Gas grill took a sh*t
2,160 Views | 15 Replies
FILO505
7:38p, 5/5/24
Ok, all-knowing Outdoors board. Budget is $800 max. 4, 5 or 6 burners. Would absolutely LOVE to be closer to $500 than $800, but gotta pay for quality. I get it

Annnnnnnd, go
TRIDENT
8:10p, 5/5/24
Get a Weber
Strongwind86
8:12p, 5/5/24
In reply to FILO505
Weber. Had mine for 6 years. Fires up every time. Consistent even heat. Do it.
LoneStarBQ
8:27p, 5/5/24
Love the Blackstone
LoneStarBQ Fightin' Texas Aggie Band Class of 89 Midland, TX
f burg ag
8:32p, 5/5/24
I had a Blaze 5 burner. It was a soulless ***** and hard to keep clean. When my wife decided to remodel the entire back yard, including kitchen, my only request was to replace it with a pellet. Got a Yoder. I absolutely love it…..but price would put it out of your range. Worth the investment IMO.
BrazosDog02
9:49p, 5/5/24
Why not a Primo XL? Are you opposed to that? I hauled my Weber to the road 5 months later. Just didn't use it anymore.

If not, Weber is the way.
txrancher69
11:31p, 5/5/24
Take a look at Facebook Marketplace for grills. There are a LOT of them on there all the time and prices can be very reasonable to giveaway.
So three conspiracy theorists walk into a bar.................You can't convince me that's a coincidence.
Teslag
7:09a, 5/6/24
In reply to f burg ag
f burg ag said:

I had a Blaze 5 burner. It was a soulless ***** and hard to keep clean. When my wife decided to remodel the entire back yard, including kitchen, my only request was to replace it with a pellet. Got a Yoder. I absolutely love it…..but price would put it out of your range. Worth the investment IMO.
I've got a Blaze 3 burner and a Blaze griddle. I've had great experiences with them.
RustyBV
11:46a, 5/6/24
Would look at a Grilla Primate, was recently on sale for $825. Gives you a gas grill and griddle top all in one. BarbecueLab.com raves about them, most hybrids sacrifice quality on the gas grill or griddle, but the Primate is great on both.
RynoAg
12:55p, 5/6/24
In reply to TRIDENT
TRIDENT said:

Get a Weber
This! Recently replaced my old 4 burner char broil with a Weber Genesis S-335. Amazing upgrade and we use it every chance we get. Gets very hot quickly, even temp, and flare ups are nearly zero. Looks like the entry Genesis fits your budget. Good luck.
HTownAg98
3:17p, 5/6/24
In reply to txrancher69
txrancher69 said:

Take a look at Facebook Marketplace for grills. There are a LOT of them on there all the time and prices can be very reasonable to giveaway.
This. And, if you go with a Weber, you can find replacement parts fairly easily if you find a Weber gas grill on the cheap that just needs some parts replaced.
AgySkeet06
3:49p, 5/6/24
I got a nice Black Enameled Members Mark branded one from Sams Club 2 years ago and it has held up extremely well. I washed the dust off it sunday afternoon before grilling some fajitas and it looked practically brand new again, The drip tray is heavy duty and very easy to remove and clean, especially if you line it with some heavy duty foil.
BurnetAggie99
4:00p, 5/6/24
Weber is the best. That said my brother bought the Monument Grill Larger 4-Burner Stainless Steel & it's held up extremely well. He got it under $500 bucks. He picked his up at Lowe's.
Cromagnum
4:51p, 5/6/24
Shop around at BBQGuys.com
tsuag10
5:15p, 5/6/24
In reply to FILO505
FILO505 said:

Ok, all-knowing Outdoors board. Budget is $800 max. 4, 5 or 6 burners. Would absolutely LOVE to be closer to $500 than $800, but gotta pay for quality. I get it

Annnnnnnd, go

Watch FB Marketplace for a slightly used big Weber Genesis. Should be able to stay around $500.

They are tried and true, and replacement parts are reasonably priced, easy to find on Amazon, and easy to install. If you take care of it, it will last for a very long time.
FILO505
5:28p, 5/6/24
Thanks for all the suggestions! Had this one over a decade and it's been great. It's just on its last leg and, quite frankly, I want a new one.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings