aftermarket cooling system for Tahoe
1,106 Views | 16 Replies
gonemaroon
12:03p, 5/2/24
I bought a Z71 had no idea it didn't have air conditioned seats - anyhow was thinking of after market upgrading -

Has anyone done this and have any words of wisdom?

https://katzkin.com/ - this is what was recommended to me does anyone have any positive or negative experiences with this brand?

Thank you
1agswitchin4lanes
12:05p, 5/2/24
Super expensive to buy and install. But really the only option.

Short of buying oem seats from a wreck and trying to wire it up.
Corps_Ag12
11:19a, 5/4/24
Here's another option besides Katskin

I dunno how well ventilated heat works compared to coils found in factory systems
gonemaroon
4:16a, 5/5/24
Someone told me you can just call the Chevy dealership and nab one off the line and have them put air conditioned seats in them at the factory level? Is that bs?

I still cannot believe the Z71's didn't come with them in it.
sts7049
4:50a, 5/5/24
sounds like total BS. and even if possible stupid waste of money
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
11:47a, 5/5/24
In reply to gonemaroon
gonemaroon said:

Someone told me you can just call the Chevy dealership and nab one off the line and have them put air conditioned seats in them at the factory level? Is that bs?

I still cannot believe the Z71's didn't come with them in it.

I think you need to make sure it's the LTZ Z71s. I have a Texas edition Silverado and it's got AC/Heated seats.
Corps_Ag12
4:12p, 5/5/24
During the great Covid chip shortage they were producing them without a/c seats and heated steering wheels
gonemaroon
5:05a, 5/6/24
In reply to Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Is that edition in Tahoe or truck?
reproag
8:35a, 5/6/24
In reply to 1agswitchin4lanes
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Super expensive to buy and install. But really the only option.

Short of buying oem seats from a wreck and trying to wire it up.
I've had them installed in a few vehicles. Like 1ags said super expensive and they do not cool as well as factory seats, but are your only aftermarket option that I know of.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
9:14a, 5/6/24
In reply to gonemaroon
gonemaroon said:

Is that edition in Tahoe or truck?
Used to be in both but not sure about the newer editions. My truck is 2017.
gonemaroon
1:46a, 5/7/24
I called a dealer and asked if I could order from the factory on a new Z71 Tahoe, just waiting for them to figure that out now.
CyAg86
7:20a, 5/7/24
Yukon AT4 comes with a/c seats, the Z71's do not. One reason why I went with the AT4, along with the retractable running boards.
1agswitchin4lanes
8:26a, 5/7/24
In reply to gonemaroon
gonemaroon said:

I called a dealer and asked if I could order from the factory on a new Z71 Tahoe, just waiting for them to figure that out now.

You can't.

Premier and up.
AgGrad99
9:47a, 5/7/24
My Z71 truck has them (LTZ)...not sure about the Tahoe. Hopefully they'll let you custom order it.

Honestly, I can do without so many of the bells and whistles on my truck, but the ventilated seats is a must-have in Texas now. I'm shocked it took us this long to come up with AC in the seats, but it's the one creature comfort I cannot do without now.
1agswitchin4lanes
10:03a, 5/7/24
In reply to AgGrad99
AgGrad99 said:

My Z71 truck has them (LTZ)...not sure about the Tahoe. Hopefully they'll let you custom order it.

Honestly, I can do without so many of the bells and whistles on my truck, but the ventilated seats is a must-have in Texas now. I'm shocked it took us this long to come up with AC in the seats, but it's the one creature comfort I cannot do without now.

I used to not appreciate heated and cooled. But the heated is great on my back. I can't say I can't live without them, but it sure makes it easier for those long drives to Monahans.
AgGrad99
10:11a, 5/7/24
In reply to 1agswitchin4lanes
You're not lying. I used to rarely use the heated seats...but it does help my back, and I use them quite a bit now.

This is how we know we're getting old
1agswitchin4lanes
10:19a, 5/7/24
In reply to AgGrad99
AgGrad99 said:

You're not lying. I used to rarely use the heated seats...but it does help my back, and I use them quite a bit now.

This is how we know we're getting old

AC on max in my face and heaters on my azz and back
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode