Primary Care Physician for a Guy
5,225 Views | 37 Replies
vansprinkle
11:07a, 11/7/23
I'm getting to the age where I need to take my health more seriously and am in need of a good PCP. I work off 59 and Buffalo but live out in Katy, so I'm up for anyone in town or out on the west side.

I'm a guy, but don't necessarily need a male doctor, as long as they're good at what they do.

Any suggestions?
SockDePot
11:31a, 11/7/23
https://www.houstonmethodist.org/doctor/sonal-dholakia/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=all_pcg_gmb&utm_content=website-click

This is who I see. She's off I-10 between bingle and Voss, which would be on your way to and from greenway area.

She makes me feel just the right amount of bad about myself for drinking and not taking care of myself now that I'm in my 40's. Also, she has been a good advocate with other doctors for me.

She was pretty extreme with the covid stuff for a while but that has died down. She is usually still wearing a mask though, but not sure I blame her.

She also worked with me and setting goals to not get on medication for things, but still suggests that I should with out being too pushy.

I guess someone had a bad experience on Google with her, but if you look at her Methodist reviews they're pretty high.

Scheduling is pretty easy online, and she and her staff are pretty easy to communicate with and responsive on the my chart app.
Diggity
11:34a, 11/7/23
I like the PCP group at Sunset Clinic a lot.

I go to Paulsel, but he's older so not sure he's taking new patients.
MAROON
11:42a, 11/7/23
I've always used the group at the old "Sunset Clinic" now Medical Center of Houston. I use Radoff now because my previous two guys went concierge only- he's a straight talker - no bs.

Beerosch
11:47a, 11/7/23
In reply to SockDePot
SockDePot said:

https://www.houstonmethodist.org/doctor/sonal-dholakia/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=all_pcg_gmb&utm_content=website-click

This is who I see. She's off I-10 between bingle and Voss, which would be on your way to and from greenway area.

She makes me feel just the right amount of bad about myself for drinking and not taking care of myself now that I'm in my 40's. Also, she has been a good advocate with other doctors for me.

She was pretty extreme with the covid stuff for a while but that has died down. She is usually still wearing a mask though, but not sure I blame her.

She also worked with me and setting goals to not get on medication for things, but still suggests that I should with out being too pushy.

I guess someone had a bad experience on Google with her, but if you look at her Methodist reviews they're pretty high.

Scheduling is pretty easy online, and she and her staff are pretty easy to communicate with and responsive on the my chart app.
I'm in the same boat as the OP, but any doctor described as being extreme with COVID and really big on masks really makes me question if they'd be the right fit for me.
drumboy
11:55a, 11/7/23
I've been going to Dr Benjamin Ifedi at the Memorial Hermann Sports complex off 10 just past 99 for a few years, but have only gone in for a couple things. He was highly recommended by my old boss and I think his Brother is Germain.

https://www.memorialhermann.org/doctors/family-medicine-doctors/dr-benedict-ifedi-md-1134531445
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
Chewy
12:41p, 11/7/23
I've used this guy for a decade and can't say enough good things about him. Very practical and realistic in my visits with him mostly for annual exams.

https://www.memorialhermann.org/doctors/internists/dr-bryan-patterson-md-1558522813
MAS444
1:17p, 11/7/23
In reply to MAROON
Quote:

I've always used the group at the old "Sunset Clinic" now Medical Center of Houston. I use Radoff now because my previous two guys went concierge only- he's a straight talker - no bs.
I used to go to Radoff too and liked him. I wanted to find someone I liked closer to the Heights and have been unsuccessful so far.
Seamaster
1:28p, 11/7/23
I'd like the kind of doctor that wasn't pushing the vax gene therapy shots and would prescribe other drugs to help fight Covid even if they weren't expensive or popular.

Any doctors like that around?
WorthAg95
6:33p, 11/7/23
Dr Magid at "sunset clinic"
maroon barchetta
6:45p, 11/7/23
At a certain age, you need a female doctor with tiny hands.

She is going to glove up and have you assume the position and check your prostate. Better a woman with tiny hands than a dude that can palm a basketball or drop a quarter thru his class ring.
Diggity
7:17p, 11/7/23
In reply to maroon barchetta
good advice in many situations. Helps stroke the ego
AgLiving06
7:47p, 11/7/23
In reply to Diggity
Diggity said:

good advice in many situations. Helps stroke the ego

If you're being stroked by Paulsel there's an entirely different conversation to be had lol.
Diggity
7:56p, 11/7/23
bevokilla
8:06p, 11/7/23
I like Dr Golod in Katy

https://www.utphysicians.com/provider/george-v-golod/
Petrino1
8:08p, 11/7/23
In reply to Diggity
Diggity said:

My PCP is Dr Munsayac from the Sunset Clinic. I cant say enough good things about her. She is down to earth, friendly, and will sit down and listen to you as opposed to just trying to rush you out the door. Not to mention, she isn't hard on the eyes either

She has a 4.95 review on Zocdoc and a ton of reviews.
maroon barchetta
8:15p, 11/7/23
In reply to Petrino1
Petrino1 said:

Diggity said:

My PCP is Dr Munsayac from the Sunset Clinic. I cant say enough good things about her. She is down to earth, friendly, and will sit down and listen to you as opposed to just trying to rush you out the door. Not to mention, she isn't hard on the eyes either

She has a 4.95 review on Zocdoc and a ton of reviews.

The photo you posted is not displaying properly.
MAROON
8:21p, 11/7/23
In reply to Petrino1
She's my wife's doc. Wife speaks very highly of her
Ridge14
8:44p, 11/7/23
Any cypress area recommendations?
MAS444
8:54p, 11/7/23
In reply to Ridge14
Charles Rismyhr is a really good guy. Small hands too.
txags92
9:14p, 11/7/23
Dr Christopher Finnila at Medical Clinic of Houston (aka Sunset Clinic). I have recommended him for years and he is by far the best doc I have ever had. There are several users from Texags that are now patients of his. I honestly have never heard a bad word about any of their docs. They seems to attract a really high quality group of doctors. They have their own group of rooms at Methodist hospital and their own group of hospitalists there who will care for you if a doc from MCH sends you over there. Not sure who their MCH pcp was, but the MCH hospitalist was the one caring for George HW Bush over his last few years before he passed away whenever he ended up at Methodist.
Marvin_Zindler
1:00a, 11/8/23
In reply to WorthAg95
WorthAg95 said:

Love Magid. Great dude.
RK
8:37a, 11/8/23
In reply to maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta said:

She is going to glove up and have you assume the position and check your prostate. Better a woman with tiny hands than a dude that can palm a basketball or drop a quarter thru his class ring.
speak for yourself.
htxag09
8:57a, 11/8/23
In reply to Marvin_Zindler
Marvin_Zindler said:

WorthAg95 said:

Love Magid. Great dude.
This is who I use as well...

Any thought he may go fully to his concierge service he started promoting?
Diggity
9:23a, 11/8/23
In reply to htxag09
that's where the $$$ is for PCP's
AgLiving06
10:27a, 11/8/23
In reply to txags92
txags92 said:

Dr Christopher Finnila at Medical Clinic of Houston (aka Sunset Clinic). I have recommended him for years and he is by far the best doc I have ever had. There are several users from Texags that are now patients of his. I honestly have never heard a bad word about any of their docs. They seems to attract a really high quality group of doctors. They have their own group of rooms at Methodist hospital and their own group of hospitalists there who will care for you if a doc from MCH sends you over there. Not sure who their MCH pcp was, but the MCH hospitalist was the one caring for George HW Bush over his last few years before he passed away whenever he ended up at Methodist.

He's not taking new patients
txags92
10:31a, 11/8/23
In reply to AgLiving06
AgLiving06 said:

txags92 said:

I can understand why. I wonder if his concierge service slots filled up completely already. If not, I wonder if he would accept a new patient via that service?
Marauder Blue 6
10:52a, 11/8/23
In reply to txags92
txags92 said:

AgLiving06 said:

txags92 said:

I can understand why. I wonder if his concierge service slots filled up completely already. If not, I wonder if he would accept a new patient via that service?
I've heard you might have a chance of him taking you as a new patient if you're already a patient with another doctor in the clinic. He's still pimping the concierge service to existing patients.
jbanda
11:35a, 11/8/23
In reply to drumboy
Dr. Ifedi is my primary care physician as well. I've been with him for years. He's a great dude and really cares about his patients.
TexasAggie81
8:12p, 11/8/23
Abel M. Flores, MD
Village Medical / Associates in Medicine
4543 Post Oak Pl Dr #105
Houston, TX 77027
(713) 797-1087

Phenomenal physician. The guy spends a lengthy amount of time with you during your office visit. You are not herded in and herded out. He's genuinely concerned about your physical and mental health. Competent and professional in every way. Asks and explains everything. Thoroughly reviews your labs and discusses them via Zoom. Negotiates (fights) with the insurance companies to get you covered. Prescribes medications responsibly. Once in a lifetime physician. No regrets. None whatsoever.
AJ02
8:54p, 11/8/23
In reply to Seamaster
Seamaster said:

I'd like the kind of doctor that wasn't pushing the vax gene therapy shots and would prescribe other drugs to help fight Covid even if they weren't expensive or popular.

Any doctors like that around?

Yes. Dr. Rochelle Pondt. She's amazing.
texasaggie2015
11:48a, 11/9/23
It's far from you- but sharing in case it helps others reading the thread.

Justin Grissom in Conroe is fantastic. Highly recommend.

Dr. Justin Grissom | Houston Methodist
chewy03
11:44a, 11/18/23
In reply to MAS444
I just started seeing Radoff and I think he is an a**. Very condescending when you ask questions. I switched to him because of the reviews and now looking for another pcp. Anybody had recommendations? I wanted to see Finnila but of course he is not taking new patients.
maroon barchetta
12:17p, 11/18/23
In reply to chewy03
Gregory House was an ass but he was the best.
Ags #1
12:51p, 11/18/23
Love dr magid
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE