a friend asked me why Egypt and Jordan will not allow Palestinian refugees into their
5,632 Views | 63 Replies
woodlees
7:01p, 5/8/24
Does anyone know why fellow Muslim/arab states do not offer asylum to Palestinian refugees?

I didnt know the answer to this question so I thought I would ask the forum.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agsalaska
7:04p, 5/8/24
Because they are smart.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Rongagin71
7:05p, 5/8/24
This is a good short history of why...
Texas Yarddog
7:10p, 5/8/24
In reply to woodlees
woodlees said:

Does anyone know why fellow Muslim/arab states do not offer asylum to Palestinian refugees?

Easier to use them as useful political pawns, feed them weapons, and let them continue being a PITA for Israel.
Faustus
7:12p, 5/8/24
In reply to woodlees
woodlees said:

I was curious too, so I did a rudimentary search on Google using the words Palestinian and refugees as the search query.

As it turns out Lebanon and Jordan are already hosting millions of them. Is the question more why won't they absorb the rest of them so Israel can have the land they were on in peace?

Because on its face that would seem like a non-starter for Lebanon, Jordan, and the millions of refugees there without the need for humorously transparent questions.
Ag in Tiger Country
7:22p, 5/8/24
In reply to Faustus
That's cute; why don't you research how the Palestinians treat their host countries and then ask yourself why would ANY Muslim nation be stupid enough to offer housing &/or citizenship to these wonderful, grateful, & beneficial gift to humanity?
Rongagin71
7:24p, 5/8/24
In reply to Faustus
"Hosting" might not be the best term for why Palestinians are in those countries.
The Jordanians were able to expel the PLO but it took a bloody civil war, and the Maronite Christians who had previously controlled Lebanon were defeated by the PLO.
It should be noted that Kuwait also took in many Palestinians, but after those mostly supported the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait, a large number of Palestinians were expelled when the Kuwaitis regained control.
Other Arab countries have learned from this and will not take Palestinian refugees.
Logos Stick
7:25p, 5/8/24
In reply to woodlees
Because they don't want this conflict to end.
C@LAg
7:29p, 5/8/24
In reply to woodlees
woodlees said:

1. Palestinians in general are trash as a undocumented aliens/refugees in whatever country they reside, and are not worth the headache to deal with them.

2. They are useful tools that Islam can use to thumb its nose at the West and directly impact Israel. That only works when they are in Israel.

3. They are considered disposable people by most of the rest of Islam, and to be honest, most of the rest of the world, until October 7th rolled around and libiots latched onto them for "muh victimization".

4. Generally unskilled, useless, and parasitic.
peacedude
7:35p, 5/8/24
Because those two countries are like successful truckers, whereas Palestinians are like the meth'd out bathroom janitor at the emergency (gotta go now!) truck stop.

Common denominator? They make their living off of trucks. Similarly, Islam is the only thing those three places have in common.
woodlees
7:36p, 5/8/24
In reply to Rongagin71
Rongagin71 said:

I was unaware of these historical perspectives. With a reputation for spoiling stable governments why on earth would Joe Biden be entertaining bringing them here by the tens of thousands?

The crises we have now will be magnified hundreds of times if Joe brings them here.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Faustus
7:39p, 5/8/24
In reply to Ag in Tiger Country
Ag in Tiger Country said:

That's cute; why don't you research how the Palestinians treat their host countries and then ask yourself why would ANY Muslim nation be stupid enough to offer housing &/or citizenship to these wonderful, grateful, & beneficial gift to humanity?

They're terrible (maybe not as bad as Assange was with the Ecuadorean embassy in England) guests and neighboring countries want absolutely no more refugees. The locals don't want to assimilate and/or pay for them anymore than you guys do your neighbors not coming in the traditional way.

The difference is third parties (including us) pay for the refugees support in those countries - so they don't get to be citizens/illegals, but rather they're an ever growing community of quasi-legal foreign nationals their hosts are paid to grudgingly accommodate (in camps) going on indefinitely.

Why would any neighboring country volunteer to take millions more in so Israel could homogenize the territories it can't annex with the Palestinians still on it?

Don't get me wrong, the protests suck, Israel has a right to defend itself, Hamas should be eradicated if possible, yada, yada. [/bona fides]
aggie93
7:43p, 5/8/24
In reply to woodlees
woodlees said:

Rongagin71 said:

I was unaware of these historical perspectives. With a reputation for spoiling stable governments why on earth would Joe Biden be entertaining bringing them here by the tens of thousands?

The crises we have now will be magnified hundreds of times if Joe brings them here.
That's a feature not a bug for folks like Biden.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Clavell
8:11p, 5/8/24
Failed to mention that Hamas is an off-shoot of the Muslim Brotherhood so Egypt has zero interest in having them back.
2023NCAggies
8:50p, 5/8/24
Joe Biden already planning to bring in refugees

We have the biggest Fing joke in the White House and a party destroying our nation in front of our eyes

Have we not learned our lesson. How can an entire party just not give a F*** and they know it's wrong

And republicans have no backbone to stop them. Hopefully Trump follows through and deports all these losers, trashy ass people crossing the border and Biden is flying in from Mexico and likely Egypt bringing Palestine terrorist

Even if it takes hauling them to Area 51 to fly them out secretly or something.
jenn96
8:57p, 5/8/24
The video covers it. They have been a cancer on every country that accepted them en masse. Fomented civil war in Egypt, moved on to Jordan and started a civil war there, then moved on to Lebanon and destroyed it. Palestinian culture is a literal death cult that maximizes collateral damage as strategy. No sane country wants them. Even their patron Iran only wants them as a weapon against Israel, not to actually emigrate them in and f up their country too.
CanyonAg77
9:18p, 5/8/24
In reply to woodlees
woodlees said:

With a reputation for spoiling stable governments why on earth would Joe Biden be entertaining bringing them here by the tens of thousands?

You asked and answered your own question
Ol Jock 99
9:29p, 5/8/24
Arab governments love the Palestinian cause.

Those same governments could give two ****s about the Palestinian people.
Faustus
9:36p, 5/8/24
In reply to jenn96
jenn96 said:

The video covers it. They have been a cancer on every country that accepted them en masse. Fomented civil war in Egypt, moved on to Jordan and started a civil war there, then moved on to Lebanon and destroyed it. Palestinian culture is a literal death cult that maximizes collateral damage as strategy. No sane country wants them. Even their patron Iran only wants them as a weapon against Israel, not to actually emigrate them in and f up their country too.

Iran patronizes Hamas in Gaza, which takes the money out of expediency, in the same spirit it's given. No Sunni Muslims in the Holy Land are looking to move to Shiite Iran anymore than the Jewish folk in Israel are looking to relocate there. To suggest otherwise seems disingenuous.

Most Palestinians live in the West Bank and have no truck with Iran (which goes for most folks in Gaza too). It doesn't mean much when Sunni backers supported Arafat's similar tactics.

Like displaced Iranians and Lebanese, Palestinians used to be considered more moderate and secular than their more fundamentalist neighbors. Conflict, poverty, and flight tend to leave the remainders more radicalized and religious - and they identify with their local "team" over their common foe. It doesn't make their entire population a death cult (like the terrorists amongst them aspiring to martyrdom), although I imagine they're probably more resigned to their lot than most of the world.
Matt_ag98
9:41p, 5/8/24
In reply to Faustus
Faustus said:

woodlees said:

I was curious too, so I did a rudimentary search on Google using the words Palestinian and refugees as the search query.

As it turns out Lebanon and Jordan are already hosting millions of them. Is the question more why won't they absorb the rest of them so Israel can have the land they were on in peace?

Because on its face that would seem like a non-starter for Lebanon, Jordan, and the millions of refugees there without the need for humorously transparent questions.

Jordan already/still has something like 700,000 Syrian refugees from when Syria kicked off in 2011, I think they are probably "refugeed" out for awhile
CanyonAg77
9:42p, 5/8/24
In reply to Ol Jock 99
Ol Jock 99 said:

Like white liberals. Love black causes, illegal immigrant causes, union causes, Palestinian causes, etc. etc. etc.

Wouldn't be caught dead living in a community or being friends with any of the above
CanyonAg77
9:43p, 5/8/24
In reply to Matt_ag98
Quote:

Jordan already/still has something like 700,000 Syrian refugees

At the Texas border, 700,000 is known as "last week"
Burdizzo
9:43p, 5/8/24
In reply to C@LAg
C@LAg said:

woodlees said:

1. Palestinians in general are trash as a undocumented aliens/refugees in whatever country they reside, and are not worth the headache to deal with them.

2. They are useful tools that Islam can use to thumb its nose at the West and directly impact Israel. That only works when they are in Israel.

3. They are considered disposable people by most of the rest of Islam, and to be honest, most of the rest of the world, until October 7th rolled around and libiots latched onto them for "muh victimization".

4. Generally unskilled, useless, and parasitic.

Speaking of 4

Matt_ag98
9:44p, 5/8/24
In reply to CanyonAg77
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Jordan already/still has something like 700,000 Syrian refugees

At the Texas border, 700,000 is known as "last week"
I was actually thinking that as I typed it out, what glorious times we live in
Faustus
9:49p, 5/8/24
In reply to CanyonAg77
CanyonAg77 said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Like white liberals. Love black causes, illegal immigrant causes, union causes, Palestinian causes, etc. etc. etc.

Wouldn't be caught dead living in a community or being friends with any of the above

I used to say county but it proved unwieldy even if it did display more fervor.
The Shank Ag
10:38p, 5/8/24
Long Answer is much deeper, but the realist and most accurate short answer is don't F with Israel because you might be next on their list. Those in power that aren't devoted extremists will do whatever in they can to remain in power. We have seen it in our own history. Don't lose control/money/celebrity. Islamic extremists are so dangerous because they don't fall into that line of thinking, they actually incorrectly think they are doing Allahs work. Somewhat democratic Islamic countries have people in charge that can control the majority of their people to not make that a problem with legitimately F with Israel.

Palestine doesn't have that. They are split in their numbers by geography and are led by extremists.

Hell, even Iran run by the Ayatollah wasn't stupid enough to make an actual attack by anyone that isn't a proxy, outside of the doomed from the start drone attack they knew wasn't going to work but couple appear their people with.

The only nations or non recognized areas stupid enough to screw around with the US or Israel are Palestine and maybe North Korea. The Taliban wouldn't even dream of doing it.
GeeBee
10:55p, 5/8/24
All those countries are looking at it wrong. They should look at it as "free cultural enrichment".
mjschiller
11:33p, 5/8/24
C@LAg - you are 1000% correct
Gradaggie05
12:22a, 5/9/24
A Palestinian assassinated the king of Jordan's grandfather 70+ years ago. And then they tried to take over the country during a "civil war."
So there's that…
eric76
12:27a, 5/9/24
In reply to woodlees
woodlees said:

Because they don't really care about them. The Palestinians are essentially the trailer trash of the Middle East. They are unwanted and unneeded and will inevitably be a drain on any country stupid enough to take them in.
eaa84059-c3ef-468a-998c-75e682c328fa@8shield.net
peacedude
12:55a, 5/9/24
In reply to Burdizzo
Stupid post by me
MouthBQ98
8:05a, 5/9/24
In reply to Gradaggie05
Gradaggie05 said:

A Palestinian assassinated the king of Jordan's grandfather 70+ years ago. And then they tried to take over the country during a "civil war."
So there's that…

Don't forget Sirhan Sirhan assassinated RFK to interfere with American presidential elections and our foreign policy.
doubledog
8:11a, 5/9/24
In reply to woodlees
woodlees said:

Proxy victims. Take away their victimhood and they are worthless to the "cause"
dBoy99
8:14a, 5/9/24
In reply to woodlees
woodlees said:

Same reason Mexico don't want illegals from Central & South America in Mexico.
LMCane
8:20a, 5/9/24
In reply to agsalaska
agsalaska said:

Because they are smart.
because the Palestinians tried to murder the King of Jordan in 1970 and started a Civil War.

then in 1976 they started a civil war in Lebanon.

then in 1991 they supported Saddam Hussein

then in 2012 they supported Bashar Assad in Damascus

in 2014 they were supporting the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and ISIS

if there is any terrorist or dictator in trouble, the Palestinians are there to provide support and more terrorists.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings