*** DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE ***
1,596 Views | 20 Replies
TCTTS
2:54a, 5/6/24
Per a request from the Marvel thread, time to give this movie its own thread...

Deadpool & Wolverine
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6263850/
July 26, 2024
Theatrical Exclusive

TCTTS
2:55a, 5/6/24
TCTTS
3:01a, 5/6/24
In reply to TCTTS
I realize the joke wouldn't land as well, but it's interesting that Deadpool refers to him as "Paul Rudd" and not "Scott Lang." And yes, I also realize Deadpool mentions "Kevin Feige." I'm just curious what both mentions indicate, if anything, re: how far down the multiversal rabbit hole Deadpool goes. Seeing as those mentions feel a layer deeper than he's gone before, in terms knowing/winking references.
Jason Ag
6:44a, 5/6/24
In reply to TCTTS
I assumed it was a joke similar to the Professor X McaVoy or Stewart joke in DP1. Who knows though.
jeffk
7:02a, 5/6/24
In reply to TCTTS
Yet to be seen if those jokes make it into the theatrical film too.
Decay
2:13p, 5/6/24
He's not making jokes in relation to the multiverse. He's Zach Morris breaking the fourth wall.
Another Doug
2:24p, 5/6/24
In reply to TCTTS
TCTTS said:

I realize the joke wouldn't land as well, but it's interesting that Deadpool refers to him as "Paul Rudd" and not "Scott Lang." And yes, I also realize Deadpool mentions "Kevin Feige." I'm just curious what both mentions indicate, if anything, re: how far down the multiversal rabbit hole Deadpool goes. Seeing as those mentions feel a layer deeper than he's gone before, in terms knowing/winking references.

I don't think you need to read that much into it, it's just breaking the 4th wall for comedy's sake.
TCTTS
5:10p, 5/6/24
I've only seen the first two movies once each. And yes, Deadpool obviously breaks the fourth wall the time, I just don't remember him ever breaking it to the point of acknowledging the actors/string pullers in *our* world - to other characters in his world - if that makes sense. Then again, I'm sure I'm not recalling certain incidents. I just found it curious, that's all.
jokershady
5:13p, 5/6/24
In reply to TCTTS
TCTTS said:

I've only seen the first two movies once each. And yes, Deadpool obviously breaks the fourth wall the time, I just don't remember him ever breaking it to the point of acknowledging the actors/string pullers in *our* world - to other characters in his world - if that makes sense. Then again, I'm sure I'm not recalling certain incidents. I just found it curious, that's all.
in the first Deadpool there's a scene where the big metal dude says, "Let's take him to Professor Xavier"

And he comes back with, "Is that Stewart or McCovoy?"

I don't think he does specific things like that many times but there's been a few I'm sure.
The Porkchop Express
5:17p, 5/6/24
I look forward to the 50 billion Twitter movie reviewers who use the word "meta" in the first Graf of their forthcoming reviews of this film
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
TCTTS
5:35p, 5/6/24
In reply to jokershady
Good to know, thanks.
Brian Earl Spilner
5:37p, 5/6/24
In reply to TCTTS
TCTTS said:

But the whole point of the joke is that Paul Rudd doesn't age...
Brian Earl Spilner
5:39p, 5/6/24
In reply to TCTTS
TCTTS said:

He mentions Ryan Reynolds, Green Lantern, and murders his previous incarnation of Deadpool from X-Men Origins.
TCTTS
5:39p, 5/6/24
In reply to Brian Earl Spilner
Can you read?

That's why I literally said "I realize the joke wouldn't land as well..."
Brian Earl Spilner
5:40p, 5/6/24
In reply to TCTTS
The joke wouldn't land, period.

Seems you're confused on what fourth wall breaks are.
TCTTS
5:47p, 5/6/24
In reply to Brian Earl Spilner
I know what fourth wall breaks are.

Again, I was talking about breaking the fourth wall TO other characters (and not just the audience) to acknowledge people in "our" world.

Deadpool of course talks to US, the audience, all the time. I just didn't remember him breaking the fourth wall in a way that other character could hear him as well.

It was a simple question/observation.

No need for weird/nitpicky gotcha attempts.
MooreTrucker
6:04p, 5/6/24
The pizza in the early scene of Deadpool is from Fiege Pizza.
zip90
6:43p, 5/6/24
In reply to TCTTS
TCTTS said:

I know what fourth wall breaks are.

Again, I was talking about breaking the fourth wall TO other characters (and not just the audience) to acknowledge people in "our" world.

Deadpool of course talks to US, the audience, all the time. I just didn't remember him breaking the fourth wall in a way that other character could hear him as well.

In the first movie, Colossus is dragging Deadpool away and said "let's go see Professor Xavier" and Deadpool responds " which one Stewart or McAvoy? These timelines are so confusing"

I like the Paul Rudd comment better.
jokershady
8:50p, 5/6/24
in DP2 he refers to josh brolin at least once...if not twice by Thanos....so he doesn't exactly call him josh brolin but makes the audience aware that he knows it's the same actor....

"Pump the hate breaks Thanos."

Loved that line and that was before I had even seen any of the MCU movies....
MASAXET
9:45a, 5/9/24
Hey! Did you guys remember that Deadpool referenced Stewart and McAvoy in the first movie after Colossus said he was taking Deadpool to Prof. Xavier?
Whos Juan
4:44p, 5/9/24
In reply to MASAXET
MASAXET said:

Hey! Did you guys remember that Deadpool referenced Stewart and McAvoy in the first movie after Colossus said he was taking Deadpool to Prof. Xavier?
No, but I remember Guns 'n Roses doing a cameo in the first movie. Slash got to fire a harpoon.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings