Tire sealant for UTV and tractor?
1,120 Views | 13 Replies
mhnatt
8:02p, 5/7/24
Any brand/type in particular? I'm constantly plugging thorn holes. I've heard about messing up rims with goop/fix-a-flat and will try to stay away from that. But it sounds like a good sealant will be a good preventative measure for our UTV and tractor?

Brand?
Wodanaz
8:04p, 5/7/24
Flat Out with Kevlar has been great for me in Mexico. Even sealed up a deer antler puncture.
DriftwoodAg
8:12p, 5/7/24
In reply to Wodanaz
Wodanaz said:

Flat Out with Kevlar has been great for me in Mexico. Even sealed up a deer antler puncture.
That's awesome, I wouldn't want to see a deer walking around with a deflated antler
dr_boogs
8:19p, 5/7/24
In reply to mhnatt
LiquiTube.
CS78
8:21p, 5/7/24
Ive been really happy with quadboss. Giant honey locusts thorns are no issue. And it doesn't cost what some of the others do.
Ribeye-Rare
8:54p, 5/7/24
In reply to mhnatt

Since I switched to Ultraseal Bulletproof Grade (seals up to 1/2" punctures) in my tractor tires, I laugh at mesquite thorns.

Purchase at Gemplers or Amazon.

BTW, it's not cheap -- $80 or so for a gallon.
mhnatt
9:28p, 5/7/24
Thanks for the info. Do any of these "ruin" or mess up the wheels when it comes time to change tires?
Wodanaz
10:12p, 5/7/24
In reply to mhnatt
mhnatt said:

Thanks for the info. Do any of these "ruin" or mess up the wheels when it comes time to change tires?

Brush Country Ag
10:59p, 5/7/24
I have had great luck with Multiseal over the years. This Flatout must be the new, improved version.
Wodanaz
11:17p, 5/7/24
In reply to Brush Country Ag
It is.
OneMoonGoon92
9:12a, 5/8/24
Ive had great luck with the Genseal product from Gensco. I went to that product about 6 years ago and its been great. Expensive but great.
mhnatt
6:27a, 5/10/24
Is it common/okay to let these sealants sit in the UTV tires for several years?

Also, our UTV can sit for a few months without being moved (we live part time elsewhere). Wondering if will harden in a lump.
Animal Eight 84
7:20a, 5/10/24
In reply to mhnatt
mhnatt said:

Is it common/okay to let these sealants sit in the UTV tires for several years?

Also, our UTV can sit for a few months without being moved (we live part time elsewhere). Wondering if will harden in a lump.

I found half a bottle of the original Slime green tire sealant cleaning my barn yesterday. Probably >15 years old. Been exposed to summers 100+ and winters in the teens. Still was liquid and flowing.
CS78
7:23a, 5/10/24
In reply to mhnatt
Ive broken tires off after a few years and the quadboss looked the same as when it went in. Never heard of it being a problem with others. Decades might be different.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings