Judge Lina Hidalgo returns to work
15,437 Views | 101 Replies
Psycho Bunny
4:19p, 10/2/23
Dear People of Harris County:

Thank you to my colleagues, family, and the Harris County community for the outpouring of support that I received after I announced I was seeking inpatient mental health treatment for depression. I have been deeply touched by all the messages that I have received, not only from Harris County residents but from across the country. So many people wrote to me to share their own struggles with mental health and their support for my decision to be public about my journey. I am encouraged that so many in our community agree that treatment for mental illness should be normalized just as seeking treatment any illness is accepted and expected.

After my time in a fantastic inpatient facility, I am feeling a lot better. I am looking forward to being discharged this Saturday, September 16, 2023, starting outpatient care, and re-acclimatizing to life outside a mental health facility. My initial treatment plan had me returning to my regular schedule in September, but my discharge date was moved back, which moves back the re-acclimatization period. The way my doctors explained re-acclimatization to me is that you would not go from heart surgery straight to running a marathon, in the same way that they do not want me to go straight back to my usual schedule.

I am feeling great and looking forward to returning on Monday, October 2, 2023. Thanks to the incredible medical team that has cared for me over the past several weeks, I feel so much stronger than I have ever been.

I continue to maintain lines of communication with my staff and the Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management remains fully prepared to respond to any potential incident, as well as request my presence if necessary.

I am grateful for your continued support. I look forward to sharing more about my experience, and most of all, I am eager to return to the community and the job that I love.

Sincerely,

Lina Hidalgo

Wish she never came back.
Not Funny
4:37p, 10/2/23
What a slap in the face to people who have real mental health issues. She is disgusting.
Cromagnum
5:00p, 10/2/23
In reply to Not Funny
Not Funny said:

What a slap in the face to people who have real mental health issues. She is disgusting.

She's a lib. That's a built-in mental issue that many of us don't have.
TX04Aggie
5:10p, 10/2/23
I really hope more groups just start filing lawsuits to remove her from office like the one from the other day. Just make her go more insane where we run her off for good.
mm98
6:00p, 10/2/23
So I've largely ignored this since I'm not in Harris county

Is there any truth to the rumors it was actually rehab or all just people guessing?
jetch17
6:38p, 10/2/23
She's def back to the "hey everyone I'm back" attention ho'ing on the socials
mortal
7:34p, 10/2/23
The place sure ran a lot smoother these last two months...

No multi-million dollar 'ghost' hospitals. No disappearing flood bond monies. Metro/Toll District reducing fares and tolls. Civil Commissioners' meetings. No indictments. Resumed civil conversations about the Astrodome.

It's been kinda' nice.
Psycho Bunny
7:46p, 10/2/23
In reply to mm98
mm98 said:

So I've largely ignored this since I'm not in Harris county

Is there any truth to the rumors it was actually rehab or all just people guessing?
No one knows for certain, last time she went "away" because of a death in the family, she ended up at 5 star resort.
inconvenient truth
11:55p, 10/2/23
In reply to mortal
mortal said:

The place sure ran a lot smoother these last two months...

No multi-million dollar 'ghost' hospitals. No disappearing flood bond monies. Metro/Toll District reducing fares and tolls. Civil Commissioners' meetings. No indictments. Resumed civil conversations about the Astrodome.

It's been kinda' nice.

Party's over, scooter
Buford T. Justice
6:17a, 10/3/23
How can someone with mental illness lead Harris County?
FarmerJohn
7:31a, 10/3/23
In reply to Buford T. Justice
It's become a prerequisite.
cypress-ag
8:50a, 10/3/23
In reply to Buford T. Justice
Buford T. Justice said:

How can someone with mental illness lead Harris County?
To be honest, we've had people leading Houston with mental illness for years!
jja79
2:47p, 10/3/23
In reply to Psycho Bunny
Is there a link to the letter?
Psycho Bunny
3:22p, 10/3/23
In reply to jja79
jja79 said:

I'm sure there is some where, this was sent to me from a friend, who works for Harris County as a prosecutor.
Velvet Jones
4:41p, 10/3/23
In reply to FarmerJohn
FarmerJohn said:

It's become a prerequisite.
And that one just left the yard in a hurry!

Ciboag96
6:13p, 10/3/23
Guys, guys, don't be bigots. It's called NeuroDiverse. We need more neurodiversity in our elected leaders.
maroon barchetta
10:22p, 10/3/23
Reminder:

This was "normal". When she was feeling good.

htxag09
1:07p, 10/4/23
In reply to Psycho Bunny
Psycho Bunny said:

jja79 said:

I'm sure there is some where, this was sent to me from a friend, who works for Harris County as a prosecutor.
You mean there are some of them left?
maroon barchetta
1:27p, 10/4/23
In reply to htxag09
htxag09 said:

Psycho Bunny said:

jja79 said:

You mean there are some of them left?

The prosecuting and trying of cases still happens.

It's the judging and sentencing part that is the real problem.

Prosecutors can build an airtight case and a jury can find the people guilty, and they sentenced to be turned back out onto the streets on probation as if by magic.
htxag09
1:29p, 10/4/23
In reply to maroon barchetta
Ogg has done what she can to drive away every prosecutor possible....
Bigballin
7:48a, 10/5/23
CBS going to do a piece tomorrow morning how the commandante deals with depression

The liberal media machine has no limits
Ghost91
10:28a, 10/5/23
I automatically hate anyone who uses the phrase "my journey", "my story", "my best/authentic life/self".
I Am A Critic
10:33a, 10/5/23
In reply to Ghost91
Ghost91 said:

I automatically hate anyone who uses the phrase "my journey", "my story", "my best/authentic life/self".
Throw in anyone who uses the term "season of life".
Username checks out.
Diggity
10:55a, 10/5/23
In reply to I Am A Critic
or when they insist that they're "incredibly humbled" as they're bragging about some nonsense.
CheeseSndwch
11:09a, 10/5/23
Don't forget "my struggle" which is always a classic.
Stat Monitor Repairman
12:10p, 10/5/23
Wonder if folks are tip-toeing around her like she could melt down at any time.

You gotta wonder if at the next scheduled meeting somebody is gonna ramp it up.
Al Bula
12:27p, 10/5/23
In reply to CheeseSndwch
CheeseSndwch said:

Don't forget "my struggle" which is always a classic.
Anytime "struggle" is mentioned, it is straight up Marxism.
PeekingDuck
2:11p, 10/5/23
I had always thought it was more fascist and/or islamist.
et98
3:14p, 10/5/23
"My Struggle" ??

That definitely sounds like something Hitler would name his autobiography
rhoswen
4:32p, 10/5/23
I hate the phrase "demand justice." It makes my skin crawl.
Cromagnum
10:14p, 10/5/23
She claims she has been struggling with depression for 8 years and "is eager to share her story".

When responding to critics about needing to step down, with teary eyes she says "it's a stigma".
Stat Monitor Repairman
12:26a, 10/6/23
Maybe being the chief executive the third largest county in the United States isn't the best job for her.

Maybe Lina should lean into her strengths

I wonder if that's ever crossed her mind?
Ciboag96
1:27p, 10/6/23
Worthless as tits on a boar hog
RC_57
3:16p, 10/6/23
In reply to Stat Monitor Repairman
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

I wonder if that's ever crossed her mind?

How long does it take for a thought to cross a vacuum?

Edit to add: Thats assuming she's capable of having a thought.
drumboy
3:30p, 10/6/23
The post on r/Houston is pretty funny.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 3
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE