Corpus Christi Food Recommendations
5,210 Views | 14 Replies
mernaggie12
11:49p, 9/1/22
Born and raised in Corpus but left in 2005 and only come back 1-2 times per year. I was wondering if anyone had any food recommendations for a special occasion.

Thanks
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggie87
4:01p, 9/2/22
Boat 'n Net.
Brush Country Ag
7:17p, 9/2/22
The Republic on top of the Omni.
BO297
9:14a, 9/4/22
Vietnam
Republic
Yardarm

All are semi casual with Yardarm being the most casual

Kats 21 if you are on the south side
mernaggie12
10:16a, 9/4/22
We went to Yardarm. Great food and view. Thanks for the recommendations!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tcc66
8:08p, 12/20/22
Besides those listed above we frequent Saltwater Grill, Prime, Z-Counter, Thai Spice, Kiko's and Almedia Taqueria #3 (they open at 4am and close at 1pm).
davido
12:36a, 3/8/23
Celsita's on the island is pretty special Mexican food. Everything I've had so far is lights out.

El Muelle de San Blas migas is pretty legit.
robbio
3:26p, 5/18/23
Seafood at La Ribera
TxAg8908
1:47p, 11/21/23
Water St Oyster bar
YouBet
12:53p, 11/24/23
We just ate at Yola the other day and it was excellent. It's more interior Mexican food.
Johnny Park!
7:33p, 11/27/23
La Playa
The Catfish
10:21a, 12/6/23
Lots of good recommendations already in the thread. Been living here 4 years and here is what we like for date night spots.

Yardarm - semi casual, great seafood, lots of charm in the old building if you are into that sort of thing.

Fork and Vine - new place, still working out the kinks but food was good

Blue Clove - casual, great seafood

Dokyo Sushi - "trendy" for Corpus Christi, but I like the sushi and the cocktails are good

Vietnam - probably some of the better food in town overall, the chateaubriand is great (I think they may only have it on weekends?)

The one place I have started to avoid is Republic. When we first moved here, I enjoyed it, but the last 2 times I have been the service and drinks were great, but the food was not. It wasn't terrible, but not for high end steak house prices. Just my opinion.
WolfCall
1:25p, 1/5/24
Doc's Seafood on north Padre Island - go there to eat seafood and watch the sunset on the Laguna Madre.
SMidgett87
10:53a, 4/23/24
I was in Corpus over the weekend for ZZ Top / Lynyrd Skynyrd. Stayed at the Omni.

I enjoyed Mexican breakfast at Frida's downtown on Starr St. We each had a couple of good breakfast tacos -- one was the best bean/cheese taco I've had (must be great refried beans). I also liked the warm ranchero salsa (I think that was what the waitress called it). I had horchata to drink - not quite as good as the place I get it in Austin, but still very good. Other people near us had plates as opposed to tacos. Good portion size and good prices -- especially for downtown (of course I am used to overpriced Austin!). Overall, I thought Frida's was tasty, and I didn't see it listed in this thread.
robbio
10:56a, 4/27/24
El Camino in CC Town
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE