Personal Injury Lawyer
1,523 Views | 23 Replies
Funky Winkerbean
9:01a, 4/30/24
I'm in need of an attorney to help me through an injury claim. Several hospitals and insurance companies involved. Thanks for your help. Bonus points for humorous responses.
Ag_07
9:10a, 4/30/24
Irish 2.0
9:14a, 4/30/24
Hamilton Rucker. Mention the referral came from Nice Ash.

https://hamiltonrucker.com/
Dr. Venkman
9:36a, 4/30/24
I think MAS444 is one.
BMX Bandit
9:41a, 4/30/24
rucker has been in the new lately.

whats the basis of injury? i'm on defense side, but could throw out some recommendations based on what happened.
MAS444
10:19a, 4/30/24
Happy to help if I can.

But generally look for folks who are board certified in personal injury law. Not that there aren't great personal injury lawyers who aren't board certified. But it's a great way to weed people out. Also, look at the websites of any recs you get... If they list other practice areas along with personal injury (eg immigration, family law, criminal law, etc...), look elsewhere.

ThunderCougarFalconBird
10:26a, 4/30/24
I'll ask our guy that's on the defense side of that. He knows who's actually good/effective (not billboard lawyers).
bigjag19
10:46a, 4/30/24
In reply to ThunderCougarFalconBird
I would think billboard guys have to be good enough to afford it.

Push and win baby.
MAS444
10:50a, 4/30/24
I would NOT recommend most of the billboard lawyers.
Funky Winkerbean
10:57a, 4/30/24
In reply to BMX Bandit
BMX Bandit said:

rucker has been in the new lately.

whats the basis of injury? i'm on defense side, but could throw out some recommendations based on what happened.

Motor vehicle/pedestrian
Funky Winkerbean
10:58a, 4/30/24
In reply to MAS444
MAS444 said:

Happy to help if I can.

But generally look for folks who are board certified in personal injury law. Not that there aren't great personal injury lawyers who aren't board certified. But it's a great way to weed people out. Also, look at the websites of any recs you get... If they list other practice areas along with personal injury (eg immigration, family law, criminal law, etc...), look elsewhere.

I've spoken to one, and they are in other areas as you mentioned. Why should I avoid them?

Can you post your email? I'll give you the lowdown.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
11:30a, 4/30/24
In reply to bigjag19
bigjag19 said:

that's a volume game. They get a big line of credit and run those marketing campaigns. Goal is to get enough "low hanging fruit" car wreck cases that settle pretty quick and catch some breaks on higher dollar injury cases. Also, they refer a lot of stuff out and simply get a referral fee.

The guys that are truly good at picking a jury and trying a case get their best referrals from their own professional network.
MelvinUdall
11:43a, 4/30/24
Isn't the Texas Hammer the first call? I mean, you aren't a true Houstonian if you aren't calling his office first.
P.H. Dexippus
11:49a, 4/30/24
If it were for myself, I would probably call Rob Ammons. Buzbee and Mo Aziz are good but doubt they take a simple auto-pedestrian, but an associate at their firms may take it.
MAS444
11:50a, 4/30/24
In reply to Funky Winkerbean
Quote:

Can you post your email? I'll give you the lowdown.
removed
MAS444
11:53a, 4/30/24
In reply to Funky Winkerbean
Quote:

I've spoken to one, and they are in other areas as you mentioned. Why should I avoid them?
Jack of many trades, master of none.
Funky Winkerbean
11:55a, 4/30/24
In reply to MAS444
Got it if you want to take your information down.
Jugstore Cowboy
1:52p, 4/30/24
In reply to ThunderCougarFalconBird
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

bigjag19 said:

that's a volume game. They get a big line of credit and run those marketing campaigns. Goal is to get enough "low hanging fruit" car wreck cases that settle pretty quick and catch some breaks on higher dollar injury cases. Also, they refer a lot of stuff out and simply get a referral fee.

The guys that are truly good at picking a jury and trying a case get their best referrals from their own professional network.
Yeah, I was going ask that because I've heard that the billboard and TV lawyers are more like referral businesses than traditional lawfirms. I guess it makes sense for small firms or solos to work with them as sort of a way of pooling their marketing resources, with one caricature mascot in the commercials.
BMX Bandit
2:01p, 4/30/24
In reply to Jugstore Cowboy
Depends on the firm. Adler refers out tons of auto cases he gets called on

Daspit, and Pusch & Nguyen are handing the cases they get calls on. At least the car wrecks.
WestHoustonAg79
3:16p, 4/30/24
Almost a full page in and no mention of "ambulance chaser"

Tough industry for me to respect. While there certainly is a need for this expertise, the chicken **** stuff over shadows that to me.
jja79
7:16p, 4/30/24
In reply to WestHoustonAg79
They're right up there with preachers and doctors.
Mas89
7:26p, 4/30/24
In reply to WestHoustonAg79
Dealing with some of today's biggest insurance companies after their customers have claimed full responsibility for an accident is what is chicken chit. Not to mention the smaller insurance companies that don't return calls or emails about a claim. Texas Department of Insurance is worthless to help also.

I'll gladly hand the next case off to an attorney before I'll deal with it myself again.
agz win
8:58p, 4/30/24
Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, etc. downtown on the bayou. They've helped some folks I know.
WestHoustonAg79
6:29a, 5/1/24
In reply to Mas89
Mas89 said:

Dealing with some of today's biggest insurance companies after their customers have claimed full responsibility for an accident is what is chicken chit. Not to mention the smaller insurance companies that don't return calls or emails about a claim. Texas Department of Insurance is worthless to help also.

I'll gladly hand the next case off to an attorney before I'll deal with it myself again.

Totally get it. I'm just more poking fun at the stereotype of some fat poor lady claiming major back and neck issues after a tap rear ending at a neighborhood red light and the ilk that reps this type of behavior. Likely going for emotional trauma payout as well…
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings