Ben Crump+Tony Buzbee+Thomas J Henry File Suits After Houston Tragedy
7,502 Views | 81 Replies
TxTarpon
9:17a, 11/8/21
Dang....

Crump
Quote:

Victims from Travis Scott's Astroworld have begun to sue the Houston rapper and concert organizers
Civil rights lawyer Ben Crump announced on Twitter Sunday night that he was representing victims of the crowd rush, including 21-year-old Noah Gutierrez, who Crump said helped save screaming concert-goers from being trampled.

Buzbee

Quote:

A lawyer for the family of a 21-year-old man, who died at the music festival after thousands of fans rushed the stage at the beginning of Scott's set, announced a lawsuit early Monday morning. Attorney Tony Buzbee said he would file the suit on the family's behalf, as well as for other victims. More details were set to be announced during a press conference for Monday afternoon.

Thomas J Henry (Nights and Weekends)[url=https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021/11/08/texas-attorney-thomas-j-henry-hired-to-represent-victim-of-astroworld-tragedy/][/url]
Quote:

Texas attorney Thomas J. Henry hired to represent victim of Astroworld tragedy
Texas personal injury attorney Thomas J. Henry announced Sunday that his law firm has filed one of the first lawsuits against rappers Travis Scott and Drake after a deadly crowd surge at the Astroworld Festival in Houston. In a news release shared by the firm, Scott and Drake are being sued by a victim's family. The victim's name was not disclosed in the release.

So very sad.

Going after the rappers and Live Nation is good, the county will have taxpayers cover their misdeeds.
Commandante Hidalgo should resign.
Her offices approved this dangerous concert.
This Travis Scott (censored) has a history of this.
Who will underwrite any concert he does again?
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
MindofCarlos
9:43a, 11/8/21
In reply to TxTarpon
TxTarpon said:

Dang....

Crump
Quote:

Victims from Travis Scott's Astroworld have begun to sue the Houston rapper and concert organizers
Civil rights lawyer Ben Crump announced on Twitter Sunday night that he was representing victims of the crowd rush, including 21-year-old Noah Gutierrez, who Crump said helped save screaming concert-goers from being trampled.

Buzbee

Quote:

A lawyer for the family of a 21-year-old man, who died at the music festival after thousands of fans rushed the stage at the beginning of Scott's set, announced a lawsuit early Monday morning. Attorney Tony Buzbee said he would file the suit on the family's behalf, as well as for other victims. More details were set to be announced during a press conference for Monday afternoon.

Thomas J Henry (Nights and Weekends)[url=https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021/11/08/texas-attorney-thomas-j-henry-hired-to-represent-victim-of-astroworld-tragedy/][/url]
Quote:

Texas attorney Thomas J. Henry hired to represent victim of Astroworld tragedy
Texas personal injury attorney Thomas J. Henry announced Sunday that his law firm has filed one of the first lawsuits against rappers Travis Scott and Drake after a deadly crowd surge at the Astroworld Festival in Houston. In a news release shared by the firm, Scott and Drake are being sued by a victim's family. The victim's name was not disclosed in the release.

So very sad.

Going after the rappers and Live Nation is good, the county will have taxpayers cover their misdeeds.
Commandante Hidalgo should resign.
Her offices approved this dangerous concert.
This Travis Scott (censored) has a history of this.
Who will underwrite any concert he does again?

Live nation has been sued for this almost identical incident many times before. Don't see any personal liability on any of the artist at this point. Still more of the venue and promoter at fault. Travis Scott will be back to selling out shows in a few months probably less once this blows over. Music festivals are dangerous. Rolling loud had a similar incident a few weeks ago and have had for the past few years and still get booked.
Spotted Ag
9:45a, 11/8/21
You know who's to blame? The morons that went to that place and participated in the riot. I hope NONE of them get a damned dime. Choices have consequences. They chose poorly.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
MindofCarlos
9:47a, 11/8/21
In reply to Spotted Ag
Spotted Ag said:

You know who's to blame? The morons that went to that place and participated in the riot. I hope NONE of them get a damned dime. Choices have consequences. They chose poorly.

Yep, unfortunately Travis may take the blame for all music festivals where people die of this nature. Although the venue does shoulder some of the blame for lack of security and no real plan in case of medical emergency.
BMX Bandit
9:51a, 11/8/21

vultures quickly circling.
Faustus
10:13a, 11/8/21
In reply to BMX Bandit
BMX Bandit said:

vultures quickly circling.
The attorneys or the board?
Get Off My Lawn
10:24a, 11/8/21
I'm torn on this, and probably know too little... but it seems like there's plenty of blame to go around. The set-up, members of the crowds, the folks who put themselves in (what proved to be) a risky position...

In hindsight it seems reasonable for venues of mosh-pit type concerts to put a few folks in the crowd to monitor as part of a "panic button" plan so that they could communicate when things got dangerous / out of hand.
TxTarpon
10:45a, 11/8/21
In reply to MindofCarlos

Quote:

Live nation has been sued for this almost identical incident many times before.
Link?
Many concert deaths are OD, not crowd crush.
Quote:

Don't see any personal liability on any of the artist at this point.
Stay tuned.

Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

Post removed:
by user
10:45a, 11/8/21
TxTarpon
10:47a, 11/8/21
In reply to Spotted Ag

Quote:

Yeah, play stupid games, win stupid prizes!
Like getting groped at Mardi Gras in NO, just happens when you show up.

-BarronVonAwesome

BCSWguru
10:50a, 11/8/21
So the Houston Marathon gets canned but this event gets approved? Alright!
TxTarpon
10:51a, 11/8/21
In reply to Get Off My Lawn
Michael Berry had this on his show this morning.

County managed this poorly.
Thug fans rushed into the venue around security.
A golf car ambulance roof was danced on when dispatched to help in the crowd.
Talk of calling the concert off was not followed because or riot concerns.
This was bad news at the start.

-BarronVonAwesome

TxTarpon
10:51a, 11/8/21
UTExan
11:00a, 11/8/21
In reply to MindofCarlos
MindofCarlos said:

Spotted Ag said:

Yep, unfortunately Travis may take the blame for all music festivals where people die of this nature. Although the venue does shoulder some of the blame for lack of security and no real plan in case of medical emergency.

I think that Bach and Beethoven themed music festivals will be just fine.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
MindofCarlos
11:02a, 11/8/21
In reply to UTExan
UTExan said:

MindofCarlos said:

Spotted Ag said:

Do people die of the nature they died during Astroworld? If not, I am not sure what the relevance of mentioning them was for.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
11:08a, 11/8/21
At first I was thinking it's hard to place any blame on Travis Scott as often times performers can barely even see out through the crowd with all of the lights and just given the sheer number of people, but after seeing that video of him looking down from the platform and continuing to "sing" with zero concern as a lifeless body is crowd surfed to safety, I hope this ruins him somehow as an artist. I hope he becomes a pariah.

Not saying this opens him up to any litigation, but just confirms he is a soulless POS.

Apparently he has directly encouraged hooliganism at his shows and sneaking in/hopping gates to get in, so maybe that can be some type of incitement?
UTExan
11:12a, 11/8/21
In reply to MindofCarlos
MindofCarlos said:

UTExan said:

MindofCarlos said:

Spotted Ag said:

Do people die of the nature they died during Astroworld? If not, I am not sure what the relevance of mentioning them was for.

"Of this nature": do you mean rap music by its nature encourages violence, hatred and murder? Then I would agree with you.

Beethoven and Bach riots OTOH, are rare.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Bunk Moreland
11:15a, 11/8/21
In reply to Hammerly High Dive Crips
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

At first I was thinking it's hard to place any blame on Travis Scott as often times performers can barely even see out through the crowd with all of the lights and just given the sheer number of people, but after seeing that video of him looking down from the platform and continuing to "sing" with zero concern as a lifeless body is crowd surfed to safety, I hope this ruins him somehow as an artist. I hope he becomes a pariah.

Not saying this opens him up to any litigation, but just confirms he is a soulless POS.

Apparently he has directly encouraged hooliganism at his shows and sneaking in/hopping gates to get in, so maybe that can be some type of incitement?

Go find the video of him crowd surfing in Europe, then accusing a kid of trying to steal his shoe and ordering the crowd to beat his ass, then he spit on him.

Guy is a POS and has encouraged dangerous situations multiple times before. He absolutely deserves to be caught up in it.

2 entities could and should have paused/stopped the show multiple times to let the crowd relax and/or ask them to spread out. That's the talent and the producers. Neither did. Disaster then occurred.

There's also plenty of precedent with other bands/acts stopping their shows when injuries occur or if the crowds get too rowdy.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
11:16a, 11/8/21
In reply to TxTarpon
TxTarpon said:

Michael Berry had this on his show this morning.

County managed this poorly.
Thug fans rushed into the venue around security.
A golf car ambulance roof was danced on when dispatched to help in the crowd.
Talk of calling the concert off was not followed because or riot concerns.
This was bad news at the start.

As soon as they saw the sheer number of people breaking in, it should have been called off or delayed somehow. That being said, I completely get the fear of a riot, especially given that this crowd is heavily comprised of a certain demographic known the hate police and often respond with violence.

You can re-allocate a bunch of cops but with that number of attendees, they are still heavily outnumbered and become targets.

I am not sure what should have been done exactly, but you just knew it would be bad news seeing the clips from earlier that day.

My mom was just driving on that side of town around 3pm Friday and said it was awful and that she did not feel safe in her car.
Anonymous Source
11:20a, 11/8/21
In reply to MindofCarlos
MindofCarlos said:

Spotted Ag said:

Lack of security and safety measures, as well as a lack of escape routes to minimize the effects of crowd surge would fall on the promoter, Live Nation.
Gig 'Em
Anonymous Source
11:22a, 11/8/21
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

From his position on stage, how is he to know that that person was deceased?
And an artist performing for money encouraging people to sneak in and hop gates seems highly unlikely.
Gig 'Em
TxTarpon
11:25a, 11/8/21

Quote:

"Upper Echelon" (feat. T.I. & 2 Chainz)

Travis Scott prior convictions for inciting fans to rush stage

-BarronVonAwesome

Bunk Moreland
11:25a, 11/8/21
In reply to Anonymous Source
Anonymous Source said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

And an artist performing for money encouraging people to sneak in and hop gates seems highly unlikely.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/travis-scott-long-history-encouraging-182911307.html

Quote:

Over the years, Scott has also glorified images and videos of his fans crashing security gates in order to gain access into his concerts. At least one of those posts a Tweet from May 2021 in which he wrote, "We still sneaking the wild ones in. !!!!" was deleted sometime in the last few hours.
SquirrellyDan
11:26a, 11/8/21
In reply to TxTarpon
TxTarpon said:

Quote:

Yeah, play stupid games, win stupid prizes!
Like getting groped at Mardi Gras in NO, just happens when you show up.

One of the dumbest things I've seen today. Congrats, I guess. Stiff competition but you made it out on top!

ETA: Unless you were groped at Mardi Gras...if so sorry to hear that.
TxTarpon
11:26a, 11/8/21

Quote:

My mom was just driving on that side of town around 3pm Friday and said it was awful and that she did not feel safe in her car.
Glad she made it home safe.

-BarronVonAwesome

Anonymous Source
11:27a, 11/8/21
I stand corrected
Gig 'Em
YouBet
11:27a, 11/8/21
In reply to Get Off My Lawn
Get Off My Lawn said:

I'm torn on this, and probably know too little... but it seems like there's plenty of blame to go around. The set-up, members of the crowds, the folks who put themselves in (what proved to be) a risky position...

In hindsight it seems reasonable for venues of mosh-pit type concerts to put a few folks in the crowd to monitor as part of a "panic button" plan so that they could communicate when things got dangerous / out of hand.
Good luck finding volunteers for this duty.
TxTarpon
11:29a, 11/8/21
In reply to SquirrellyDan

Quote:

One of the dumbest things I've seen today. Congrats, I guess. Stiff competition but you made it out on top!

Excuses
Excuses
Next thing you know whiners like you will cry that people OD'd at a crack house or caught the clap at the Bunnie Ranch.

-BarronVonAwesome

justcallmeharry
11:32a, 11/8/21
It saddens me to not be able to say enough bad things about Ben Crump Cramp.
SquirrellyDan
11:39a, 11/8/21
In reply to TxTarpon
TxTarpon said:

Quote:

Excuses
Excuses
Next thing you know whiners like you will cry that people OD'd at a crack house or caught the clap at the Bunnie Ranch.

Excuses? I'm not making any excuses for anyone. I just think it's silly to equate 'going to a concert' to 'making a choice to die.'

You're saying that people who decide to go to Mardi Gras and end up getting groped carry all the blame....I guess the person doing the groping is just giving people what they came for, right?
TxTarpon
11:42a, 11/8/21

Quote:

Excuses? I'm not making any excuses for anyone. I just think it's silly to equate 'going to a concert' to 'making a choice to die.'
So strange when I attend concerts there is no violent body count.
Genre related?
Quote:

You're saying that people who decide to go to Mardi and end up getting groped carry all the blame....I guess the person doing the groping is just giving people what they came for, right?
Nope liberal.
Time and place.

-BarronVonAwesome

Hammerly High Dive Crips
11:45a, 11/8/21
In reply to Anonymous Source
Anonymous Source said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

I don't think the person was deceased yet, there are multiple videos and the person was almost blue/purple and appeared to be convulsing as if they were OD'ing.

You ask a fair question, but the video is just creepy how he's looking directly down at the limp body and still singing, completely unphased. There are also numerous accounts from concert goers that say he could definitely see what was going on. Who knows, but the video creeped me the F out.
SquirrellyDan
11:48a, 11/8/21
In reply to TxTarpon
TxTarpon said:

Quote:

So strange when I attend concerts there is no violent body count.
Genre related?
Quote:

You're saying that people who decide to go to Mardi and end up getting groped carry all the blame....I guess the person doing the groping is just giving people what they came for, right?
Nope liberal.
Time and place.

Not sure what this means. Anyways, sorry you got groped. Glad you attend mostly peaceful concerts.
TxTarpon
11:49a, 11/8/21
Enjoy your Monday.

-BarronVonAwesome

lil99chris
11:53a, 11/8/21
After the Playboy Carti was cancelled a week prior to this event….the concert organizers, law enforcement, and interested parties should have prepared that something could go wrong.

I have worked a couple Travis Scott concerts and they are an unique experience. I wouldn't exactly call it a rap concert experience.

https://abc13.com/amp/playboi-carti-concert-houston-nrg-stadium-rapper-fans-trampled/11162671/
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 3
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings