All that talk about the McCains was right
8,982 Views | 48 Replies
45-70Ag
6:02p, 5/7/24

I wanted to believe his story, former pow returns and wants to serve the people in another role. Could have been an all time great in American history.

Instead, he was everything wrong with this country. And his wife was in the middle of it all.
Texas velvet maestro
6:04p, 5/7/24
"it's a big club..."
samurai_science
6:11p, 5/7/24
Crenshaw is the new McCain
Gaw617
6:14p, 5/7/24
You can respect McCain for his service and admire him for surviving as a POW and think he was a complete fraud as a politician. Those are mutually exclusive.
schmellba99
6:21p, 5/7/24
In reply to Gaw617
Gaw617 said:

You can respect McCain for his service and admire him for surviving as a POW and think he was a complete fraud as a politician. Those are mutually exclusive.
There is a reason why McCain was not liked by those that were POW's with him.

He also killed 134 sailors and nearly sank the USS Forrestal when he fired a missle off on deck and it ignighted the jet fuel storage.

GAC06
6:23p, 5/7/24
In reply to schmellba99
schmellba99 said:

Gaw617 said:

He also killed 134 sailors and nearly sank the USS Forrestal when he fired a missle off on deck and it ignighted the jet fuel storage.

No he didn't. Good Lord.

The rocket came off an F-4
The_Waco_Kid
6:24p, 5/7/24
In reply to schmellba99
Yeah, but he got away with it with no punishment as the son of an admiral.
Sq 17
6:34p, 5/7/24
Cindy McCain is the ultimate Romney Bush Establishmant Country Club Republican

So it's not surprising she has a more than a few Haters here on F16
45-70Ag
6:39p, 5/7/24
In reply to Sq 17
Sq 17 said:

There isn't a legitimate reason for hanging out with soros.
richardag
6:46p, 5/7/24
In reply to 45-70Ag
45-70Ag said:

Sq 17 said:

There isn't a legitimate reason for hanging out with soros.
But I a$$ume there are bu$hell$ of of other rea$on$.
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, the public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt.
People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
nortex97
6:56p, 5/7/24
It's perfect to me that she made her money as a bud light distributor.
annie88
7:24p, 5/7/24
In reply to Sq 17
Sq 17 said:

She's literally in a photo with two men that are hell-bent on ruining America and are supporting terrorism and both really should be in prison. It's pretty disgusting. It was bad enough that they voted for Biden, but this is really gross.
milner79
7:34p, 5/7/24
In reply to schmellba99
schmellba99 said:

Gaw617 said:

Yep.
Love Gun
7:58p, 5/7/24
If liberal was a haircut. Exhibits A, B and C.

**** Joe Biden
Rapier108
8:07p, 5/7/24
In reply to schmellba99
schmellba99 said:

Gaw617 said:

He was not responsible for the fire aboard USS Forrestal. Plenty of criticism for McCain so no reason to lie about him, especially about something like the Forrestal fire.

McCain flew the A-4 Skyhawk and the aircraft which had a Zuni rocket launch was a F-4 Phantom. The rocket hit the A-4, piloted by Fred White. McCain's A-4 was parked next to White's and was also involved in the fire the rocket started (didn't detonate due to the safety but started a fuel fire) which quickly resulting in some WWII era bombs cooking off.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggiedent
8:11p, 5/7/24
In reply to schmellba99
schmellba99 said:

Gaw617 said:

Uh….. that's totally wrong.

McCain flew A-4's. The missile came off an F-4. Furthermore, nobody "fired" the missile, it was an electrical fault. And to round things off, the missile hit an A-4, the fire and fuel spill, spread from the A-4 through the ship.
one safe place
8:14p, 5/7/24
Was never a fan. Still aren't.
CanyonAg77
8:32p, 5/7/24
In reply to milner79
milner79 said:

schmellba99 said:

Gaw617 said:

Yep.

Nope

McCain was a POS who only lacked one plane crash to become an enemy ace. No need to assign false claims, he broke plenty of planes, but not this one
samurai_science
8:35p, 5/7/24
agwrestler
11:28p, 5/7/24
In reply to Gaw617
Gaw617 said:

He was a ****ing traitor who assisted with NVA interrogators. Then actively undermined efforts to repatriate POWs when he was in office.
BboroAg
1:23a, 5/8/24
In reply to agwrestler
agwrestler said:

Gaw617 said:

He was a ****ing traitor who assisted with NVA interrogators. Then actively undermined efforts to repatriate POWs when he was in office.

That is true…also true that he was following official US government/military doctrine regarding POWs of WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Just like good ole military hero Dan Crenshaw and every other politician in Washington does and will continue to do.

We do not have a left/right issue…we have an up/down issue (up being about the people and down being about the government).
Rongagin71
2:05a, 5/8/24
McCain was caught in the Forrestal fire, but did not start it.
ts5641
5:21a, 5/8/24
In reply to 45-70Ag
McCain was an establishment RINO. He was just this side of better than a leftist, but nothing changes with his ilk. The fact that she would even be in the same room as those POS's is pathetic and speaks volumes.
nortex97
6:07a, 5/8/24
In reply to CanyonAg77
CanyonAg77 said:

milner79 said:

schmellba99 said:

Gaw617 said:

Yep.

Nope

McCain was a POS who only lacked one plane crash to become an enemy ace. No need to assign false claims, he broke plenty of planes, but not this one
He was however expeditiously taken off the Forrestal asap because daddy didn't want him to be hurt (before other officers/pilots). The eventual songbird of the Hanoi Hilton was loathed by his fellow POW's, and was a lifelong terrible pilot who compounded his lack of skill with recklessness.

Quote:

McCain's commanders sarcastically dubbed him "Ace McCain" because of his string of pre-Vietnam accidents, recalled Maurice Rishel, who commanded McCain's VA-65 squadron in early 1961, when it was deployed in the Mediterranean.
He would not have been selected for tactical aviation but for the fact that his dad was an admiral. That's the real tragedy of his career of entitlement. Well, that and his horrible 'attempt' to defeat Barry Obama and support for bombing people all over the earth as a senator whenever he could champion a war.
94AGBQ
6:08a, 5/8/24
My dad flew A4s and A6s. McCain was one of his flight instructors early in his career and my parents knew him off and on over the years. He really was an entitled ahole that only got to where he was because of who his father was. He largely was not liked by those who knew him in the service from what I understand.

My dad flew for 27 years and never lost one. (Thank God) Maybe he should have been McCain's instructor instead of the other way around.
BudFox7
6:10a, 5/8/24
I bet 99% of you that were eligible voted for McCain for president. And Romney. And patch boy. When will you learn
agracer
8:02a, 5/8/24
In reply to schmellba99
schmellba99 said:

Gaw617 said:

McCain had nothing to do with that. He was just in the airplane when a Zuni rocket from an F4 phantom fired off and hit HIS airplane. He was fortunate to not have died in the fire.
aggiedent
8:18a, 5/8/24
I have to say that I find this thread disturbing. It's totally fair to say you don't like McCain's politics or that he was arrogant (not sure why the Trump lovers are bothered by this).

But to make an outright lie about McCain shooting off a missile and getting 100+ sailors killed is really below the belt. And for 31 posters to star that post is just some serious conformational bias. I hate McCain……..this fits the agenda of my hate…….let's believe it without caring if it's right or wrong.

Come on folks……..you're better than that!!!
LMCane
8:26a, 5/8/24
In reply to schmellba99
[Already plenty of refutations about the deck fire incident. No need to add your own in order to have the opportunity to take a swipe at other users in the thread. -Staff]
LMCane
8:28a, 5/8/24
[Make counter-arguments without the snark toward other users. Thanks. -Staff]
American Hardwood
8:29a, 5/8/24
Okay folks, we've had at least a dozen rebuttals on the Forrestal incident, can we get back on the political topic of the POS status of the McCain's?

[We agree, any mention of this past your post on this thread will be deleted. Thanks. -Staff]
Muy
8:30a, 5/8/24
In reply to BudFox7
BudFox7 said:

I bet 99% of you that were eligible voted for McCain for president. And Romney. And patch boy. When will you learn

I don't vote for Crenshaw because I live in Frisco but I sadly admit I voted for the other 2 clowns.
American Hardwood
8:31a, 5/8/24
In reply to Muy
Voting for them in the general is one thing, when the democrat is your alternate. What matters is who you voted for in the primary.
Muy
8:37a, 5/8/24
In reply to American Hardwood
American Hardwood said:

Voting for them in the general is one thing, when the democrat is your alternate. What matters is who you voted for in the primary.

I need to look up who was in the Texas primary to remember what I did. Yes I'm old.
TAMU1990
8:38a, 5/8/24
In reply to BudFox7
BudFox7 said:

Vs a dem in the general? Yes. In the primary, no. Why would any conservative vote for Obama?
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings