High School Prom
4,766 Views | 73 Replies
Philo B 93
4:27a, 5/8/24
Prom Season is upon us once again. Let's hear some Prom stories. Did you actually go and have fun?

My recollection is that prom brings stress and anxiety as one of the first young adult milestones. The expectations are sky high, the preparations are wedding-like, and the reality is that a bunch of kids go to the biggest high school event of the year for about 30 minutes between an expensive dinner and an underwhelming after party. And that's coming from someone who enjoyed his 80s-era prom.
Jack Cheese
6:04a, 5/8/24
80s era prom here, as well. I think I enjoyed it. My girlfriend's very cool dad let me drive his Jag which was awesome. I remember dinner, then a bunch of us spending the night at my girlfriend's house afterwards, but absolutely no memory of the dance itself. We were tame kids - no alcohol or sex romps.

Nowadays it is the exception to take a date. Kind of sad. My boys each took dates, but my daughter went with a group of her friends in the middle of covid.
The Fife
6:27a, 5/8/24
Mid-late '90s, but it wasn't a huge deal in the one HS town where I lived. We had dinner in New Braunfels at somewhere decent and I got to use my dad's car instead of the late '70s POS that I normally drove. Not a lot of dancing but there were ducks at the park to throw stuff to.

7/10, overall good experience.
saw em off
8:04a, 5/8/24
Late 80s prom for me. True story, got to prom late because I was busy becoming a man for the first time!
Lex
8:26a, 5/8/24
The year was 2010. I got the cutest dress that I was obsessed with. The most stressful part was my boyfriend. We had fun it was a good night. Then the next weekend went to his prom in my alternate prom dress. They were both fun and I had a great time.

*Also we know you all have pictures. This is definitely a topic that needs to have a fit check.*
IIIHorn
8:51a, 5/8/24

Promiscuity

StockHorseAg
8:52a, 5/8/24
I never went to my Highschool proms because there weren't any girls worth taking and the proms always seemed lame.
I did go to Highschool Rodeo Prom and AQHyA Prom's those were a good time because it wasn't affiliated with the school and the chaperones were just in the corner at a table drinking.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
8:55a, 5/8/24
galveston beach house parties
Know Your Enemy
9:15a, 5/8/24
wbt's favorite time of year. Only thing he likes more than HS marching bands is underage girls.
Philo B 93
9:52a, 5/8/24
In reply to Lex
Thank you Lex for taking this thread to the next level. Great picture.
Lex
9:54a, 5/8/24
In reply to Philo B 93
Thank you. That dress is so fantastic. The black and white does the teal and chocolate no justice.
IIIHorn
10:03a, 5/8/24

Sorry, Lex.

My previous post was not directed at you.

Lex
10:04a, 5/8/24
In reply to IIIHorn
I didn't think it was. I assumed that was your take on your prom.
IIIHorn
10:13a, 5/8/24
In reply to Lex

It was just another poor attempt of nausea inflicting word abuse.

Lex
10:15a, 5/8/24
In reply to IIIHorn
I'm just here to have fun.
IIIHorn
10:17a, 5/8/24
In reply to Lex

You certainly have a low threshold for entertainment.

Lex
10:18a, 5/8/24
In reply to IIIHorn
Alas I do. I just enjoy this group of weirdos.
The Chicken Ranch
11:58a, 5/8/24
In reply to Lex
Lex, will you go to the prom with me?
Lex
12:18p, 5/8/24
In reply to The Chicken Ranch
Happily!
maroon barchetta
12:33p, 5/8/24
In reply to Know Your Enemy
Know Your Enemy said:

wbt's favorite time of year. Only thing he likes more than HS marching bands is underage girls.

What if the bands include girls? I'm guessing he likes those.
maroon barchetta
12:34p, 5/8/24
In reply to saw em off
saw em off said:

Late 80s prom for me. True story, got to prom late because I was busy becoming a man for the first time!

How many times did you need to become a man?
Sea Speed
12:35p, 5/8/24
Prom in uganda. These kids parents are definitely not involved in shady business dealings or government corruption. Definitely not.

Cromagnum
12:59p, 5/8/24
In reply to Sea Speed
Sea Speed said:

Prom in uganda. These kids parents are definitely not involved in shady business dealings or government corruption. Definitely not.

The Chicken Ranch
1:19p, 5/8/24
In reply to Lex
Lex said:

Happily!

I had a big ol' blonde mullet in high school.
Lex
1:25p, 5/8/24
The Chicken Ranch said:

Lex said:

Happily!

I had a big ol' blonde mullet in high school.

Don't even play with me. I'm obsessed with the mullets. I woulda been all about it. RyDawg has a beautiful chocolate curly mullet. All his little girlfriends love it.
The Kraken
1:35p, 5/8/24
I was elected Prom King. Thing is...I wasn't the typical popular, athletic type that usually wins these things. I was a quiet, shy, tall but skinny band geek. When it came time for nominations, some guys in the band decided they were tired of the same guys getting nominated for class favorite, Homecoming King, etc. Somehow my name was agreed upon and spread like wildfire though the band, choir, NHS crowd and beyond. Only the jocks and "socias" frowned on it.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
superunknown
2:50p, 5/8/24
Junior year didn't go bc I was grounded (speeding in a school zone and I saw the cop swerve in between school buses to catch up to me. Glad public safety was paramount there. Fascist pig) and senior year couldn't find a date so just wound up at the sketchy motel a town over for the after party with the other delinquents.
Lex
3:19p, 5/8/24
I'm going to need y'all to whip out the shoe box of days past and find me some pics so I can see who was bangable. I need to know who I woulda been caught on a backroad with after prom.
maroon barchetta
3:37p, 5/8/24
In reply to Lex
Lex said:

I'm going to need y'all to whip out the shoe box of days past and find me some pics so I can see who was bangable. I need to know who I woulda been caught on a backroad with after prom.

I don't think so.
The Chicken Ranch
3:52p, 5/8/24
In reply to Lex
Lex said:

I guess I'm gonna have to buy some stars.
Lex
3:52p, 5/8/24
Do it
Lex
3:59p, 5/8/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
Did you wear a Texas flag vest or something?
maroon barchetta
5:31p, 5/8/24
In reply to Lex
No vest. Tie and cummerbund.
Duckhook
5:53p, 5/8/24
Waay back in the 70's for me. There's a picture somewhere in my house of me in the tux with the ruffled blue shirt. Something like this I'm sure. I was stylin'!

[url=https://ibb.co/1ZkqBcj]
[/url]
Lex
5:54p, 5/8/24
In reply to Duckhook
How cute! How fashionable!
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 3