Lake Belton full
1,141 Views | 7 Replies
The Grinder (99)
6:19a, 5/6/24
First Time in a couple years. This weekend's rain did it. Now at 597 this AM (594 full)
c-jags
8:26a, 5/6/24
I heard we were having to let out for the first time in a long while.

Seeing the old bridges and islands when i drove out towards gatesville on 36 was always pretty depressing the last year or so.

Grateful for the rain, Lord. Please stop.
EMY92
3:12a, 5/7/24
Both Belton and Waco increased by about 12' on Sunday.

Waco is at 480', full is 462. At the same time last year, it was 10' under.
justnobody79
1:34p, 5/7/24
they are not releasing anything yet due to downstream flooding considerations. 594' is the normal pool level but full would when it runs over the spillway.
agsalaska
2:23p, 5/7/24
It is a beautiful sight isnt it.

Now I kind of regret not going to explore the 36 area while it was way down but I just don't have that type of adventure in me anymore.

They closed our boat ramp yesterday.

My wife and I were joking the other day that they probably don't know if the floodgates even work. I drove over the dam earlier today and they were closed. It is pretty impressive when they open them.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
c-jags
3:55p, 5/7/24
In reply to agsalaska
agsalaska said:

It is a beautiful sight isnt it.

Now I kind of regret not going to explore the 36 area while it was way down but I just don't have that type of adventure in me anymore.

They closed our boat ramp yesterday.

My wife and I were joking the other day that they probably don't know if the floodgates even work. I drove over the dam earlier today and they were closed. It is pretty impressive when they open them.
i was wrong about letting out. i think i got that confused with my family on Lake Houston.

When i used to run miller springs and they were letting out it was deafening and pretty awesome to watch.
agsalaska
3:59p, 5/7/24
In reply to c-jags
I think they are planning too. I have heard that several times around town.

My neighbors across the street have the million dollar views, but from my house I can hit a 3 wood into Lake Belton. I live right here. At least I can now. It was a Par 5 until last week.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
BMach
10:13p, 5/23/24
So are they pumping from Stillhouse down to Georgetown since Stillhouse is way over full and Georgetown still lacks 3 ft till full?
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings