News from the DEI HR front - URM is outdated
2,557 Views | 28 Replies
HollywoodBQ
10:44a, 5/8/24
I posted a few months ago about a corporate initiative to have a female or "underrepresented" minority on every interview panel.

Today's update is that apparently URM - Underrepresented Minority - was considered offensive so the new term for the DEI initiatives is URT.

Apparently URT stands for Underrepresented Talent

The irony of course is that if these folks were in fact talented, they would not be underrepresented, they would be hired.

I just wanted to share this new buzzword so our TexAg-ers stay up to date.

For those of you who are retired or own your own business. God Bless you Cabron
zoneag
10:50a, 5/8/24
Today's Under Represented Diversity (TURD)
Petrino1
11:02a, 5/8/24
In reply to HollywoodBQ
HollywoodBQ said:

I posted a few months ago about a corporate initiative to have a female or "underrepresented" minority on every interview panel.

Today's update is that apparently URM - Underrepresented Minority - was considered offensive so the new term for the DEI initiatives is URT.

The irony of course is that if these folks were in fact talented, they would not be underrepresented, they would be hired.

Did they define what a person of URT is considered?
Rapier108
11:06a, 5/8/24
As I said on another thread about DEI.

Whenever something the left does becomes toxic, they simply rename or rebrand it, and keep right on at it.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Emotional Support Cobra
11:11a, 5/8/24
Dealing with NIH, they would use a term for URM but they had specific criteria for groups considered underrepresented in SCIENCE rather than in society, so black, Hispanic, alaskan/PI, native american, but not Asian or Indian.

The term "minority" depends on what population you want to include or exclude. As Hispanics are less of a minority, the term needs to change so they are still given accommodations.
MouthBQ98
11:11a, 5/8/24
The left is Orwellian and they adjust their Newspeak constantly trying to disguise what they are doing but as humans understand context and the multiple terminologies still represent the same thing, it disguises nothing.

What you label it does not change what it is.
AgBQ-00
11:23a, 5/8/24
...a rose by any other name...
Stat Monitor Repairman
11:27a, 5/8/24
They'll ban it when URT'er (RRRRrrr-terrr) inevitably becomes a derogatory term.
rocky the dog
11:36a, 5/8/24
This is sick.

I had to throw out all of my 'DEI' memes when they changed the name.

Now, I gotta throw out all the URM memes.

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
Ryan the Temp
11:43a, 5/8/24
"Talent" has been used in HR/personnel circles for many, many years. this is not new.

As an HR consultant, I loathe this word because it doesn't mean what people think it means.
UTExan
11:53a, 5/8/24
In reply to HollywoodBQ
Underrepresented Talent is all that graffiti on the walls of private businesses, bridges, street signs, subway/light rail cars, etc.

Last time I was in Chicago it was URT- rich.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
HollywoodBQ
12:26p, 5/8/24
In reply to Petrino1
Petrino1 said:

HollywoodBQ said:

Did they define what a person of URT is considered?
Since I look like a member of the Hitler Youth, I didn't have big enough cojones to ask that on a call where my name would be included.

I'll have to wait for an all hands call where I can ask anonymously.
HollywoodBQ
12:29p, 5/8/24
In reply to rocky the dog
Solid Gold!
American Hardwood
12:51p, 5/8/24
When my group of friends happens on the subject of one of a women's more observable parts of her upper physiology, we refer to it as the size of her 'talent', which makes the subject of this thread rather funny.
WHOOP!'91
1:06p, 5/8/24
In reply to Ryan the Temp
Ryan the Temp said:

"Talent" has been used in HR/personnel circles for many, many years. this is not new.

As an HR consultant, I loathe this word because it doesn't mean what people think it means.
Wow, Ryan the Temp sighting. Very rare.
LoudestWHOOP!
1:20p, 5/8/24
In reply to zoneag
zoneag said:

HE has a name

As shiny a TURD as there ever has been.
YouBet
1:20p, 5/8/24
In reply to HollywoodBQ
HollywoodBQ said:

Hilarious. As usual, that wasn't thought through.

My former company implemented diversity panels after I left. All new hires required to be interviewed by the minority panel before you can get hired. If they only get a white person/people that apply for the job, the process stops until a non-white candidate is identified.
aggiepanic95
1:22p, 5/8/24
In reply to LoudestWHOOP!
LoudestWHOOP! said:

zoneag said:

HE has a name

As shiny a TURD as there ever has been.
Clean and well spoken too.
Gigem314
1:23p, 5/8/24
In reply to zoneag
zoneag said:

Logos Stick
1:31p, 5/8/24
DEI and talent are mutually exclusive.
MouthBQ98
1:40p, 5/8/24
In reply to UTExan
UTExan said:

Underrepresented Talent is all that graffiti on the walls of private businesses, bridges, street signs, subway/light rail cars, etc.

Last time I was in Chicago it was URT- rich.

Seems rather presumptive or inaccurate in many applications. Talent implies talent is possessed and exercised.
4stringAg
1:44p, 5/8/24
I'm surprised the left hasn't removed the mask completely and just called it what it is: discrimination.
BlueTaze
1:52p, 5/8/24
The irony is that they always use this image, showing a physical shortcoming that needs to be remedied. These DEI folks are too stupid and well intentioned to recognize they are essentially saying minorities are not as smart or capable in there trade, and therefore need help. It's incredibly insulting and racist. Just like all those white libs on the street saying black folks are too stupid or poor to get an ID to vote.

To win at this game, you need to get these DEI leaders to outline the specific disadvantages that need to be overcome. This is where their unconscious racism shines thru, and you expose how out of touch with reality they are.

WHOOP!'91
1:56p, 5/8/24
In reply to 4stringAg
4stringAg said:

I'm surprised the left hasn't removed the mask completely and just called it what it is: discrimination.

There are a few that will admit discrimination is OK against whites, males, Christians, heterosexuals and conservatives, but most are still pretending that isn't what's happening.
WHOOP!'91
1:57p, 5/8/24
In reply to BlueTaze
BlueTaze said:

The irony is that they always use this image, showing a physical shortcoming that needs to be remedied. These DEI folks are too stupid and well intentioned to recognize they are essentially saying minorities are not as smart or capable in there trade, and therefore need help. It's incredibly insulting and racist. Just like all those white libs on the street saying black folks are too stupid or poor to get an ID to vote.

To win at this game, you need to get these DEI leaders to outline the specific disadvantages that need to be overcome. This is where their unconscious racism shines thru, and you expose how out of touch with reality they are.

Sure, you can resolve height differences with a box, but what about intelligence, work ethic or talent? Not so simple.
Maroon Dawn
2:42p, 5/8/24
All just codespeak for "make sure your company leadership positions are all given to political appointees whose demographic is absolutely loyal to the Democratic Party
sleepybeagle
3:09p, 5/8/24
In reply to WHOOP!'91
WHOOP!'91 said:

BlueTaze said:

Sure, you can resolve height differences with a box, but what about intelligence, work ethic or talent? Not so simple.
NO - you can't even resolve height differences with a box in real life! If we take this "meme" at face value and try to apply it to folks sitting inside the stadium - what would happen?

The stadium would have to supply free booster seat boxes for short people. The short people would increase their seat height with these boxes until someone behind them can't see and then that person would need to go get a booster seat box. This demand for booster seat boxes would continue until the stadium runs out of booster seat boxes. At that point, cleaver patrons will start hording booster seat boxes and then sell them to their neighbors at ever inflating prices. Many patrons having already spent an arm and a leg for the ticket just to get in will not be able to pay for their much needed booster seat box. Now instead of just height inequity, we'll also have socio-economic inequity.

Of course the story would be different in Lubbock, Philadelphia or most soccer games where people would instead use the booster seat boxes as projectiles.

sleepybeagle
TexAgs91
6:18p, 5/8/24
In reply to HollywoodBQ
HollywoodBQ said:

It's all commie indoctrination garbage
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Funky Winkerbean
6:37p, 5/8/24
Ask someone in a meeting to verbally explain the difference.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings