Anybody else Hate F****** Thieves?! Need some Help guys
2,117 Views | 20 Replies
_veeyah_
10:08a, 5/1/24
Alright guys, I live in the surrounding areas of Houston and as some of y'all know they steal trucks left and right like no other. Within the past couple of months they have stolen 4-5 trucks in my area and of course all of them were GMC or Silverados, it's only a matter of time before they start hitting my street and they start looking at my '22 Trailboss. From the videos that people post, these lowlifes are using a programmer and it literally takes them seconds to get in and out.

I guess what I'm asking is what are you guys using in your trucks to help prevent these lowlifes from taking your truck or at least slows them down that they have to think twice about it? I was trying to do a search if somebody else had a thread on this topic but couldn't find one. If there is one sorry, please ignore and direct me there. TIA
P.H. Dexippus
10:16a, 5/1/24
In reply to _veeyah_
To prevent outright theft, Ravelco is the gold standard but you will lose remote start.

To prevent the popular relay attack, keep your keys in a faraday pouch.
Jethro95
10:17a, 5/1/24
^This.

Also, IGLA is more expensive than Ravelco but allows you to keep your remote start.
Silvy
10:24a, 5/1/24
Bought a Ford
Teslag
10:32a, 5/1/24
What year models were stolen?
Canyon99
10:33a, 5/1/24
Park the vehicle in your garage, if available.
_veeyah_
10:48a, 5/1/24
Most of the trucks that were stolen were 2020 and higher. I wish I could put it inside the garage but my dumba$$ put a lift on it, so can't do nothing bout it now. Hahah

I'm looking at Revelco and IGLA right now, I had never even heard of them. Thanks guys!
agnerd
10:57a, 5/1/24
Anything with a 6._ engine is a target in addition to the last 5 years. They stole my 2003 GMC while bypassing a lot of newer and nicer GMCs. Or maybe it was just easier to steal.
Buck Turgidson
11:15a, 5/1/24
I guess that's why GMC dealer on 1960 had those antitheft bars across the steering wheels in the trucks outside on their lot.
BenTheGoodAg
11:20a, 5/1/24
We need a '****ing thieves stole my truck' sticky thread on this board.
PharmD4
4:34p, 5/1/24
It's absolutely, mind numbingly frustrating that in order to live in certain US cities, civilians have to spend time, energy, effort, and money towards aftermarket antitheft solutions because we can't curtail this unabated thievery. And to see tax dollars go in every direction except useful initiatives….

If you get your stuff jacked in a major Texas city and don't have an antitheft system in place, people make it sound like it's your fault…like you're the crazy person.

Every time I see these threads, my head spins. It's insane.

htxag09
9:57a, 5/2/24
In reply to P.H. Dexippus
P.H. Dexippus said:

To prevent outright theft, Ravelco is the gold standard but you will lose remote start.

I've posted this before, but I think fewer trucks are stolen via this method than people think. Does it happen? Sure. But I know 3 guys with Silverados/Tahoes that got stolen and all 3 were on video. They cut the horn from the grill, broke in, alarm was going off but no audio, were in the truck for less than 2 minutes, than drove away.

And all 3 of them bought the same truck as a replacement.
agracer
11:15a, 5/2/24
In reply to P.H. Dexippus
P.H. Dexippus said:

How does this work exactly? Is it when you start the truck, in which case you'll have the keys out of of the faraday pack, or when the keys are in your house, pocket, ?????
P.H. Dexippus
12:07p, 5/2/24
In reply to agracer
There are better videos out there, but these explain it:

This shows it:
P.H. Dexippus
12:09p, 5/2/24
Neighbor directly across the street had his F-250 stolen from his driveway via relay attack 5mos ago, all on video. They immediately disabled FordPass to prevent the truck being tracked or disabled.
Jason_InfinityRoofer
1:20p, 5/2/24
How does a relay attack work? Why is that guy carrying something that looks like a tv antenna ?

My truck just needs a good old fashioned screwdriver to get in and start. Lol.
EMY92
1:33p, 5/2/24
With the Igla or Ravelco, even if they swap out the ECM with their own, it's not going to start.

I added an Igla to my Raptor last Fall. I may use a Club as a visual deterrent when I am in certain areas, mainly to try to prevent the damage they'll do getting into the truck.

That said, I can toss you my keys and you're not driving away in my truck.
_veeyah_
1:45p, 5/2/24
In reply to EMY92
EMY92 said:

With the Igla or Ravelco, even if they swap out the ECM with their own, it's not going to start.

I added an Igla to my Raptor last Fall. I may use a Club as a visual deterrent when I am in certain areas, mainly to try to prevent the damage they'll do getting into the truck.

That said, I can toss you my keys and you're not driving away in my truck.

How much did that Igla cost you?

The truck they stole in my area they were in and out in less than 90 seconds. 2 guys, one of them getting in the truck the other with a programmer on his left hand and a gun on his right. Wasn't even my truck but it pissed me off, people working hard to buy themselves things they'll enjoy and these f****** lowlifes just go in there and steal their stuff.
EMY92
1:50p, 5/2/24
In reply to _veeyah_
$1200 taxes included.
1agswitchin4lanes
3:44p, 5/4/24
Sentinel Gun
akaggie05
8:25a, 5/7/24
Think I saw it on here where a guy wired in a second horn in a hidden location. They cut the wires through the grille and then the horn still goes off. Seems like a decent option as a cheap last line of defense.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings