Tree Trimer
1,436 Views | 14 Replies
cypress-ag
10:34a, 5/7/24
Taking recommendations for someone to clean a tree or two on my property. I contacted on company and was absolutely floored at what they guy wanted just to come out and look at my trees. I had 3 huge oaks back in Cypress and I paid 600 a tree to completely open them up for sun and wind to flow. Guy wanted way more than that for 1 tree. Service companies in CS seem to enjoy abusing new customers in the community.
MyNameIsJeff
10:50a, 5/7/24
We used Sam's a few years ago to clean up some big oaks in our backyard.

I was impressed with them from start to finish.

Showed up and provided a detailed estimate with pictures. I thought their price was very reasonable. Had 5 or 6 guys there to complete the work, all were wearing good PPE, left the yard cleaner than they found it.
A Net Full of Jello
11:00a, 5/7/24
We used High Prairie Tree Works for our dead oak tree. Trey arrived on time and worked his tail off to remove the tree and sand down the stump so well that you would have no idea a tree was ever there. Made it easy to put down some new sod start growing grass over the area. Very pleased with his work. He does tree timing and if his tree removal is any indication, he would do a great job timing (even talked to us about what he would recommend for some of our trees as well as our neighbors). Very knowledgeable and hard working.
cypress-ag
11:51a, 5/7/24
Thanks so much, I love the Texag family when we get great referrals!
AggieCVQ
11:54a, 5/7/24
In reply to MyNameIsJeff
Just got them for an estimate. Impressive so far. Service is in a few weeks.
9dag
12:32p, 5/7/24
Used Top Point Tree earlier this year to take down 4 large, but dead post oaks.

Great on communication, very detailed and did exactly what we discussed.

Easy to work with, would defintitely call them again.
It is time to put the chairs in the wagon
CS78
12:32p, 5/7/24
I might be able to do it for less than anyone else, depending on the extent of what you need done. Cwscott at tamu edu
Rex Racer
1:32p, 5/7/24
Whatever you do, if you get an estimate from Sam's, you had better use them, or forget about ever doing business with them in the future.
legalbird
11:14a, 5/8/24
Get quotes for someone just to cut tree so it falls. Then you could cut once on ground.
aggies4life
11:37a, 5/8/24
Rafael Leal 979-676-5018

I found him on texags. He seemed to be a fav here and I'm glad I went with him. Him and his son cut a ton of tall palm trees for us 25-30 ft tall. Give him a call and get an estimate….he was by far the best value when I looked around.
aggiebeck
10:23a, 5/21/24
We just used this group to take down some trees. Fair price, quality work.
https://ncmissiontreeservices.com
BucketofBalls99
12:30p, 5/22/24
I'm looking for someone who can prune/'thin out' a tree or two so I can get more sunlight through to my grass. Someone who knows what they are doing and won't destroy them.

Not sure what to expect to pay for something like this. I'm sure someone like Top Point can very well do this, but I'm guessing they are going to be on the more expensive end.

Anyone had a job like this done? If so, any of these recs on here able to handle what I'm needing?
MyNameIsJeff
12:43p, 5/22/24
In reply to BucketofBalls99
BucketofBalls99 said:

I'm looking for someone who can prune/'thin out' a tree or two so I can get more sunlight through to my grass. Someone who knows what they are doing and won't destroy them.

Not sure what to expect to pay for something like this. I'm sure someone like Top Point can very well do this, but I'm guessing they are going to be on the more expensive end.

Anyone had a job like this done? If so, any of these recs on here able to handle what I'm needing?
That's pretty much exactly what we had Sam's do a few years ago. They climbed up into several oaks, cleaned them up, and ground a few stumps.

It cost like $1800. I was surprised they had a crew of guys there for over half the day with equipment for that price. I thought it was very fair.
CS78
1:06p, 5/22/24
In reply to BucketofBalls99
How big are the trees? If the cutting is less than about 25ft up, i can do it pretty cheap. And I know the correct way to not butcher them.
Tyler Hope
3:45p, 5/22/24
Howdy! I own Living Tree LLC, an aggie/family owned tree service company in the bcs area. I do free quotes if you want me to swing by and give it a look. You can check out the website below if you want to see some more of what I do but feel free to ask me any questions if they come up! We specialize in tree removals/trimming/pruning over houses, road ways, and other areas that require a special touch. Insured, Experienced, Efficient livingtreellc.us
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings