owned franchise here in CS. It's busy; they can run out of stock on some seemingly popular items but always give them the first shot. Then I begrudgingly go to Home Depot if I don't find what I need.
AggieArchitect04
12:15a, 5/6/24
Didn't someone post on TexAgs their story of how they made it to the Home Depot bathroom just in time to completely obliterate a toilet stall?

Maybe if y'all controlled your bowels the employees would help you.
tmaggies
2:32a, 5/6/24
My last straw was when they turned everything into self checkout
The Fife
6:20a, 5/6/24
McCoy's or GTFO
B-1 83
6:42a, 5/6/24
In reply to ATX_AG_08
ATX_AG_08 said:

Haven't bought an appliance lately, have you?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
FIDO*98*
7:21a, 5/6/24
We've had the best luck buying major appliances from Best Buy
Aggie Therapist
7:28a, 5/6/24
So my wife went back to pick up the third toilet, we could only fit two in the back, and the employees said "the lot loader is on break".

Apparently, they offered no help to my pregnant wife, nearing the end of her 2nd trimester, and just stood there and watched her load the toilet in the back of her vehicle. Another customer helped her finish putting the toilet in the back.

You got to be kidding me.
Teslag
7:36a, 5/6/24
In reply to Aggie Therapist
https://corporate.homedepot.com/news/partnerships/home-depot-partners-army-air-force-exchange-service-offer-tax-free-major

Were you able to try that out?
StinkyPinky
8:40a, 5/6/24
They all suck now. 5 years Home Depot the people walking around used to be extremely helpful and approaching random people to see if they need help. And they knew what the hell they were talking about. Now they walk around in a hurry and avoid eye contact, and when you do manage to get one's attention they ultimately look dumb founded and have to call someone. I agree Ace is better, only down side is (at east in my part of the country) they are considerable more expensive.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
8:50a, 5/6/24
seems like such easy things to fix. I guess they just dont care about regular customers as most of their business is probably done with professionals?
maroon barchetta
8:54a, 5/6/24
When I was involved in Scouting, Lowe's always let us set up to sell candy bars or whatever outside.

Home Depot corporate would not allow it.

Plus they are orange.

That said, I go to Ace when possible.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
8:55a, 5/6/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta said:

When I was involved in Scouting, Lowe's always let us set up to sell candy bars or whatever outside.

Plus they are orange.

this makes me want to go to home depot now.
Gunny456
8:55a, 5/6/24
Our Home Depot in Mountain Home Ark. is great. Very knowledgeable people in all departments and ready and willing to help. Some of the most friendly people I have ever dealt with.
The Lowe's across the street is the same.
When in Texas we dealt with the Home Depot in Kerrville and they were good folks as well.
Our Ace Hardware in the Ozarks is a good store but their prices are very high on all items compared to HD or L.
boy09
10:02a, 5/6/24
In reply to Ryan the Temp
Ryan the Temp said:

I like Home Depot because all the employees leave me alone.

But seriously, i've always had good luck at my local HD and Lowe's.
Sea Speed
10:07a, 5/6/24
I've never experienced the issues any of yall are talking about at my local HD over the last several years. I've had quite the opposite experience actually.
Beckdiesel03
10:58a, 5/6/24
In reply to Ragnar Danneskjoldd
Not only does the service suck at the New Braunfels HD, they cant keep anything stocked. I routinely have to order stuff for work and go pick it up at the Seguin location. After going up and down aisles for 10-15 minutes looking for help a few weeks ago, we found a plumber that ended up showing us what to grab. SMH
Aggie Therapist
11:06a, 5/6/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta said:

Plus they are orange.

I in scouts right now this my kids. Lowes and Bass Pro Shops are great store-fronts.

Popcorn is $15 to $30 now for a bag of popcorn.....so dumb
Aggie Therapist
11:07a, 5/6/24
In reply to Teslag
Teslag said:

https://corporate.homedepot.com/news/partnerships/home-depot-partners-army-air-force-exchange-service-offer-tax-free-major

Were you able to try that out?
We purchased everything before you responded.

But moving forward and furnishing this new house, I will be doing this!

I live an hour from THE GREAT PLACE so thats an option too
NoahAg
11:09a, 5/6/24
In reply to tmaggies
tmaggies said:

My last straw was when they turned everything into self checkout
The best thing that happened to my Lowe's was when they turned everything into self checkout. So much easier now. Before, they would only have 1 out of 10 registers open on a given day.

The key to both Lowe's and HD is tracking down the oldest, grizzled looking guy that works there. Preferably a retiree who's just working to stay busy. They're the ones who know stuff.

But Ace does have the highest % of helpful employees.
NoahAg
11:10a, 5/6/24
Also, I thought this thread was gonna be about the proliferation of idiots who bring their fur babies to HD/Lowe's.
agnerd
11:16a, 5/6/24
Last time I went to home depot, guy in the plumbing aisle said I look like I know what I'm doing and asked ME a question about a fitting. On the bright side, at least I didn't get solicited in the parking lot for electrical work on this trip. I probably need to dress a little LESS like a slob next time I go there.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings