Just Shut Up And Get The Vaccine!! It'll Be Fine
14,043 Views | 153 Replies
Irish 2.0
9:25a, 4/7/21

AstraZeneca's vaccine appears to be in deep *****

But hey!! These companies were given carte blanche and zero repercussions
Good Poster
9:27a, 4/7/21
I have no issue with people who get the vaccine but there's a 99.9% survival rate for my age group. I'll pass.
policywonk98
9:29a, 4/7/21
I guess the bright side of this is that if anything like this begins to bubble up with our three vaccines the Trumplicans will get what they want with Biden and the dems giving Trump all the credit.
Cassius
9:29a, 4/7/21
Ok, fess up, which of you vaxxers on here got that one and are now going to die from a blood clot?
Cassius
9:30a, 4/7/21
In reply to Good Poster
Good Poster said:

I have no issue with people who get the vaccine but there's a 99.9% survival rate for my age group. I'll pass.

I think it's a wee bit less than that for my age group, but yeah, I'm passing too.
lb3
9:31a, 4/7/21
ASTRAZENECA's vaccine is ass my dude.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
9:33a, 4/7/21
If you had the Rona already building up natural immunity...I don't see a need to "rush" to get the vaccine. I am still open to getting the vaccine, but I want to see how it plays out for 1 or 2 years minimum...if not 5 years. I've had reactions to vaccines in the past (along with one of my children), and wouldn't wish that on anybody. Considering the survival rates within the age group of my circle of friends and family, I'll take a wait and see approach. My much older parents already have the vaccine so far with no side effects.
BusterAg
9:35a, 4/7/21
I am going to wait for FDA approval, and for the pharma companies to drop their liability waivers.

So, probably never.
barbacoa taco
9:37a, 4/7/21
Well, the AZ vaccine isn't approved by the FDA yet. maybe there's a reason for it.
titan
9:37a, 4/7/21
In reply to BusterAg
BusterAg said:

I am going to wait for FDA approval, and for the pharma companies to drop their liability waivers.

So, probably never.
Why wouldn't the FDA eventually figure out one that has a clear record? Just because there is a waiver doesn't mean they should stop seeking to determine which one could actually be formally greenlighted, removing any realistic doubts.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Old Army Ghost
9:39a, 4/7/21
In reply to Cassius
Cassius said:

Ok, fess up, which of you vaxxers on here got that one and are now going to die from a blood clot?
this vaccine was never approved for use in america
Cassius
9:41a, 4/7/21
In reply to Old Army Ghost
Old Army Ghost said:

Cassius said:

ah ok. that answers my Q then, except for maybe Shanked Punt.

Layne Staley
9:45a, 4/7/21
Good friend's mom just died from the Moderna in California.
Cassius
9:46a, 4/7/21
In reply to Old Army Ghost
Old Army Ghost said:

Cassius said:

Correction: they never submitted it for approval under the EUA.
planoaggie123
In reply to Good Poster
Good Poster said:

So selfish.

Think about all the 90 year olds and the 300 lb McDonald loving adults....

VIRAL LOADS!!!!
BusterAg
In reply to titan
titan said:

BusterAg said:

So, probably never.
Why wouldn't the FDA eventually figure out one that has a clear record? Just because there is a waiver doesn't mean they should stop seeking to determine which one could actually be formally greenlighted, removing any realistic doubts.
By the time a vaccine is approved, COVID will be gone, or at least not anywhere near an issue anymore.

The requirements for efficacy and safety with the FDA are the most stringent in the world.
planoaggie123
In reply to Layne Staley
Layne Staley said:

Explain please. That was a bombshell with no info...
HollywoodBQ
9:49a, 4/7/21
In reply to Layne Staley
Layne Staley said:

Impossible, I saw a TV commercial with a female doctor of color who claimed that these vaccines are safe.
ToHntortoFsh
9:49a, 4/7/21
Legitimate question here, I had Covid and am in an age bracket where I am very unlikely to be on deaths door. My symptoms lasted about two days back ache and chills that's it. I heard Dr. Paul's line of questioning with Fauci and have found stats to show that reinfection w natural antibodies is very rare and even more rare that hospitalizations occur.

Two questions

If reinfection of those with natural antibodies was an issue wouldn't the CDC, WHO, and whoever else be showing the data proving natural antibodies weren't sufficient.

If reinfection is not a legitimate concern and my chances of reinfection with natural antibodies as opposed to the vaccine is similar (I heard 95% chance of not being reinfected w vaccine) why should I then get the vaccine?

*I guess I should say a very definite lack of facts showing that reinfection with natural antibodies is a concern
"America is a nation that can be defined in a single word:

Asufutimaehaehfutbw"
Slyfox07
9:50a, 4/7/21
Get it or don't.

Don't care...but if somebody expects me to amend my behavior (masks/distancing etc) to accommodate an "opt out"...they can EABOD.
Post removed:
by user
9:52a, 4/7/21
titan
9:52a, 4/7/21

That sounds backwards. Almost no "opt out" types are demanding accommodations. They are erring on the side of freedom.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Slyfox07
9:53a, 4/7/21
In reply to titan
titan said:

That sounds backwards. Almost no "opt out" types are demanding accommodations. They are erring on the side of freedom.
It is backwards, and the government are the ones demanding accommodations to account for the percentage of the population that is unvaccinated.

After a week or so of universal availability, those all become "opt outs" as far as I'm concerned.
Old Army Ghost
9:54a, 4/7/21
just like all deaths were covid, now all deaths by anyone with the vaxx is a vaccine death
titan
9:55a, 4/7/21
In reply to Slyfox07
slyfox07 said:

titan said:

It is backwards, and the government are the ones demanding accommodations to account for the percentage of the population that is unvaccinated.

After a week or so of universal availability, those all become "opt outs" as far as I'm concerned.
Ah, I see what you mean. As each week goes by, failure to get it means you an `opt out' and can't demand masking. Gotcha.
FrioAg 00:
BQ78
9:59a, 4/7/21
BUT, BUT COVID CAUSES BRAIN DAMAGE!!!!!!

GET YOUR SHOTS FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!!!!

I can yell like the ****er poster in the OP.
Always_Right
10:07a, 4/7/21
Not getting the vaccine today, tomorrow or ever.
Texker
10:09a, 4/7/21
In reply to Always_Right
Great_I_Am said:

Not getting the vaccine today, tomorrow or ever.
+1
beerad12man
10:09a, 4/7/21
This one seems to have had some issues.

the other three are pretty goddang close to miracles, and the data is playing out as such.

To each their own on the decision whether or not to get it, though. 70-80% of people will, and things will be normal for society soon enough.
hawk1689
10:12a, 4/7/21
In reply to Layne Staley
I starred your post for visibility. I know 4 people that have run over 104 degree temperature from the Moderna. I would like to see statistics on how many cases are fatal with that one (and all the others).
Texker
10:15a, 4/7/21
NO.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3190819/replies/59007561
whytho987654
10:36a, 4/7/21
In reply to Layne Staley
Layne Staley said:

doubt
SociallyConditionedAg
10:45a, 4/7/21
VAERS lists tons of issues with the two available here already. Combined with their lack of efficacy, getting the shot has to be riskier than just getting COVID.
Slyfox07
10:54a, 4/7/21
In reply to whytho987654
whytho987654 said:

Layne Staley said:

doubt
If this was true and medically verifiable, it would be national news.

This is almost certainly a case of correlation not equaling causation.
Decay
11:04a, 4/7/21
Why is that doubtful? Every medicine kills people. Look up the death stats for Tylenol (acetaminophen).

Hell I got the Pfizer vax today and I would still assume some % of people will be hurt or killed by it. That's just medicine.

I also assume it's still better to get the vax if you want so that we can cover the people who don't want it or can't take it for whatever reason.

But the most important thing: we should let everyone who wants it to take it. We should force NOBODY to take it.

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 5
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings