RFK wants to debate Trump one on one
3,975 Views | 75 Replies
Logos Stick
6:36a, 5/8/24
He would wipe the floor with Trump imo on the "moderate" positions, like COVID. But his rad left-wing ideology would also be exposed.

RFK is a very knowledgeable on many subjects.

Kyle Field Shade Chaser
6:39a, 5/8/24
No benefit to Trump to debate Kennedy unless he thinks Kennedy is stealing enough votes from him to cost the election. If the feeling is Kennedy is stealing more votes from Biden, no reason to debate him.
BMX Bandit
6:40a, 5/8/24
Alternate headline:

Man begging for attention desperate to enter another's spotlight
General Jack D. Ripper
6:55a, 5/8/24
In reply to Logos Stick
I'm likely voting for RFK and voted for trump the last two times. Can you please state an example of his "rad-left wing" ideology? Perhaps I'm missing something.
We’ve gone from “safe, free and effective” to “bro, the vax didn’t kill THAT many people”.
BMX Bandit
6:56a, 5/8/24
In reply to General Jack D. Ripper
Quote:

Perhaps I'm missing something.

Clearly
Phatbob
6:57a, 5/8/24
It's only not radical because the left has gone supernova insane, but yes, he is economically and socially a leftist liberal.
General Jack D. Ripper
6:59a, 5/8/24
In reply to BMX Bandit
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Clearly

Give me an example of his radical left wing ideology
We’ve gone from “safe, free and effective” to “bro, the vax didn’t kill THAT many people”.
BMX Bandit
7:04a, 5/8/24
His entire environmental plan, including:
Ban LNG exports
Ban fracking
peacedude
7:06a, 5/8/24
General Jack D. Ripper said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Clearly

Scroll through his answers, and it'll become clear: https://www.isidewith.com/candidates/robert-kennedy-jr-2/policies
Bonfire.1996
7:18a, 5/8/24

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Clearly

Thinks it's reasonable to jail people who won't accept climate change is a scientific fact.

That alone is enough for you to put your big boy pants on, swallow your sinful pride, quit thinking you are altruistic, and vote to save America from democrats who want to put you in jail.
Agthatbuilds
7:29a, 5/8/24
Single payer health care

High minimum wage adjusted yearly to inflation (lol, what a terrible idea)
Forced paid sick leave
High taxes on rich, High taxes on corporations
4 day work week, anything more should be considered overtime and be paid time and a half

I mean, I could go on but what's the point. He's a pretty far left candidate that shares a couple far right position like vaccine mandates in the venn diagram of political opinions.

El Gallo Blanco
7:30a, 5/8/24
Trump would be foolish to do this. Debates are clearly his kryptonite.
bobbranco
7:33a, 5/8/24
In reply to Bonfire.1996
Bonfire.1996 said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Clearly

Thinks it's reasonable to jail people who won't accept climate change is a scientific fact.

That alone is enough for you to put your big boy pants on, swallow your sinful pride, quit thinking you are altruistic, and vote to save America from democrats who want to put you in jail.
This. x 1000
bobbranco
7:34a, 5/8/24
In reply to Agthatbuilds
Agthatbuilds said:

Single payer health care

High minimum wage adjusted yearly to inflation (lol, what a terrible idea)
Forced paid sick leave
High taxes on rich, High taxes on corporations
4 day work week, anything more should be considered overtime and be paid time and a half

I mean, I could go on but what's the point. He's a pretty far left candidate that shares a couple far right position like vaccine mandates in the venn diagram of political opinions.

I see plenty of leftists in the anti-vaccine crowd.
cevans_40
7:40a, 5/8/24
Guys, just one example please./TDS
MagnumLoad
7:44a, 5/8/24

I'm likely voting for RFK and voted for trump the last two times. Can you please state an example of his "rad-left wing" ideology? Perhaps I'm missing something.

That will help Biden get elected. It would be a wasted vote. Be smart and help save our country.
45-70Ag
Is he even going to qualify for the debates? Besides, could anyone understand him
dustin999
If Trump wouldn't debate in the GOP primary, what makes him think he'll debate now? As much as Trump runs his mouth, he sure is afraid to debate.
Agthatbuilds
7:50a, 5/8/24
In reply to bobbranco
Yea, that's one of the crossover categories of far left and far right, along with perhaps govt surveillance and some others.
American Hardwood
7:53a, 5/8/24
Debates are a circus side show meant to trip up leading candidates.
BlueTaze
7:54a, 5/8/24
What is his "Rad right wing" positions?

He punts to congress on guns. No intention of initiating executive action. It's that he wouldn't veto certain gun bills that is the problem.

The more I look into him the more I like. Mostly for his independent thinking, and acknowledgement of deep state and corrupt media. He has been marginalized and misrepresented by both sides, and still maintained a strong following.
LMCane
If Trump actually knew what he was talking about

it would be very smart to debate Kennedy as that will make it a Trump/Kennedy race and Biden would lose a huge amount of center left support

but because Trump knows very little about actual policy - he would be destroyed by Kennedy in any debate.

aTmAg
In reply to dustin999
dustin999 said:

If Trump wouldn't debate in the GOP primary, what makes him think he'll debate now? As much as Trump runs his mouth, he sure is afraid to debate.
I wanted DeSantis to win, but the whole "Trump is afraid to debate" BS was a bogus talking point. Trump had no reason to debate as he was so far ahead of everybody. There was no upside and plenty of downside. That is also true of RFK.

Unless Biden craters even more, that won't be the case in the general.
IndividualFreedom
7:57a, 5/8/24
Quote:

His entire environmental plan, including:
Ban LNG exports
Ban fracking
Now do "Radical" DJT
4stringAg
8:02a, 5/8/24
RFK is in a "must debate" situation to get a voice for his platform. Trump and really even Biden are not.
Seamaster
8:08a, 5/8/24

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Clearly

Uh. He just the other day on Patrick Bet David podcast proved he thinks transing kids is fine as long as the parents say it's ok.

That alone disqualifies him.

I admire a lot about him and agree with him quite a lot. He'd hands-down be way better than Biden and he might even, in some ways, be a more effective President than Trump (because the deep state is so clearly aligned against Trump and will railroad him at every turn.)

But he's wrong on something so basic that I can't vote for him if I have a better choice - the evil done to kids right now by the Molach and BAAL worshiping sex cult is so manifestly wrong that one who can't see that, shouldn't lead.
TexAgs91
8:18a, 5/8/24
This is a strawman

It's never been about banning muslims. It's been about banning immigrants from certain mid-east countries that happen to be predominantly muslim because they're rife with terrorists, which of course we should do.

As for the rest of this https://www.isidewith.com/candidates/robert-kennedy-jr-2/policies
There's too many insane policies (supporting Biden's unconstitutional loan forgiveness program is one of them) that RFK supports to go through, but yes, he's a left-wing loon.

I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Old McDonald
8:47a, 5/8/24

not a dig a you specifically, but it's mystifying that the right propped up rfk as a biden spoiler (i guess they thought the name recognition would siphon dem voters?) when in reality he's most popular with the low-institutional trust former trump voters
Muy
8:48a, 5/8/24
Trump has nothing to gain by debating the distant 3rd candidate.
Logos Stick
8:50a, 5/8/24
In reply to Old McDonald
The NBC poll is fake news. It contradicts numerous other polls that show Biden is hurt more by RFK.
doubledog
8:52a, 5/8/24
Follow the lead of your fellow democrats...

Become a D.A. in New York and file a lawsuit.
aggiehawg
8:52a, 5/8/24
Most of this discussion is moot since the Libertarian convention is later this month and Trump will still be in trial and required to be there.
Ag with kids
8:55a, 5/8/24
So, Diane Rehm vs The Great Bloviator.

Should be interesting.

I would take Trump in that, though.
pdc093
8:58a, 5/8/24
Labotomy?

Im Gipper
9:11a, 5/8/24
Those picking between Trump and RFKJR only care about personality. The issues do not really mean much to them, otherwise they would not say crazy things like "I have not seen anything radical from RFK."

I'm Gipper
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 3
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off