6:33p, 11/30/23
Dear God...

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12037194/
May 24, 2024
Theatrical Exclusive

maca1028
7:08p, 11/30/23
Can't wait. Fury Road was a blast to watch.
Project Gemini
8:33p, 11/30/23
TAKE MY MONEY, OVER AND OVER AND OVER

There is no way this can match the epic masterpiece quality of Fury Road, but I am absolutely in on day one.
jamesagg
8:48p, 11/30/23
I need this now. I also think Hemsworth is going to shine in this role.
maroon barchetta
8:54p, 11/30/23
Furiosa - best Hogwarts spell?
JustinAg97
9:03p, 11/30/23
Woah dude
BassCowboy33
9:26p, 11/30/23
Hopefully, the final CGI is better than that. Looked like a made for TV movie. Has definite potential if Joy can pull off the physical aspect of the gig.
p-townag
9:27p, 11/30/23
Yeah that CGI was off putting. Fury Road looked way better.
TCTTS
9:42p, 11/30/23
The cinematography/CGI looks identical to Fury Road to me. Y'all need to go back and watch it. They're both green-screened to hell, but the action is so damn good - and as practical as can be - that I could not care less.
fig96
10:52p, 11/30/23
In reply to TCTTS
Yeah, the oversaturation and weird speed ramps are very intentional choices carried over from Fury Road, love em or hate em.

And I'm not entirely sure what I just watched but am 100% in. This looks like a freakin' blast.
BassCowboy33
11:30p, 11/30/23
There's a threefold issue with the CGI:

1) This more than likely isn't the final CGI. Trailers are often released without the full digital effects in place.

2) The Avatar Effect. Cameron's CGI is so good that it raises the bar each time.

3) 29.97 tends show digital effects more prominently than 24fps, which is what most non-Cameron films are shot in.
PatAg
12:18a, 12/1/23
In reply to TCTTS
TCTTS said:

The cinematography/CGI looks identical to Fury Road to me. Y'all need to go back and watch it. They're both green-screened to hell, but the action is so damn good - and as practical as can be - that I could not care less.
VERY stylized
StinkyPinky
12:19a, 12/1/23
A definite theater watch. Hell yea!
TCTTS
3:49a, 12/1/23

rhutton125
7:04a, 12/1/23
Does the subtitle bother anyone else? I know it's nitpicky but it feels wrong to me haha
jeffk
7:18a, 12/1/23
Is this a one-off or will it be a multi-film series?
TCTTS
7:22a, 12/1/23
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

It's set 15 years before Fury Road. Miller could of course make another one, further bridging the gap, but no plans to do so have been announced.
TCTTS
7:30a, 12/1/23
In reply to rhutton125
rhutton125 said:

Does the subtitle bother anyone else? I know it's nitpicky but it feels wrong to me haha

The studio/marketing almost assuredly requires mention of the "Mad Max" name, for dumb-dumb brand awareness. And I get how Mad Max: Furiosa would have better-matched Mad Max: Fury Road, but seeing as there's no Mad Max character in/leading this entry, technically it's not a "Mad Max:" movie, hence "A Mad Max Saga" makes slightly more sense. I don't love it, but I don't really mind it either.
BassCowboy33
7:35a, 12/1/23
In reply to TCTTS
TCTTS said:

Yep. Reminds me of this trailer.
purplehayes
7:36a, 12/1/23
I'm in!
jeffk
7:37a, 12/1/23
In reply to TCTTS
TCTTS said:

jeffk said:

It's set 15 years before Fury Road. Miller could of course make another one, further bridging the gap, but no plans to do so have been announced.

Thanks - I knew about the tie-in to FR, just wondering if this was the start of a longer series of new films.
p-townag
7:59a, 12/1/23
I still think the movie is going to rock, but there's definitely a difference. Doesn't mean I won't see it, just hoping it gets polished up by the time it's released.
Garrelli 5000
8:15a, 12/1/23
I watched the trailer on my ipad last night and agree that the cgi/green screen was noticeable. It felt the way that it often is obvious watching a movie that is 10 years old, but you didn't notice it when it first came out.

That said - I didn't know it is commone for initial trailers to have rough effects that are typically smoothed over significantly before it hits the theaters.

I'm looking forward to this movie as well.
Take the trash out staff.
TCTTS
8:35a, 12/1/23
There are so many shots from Fury Road, like the one below, where it's so clearly green screen/kind of sh*tty effects. Also, they shot Furiosa on location as well, in an "actual bare arid desert" just the same. Fury Road shot in Namibia, Furiosa shot in rural New South Wales. I'm a huge stickler for crappy CGI/bad cinematography, and these two movies so far look exactly the same to me. Same type of over-saturated, real-world desert environments, same type of green screen effects. And again, none of it matters to me one bit because of how otherwise incredible these movies are.

Moral High Horse
8:55a, 12/1/23
No doof warrior, not watching
MW03
9:54a, 12/1/23
Fury Road gave me guitar guy, and some absolutely horribly forced 3D effects.

For that, I will be forever grateful.
rhutton125
12:35p, 12/1/23
In reply to TCTTS
I think it's the use of Saga that throws me. Like it's part of the Mad Max Saga but calling it A Saga is weird hahah.

I'm sure it's all grammatically correct but it's weird. It's like Ant-Man 2: an Infinity Saga.
YouBet
1:42p, 12/1/23
How much time has passed between last Mad Max film and this one?
Max Power
2:46p, 12/1/23
I don't know that it's real fair to compare this trailer to the finished product of Fury Road, which is one of my favorite films of the last 20 years. I think it's way more appropriate to compare it to a trailer that does the opposite of drawing up excitement for an upcoming film. I feel like everyone complaining about this trailer needs to do themselves a favor and rewatch the Madame Web trailer, it'll probably change your mind because this looks like fun to me.
p_bubel
11:13p, 12/1/23
Meh. Maybe it'll be interesting, I dunno. Got zero out of that trailer. Is this part of the story people actually care about?
Proposition Joe
8:24a, 12/2/23
There's parts of the story people care about? It's not like there was a whole heck of lot of character development in Fury Road.

And who really needs it? It's a feast for the eyes.
MSFC Aggie
11:05a, 12/2/23
Would like to see something with Nux. Thought he was the second best character from FR, after Furiosa.
Danger Mouse
12:00p, 12/2/23
Cannot wait.
Class of '91 (MEEN)
FL_Ag1998
4:04p, 12/2/23
In reply to Proposition Joe
Proposition Joe said:

There's parts of the story people care about? It's not like there was a whole heck of lot of character development in Fury Road.

And who really needs it? It's a feast for the eyes.

I've loved the Mad Max universe since I first saw it as a kid. And in the case of this universe I've never cared about character motivations, etc. I mean, in Mad Max we saw his life before he became the Road Warrior. That's enough. We don't know why he keeps going instead of just offing himself and putting himself out of the misery of this sad world. But we don't need to know why. That's not the point.

Max himself is simply a vehicle to showcase an insane post-apocalyptic world ruled by freaks and badass car chases. And if we can breathe a little fresh life into the franchise by using Furiosa as that window to this world then fine by me. If this comes off as well as I hope then we'll have not just one but two badasses to root for as they fight mutant-like freaks on tricked out motorcycles.

You're right, these movies are a feast for the eyes and imagination.
GoAgs92
7:38p, 12/2/23
Fury Road was entertaining but possibly the dumbest movie ever nominated as best picture in the last 20 years.

The second and first half's are essentially the same.

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 5
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings