DMV Appointment
1,124 Views | 14 Replies
AgsWin2011
2:20p, 5/2/24
I'm needing to renew my license but I need to go in person this time. I'm trying to make an appointment online and the quickest I can get in is mid-June.

It says online you have to have an appointment. Is that just a deterrent? In the past, I've seen plenty of people walk-in (granted they wait all day).
ftworthag02
2:53p, 5/2/24
Here's the thread I started 3 months ago
https://texags.com/forums/37/topics/3450788
_lefraud_
7:46p, 5/2/24
Where are you located?
AgsWin2011
8:05p, 5/2/24
In reply to _lefraud_
About 10 miles north of TMS.

Is it worth walking into the one at Argyle or is it strictly by appointment only?
_lefraud_
8:46p, 5/2/24
In reply to AgsWin2011
Every DMV office takes walk in appointments every morning, first come first serve. I'd imagine if you get there by 7am, you shouldn't have a problem getting in.

Also check some of the Mega centers across the metroplex, as they'll likely have appointments you can schedule online a lot sooner than June.
AndersHolmvik
9:26p, 5/2/24
Just did this at the mega center in north Carrollton. Booked an appointment, you can "check in" 30 minutes before your appointment, did that and was probably in and out of the building in 20 minutes.
AgsWin2011
7:00a, 5/3/24
In reply to AndersHolmvik
What are these mega centers you all speak of? Just bigger DMVs?
ftworthag02
8:28a, 5/3/24
my wife scheduled an appointment at Granbury office (45min trip) and got there 20 mins prior to her appointment and they took her immediately and was out in 10mins. I think she said there was only 2 ladies in the office.
_lefraud_
9:51a, 5/3/24
In reply to AgsWin2011
Yes, they are much larger.

_lefraud_
9:52a, 5/3/24
In reply to ftworthag02
Interesting, I didn't realize Granbury got their office back. It had moved to the huge town of Tolar for a few years.
ItsA&InotA&M
12:40p, 5/3/24
In reply to AgsWin2011
AgsWin2011 said:

About 10 miles north of TMS.

Is it worth walking into the one at Argyle or is it strictly by appointment only?

I live in the DFW area and have deer lease near Graham (Young) county. Several years ago, I stopped by the local DPS office, walked in, provided the proper paperwork and was out in 15 minutes.
So the drive and wait time may be comparable to the drive and wait time in DFW.

Call ahead to confirm what paperwork is needed. If you go this route, time it so you can have lunch at The Dinner Bell Restaurant.
ftworthag02
4:35p, 5/3/24
In reply to _lefraud_
yeah I have no idea. That's interesting.
craig09
2:57p, 5/4/24
Had to renew mine just a few weeks ago. DMV website said all centers were 2 months out except for the brand new office in Plano, which was a 2 week wait. Was in and out within 30 mins of my appointment time. I live near OP and the drive back from Plano wasn't bad.
AggieBarstool
2:15p, 5/5/24
I had good experiences at the mega-center in Garland.
JBLHAG03
8:15a, 5/6/24
Mega Center in Fort Worth was a beating, got there 10 min before appt and there was still 40 people in front of us.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings