Anyone have local Frontier contact info?
1,146 Views | 5 Replies
Txmoe
10:58a, 3/16/24
Internet from Frontier went out yesterday and they're telling me they can't get a tech out to fix until Monday. Pretty horrible customer service, IMHO. Was happy with them until now.
JP76
3:44p, 3/16/24
Fiber ?

Did you try resetting the modem that is outside in the box as well as the inside modem ?
Pondering65
3:33p, 5/5/24
They have an app that makes contacting VERY easy…
BrazosWifi
8:17p, 5/5/24
In reply to Txmoe
Txmoe said:

Internet from Frontier went out yesterday and they're telling me they can't get a tech out to fix until Monday. Pretty horrible customer service, IMHO. Was happy with them until now.

I'm going to be blunt here.

You are likely on a residential connection with absolutely no guarantees and your house went out on a weekend.

They have monitoring and know if there is a widespread issue and will dispatch someone to repair those. Individual outages are repaired during the work week.

Employees need time off too.

I know people *feel* like internet is as important as air but it's not. Call in your trouble ticket and they will get you fixed up.

If you haven't already done this, reboot your modem and wifi router if you have one.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
Txmoe
9:56p, 5/5/24
In reply to BrazosWifi
BrazosWifi said:

Txmoe said:

I'm going to be blunt here.

You are likely on a residential connection with absolutely no guarantees and your house went out on a weekend.

They have monitoring and know if there is a widespread issue and will dispatch someone to repair those. Individual outages are repaired during the work week.

Employees need time off too.

I know people *feel* like internet is as important as air but it's not. Call in your trouble ticket and they will get you fixed up.

If you haven't already done this, reboot your modem and wifi router if you have one.
LOL! I don't know how this thread got resurrected from 7 weeks ago but it's all good. BrazosWiFi, I'm on here enough to know that you're an active contributor, and try to help people when you can. So I'm good with you being blunt.

As a gentle rebuttal, I'll say that "cutting the cord" means that NOTHING in your house works when your line gets cut (which is what happened to us). We figured out how to get through the weekend using our phones as mobile hotspots but it's not a perfect solution.

I'm still a (mostly) happy Frontier customer but I'll make 2 points: 1) I don't think it's unreasonable to expect faster service from my fiber company when they've encouraged me to ditch cable and rely exclusively on them; and 2) Frontier relies on secondary contractors to provide customer service, so they cannot guarantee quality. The contractor who showed up to get us reconnected told me that the previous guy didn't use the right kind of cable from their box to our house and didn't bury the line deep enough. (All that being said, still better than those godless Sodomites at Suddenlink/Optimum.)

BrazosWifi
7:20a, 5/6/24
Doh! Sorry about posting in an old thread.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings