Rule 1 - 2024 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy
1,855 Views | 20 Replies
dubi
11:11p, 5/4/24
More pics tomorrow as we just got home.

I am excited to have air conditioned seats this summer!

HollywoodBQ
11:34p, 5/4/24
In reply to dubi
That one didn't come with the knob?
dubi
9:09a, 5/5/24
In reply to HollywoodBQ
HollywoodBQ said:

That one didn't come with the knob?
Shifter knob? My shifter is simply buttons for park, drive, and reverse.
dubi
11:06a, 5/5/24
Dash cam install is less fun.
The Pilot
12:18p, 5/5/24
My wife has a 2024 calligraphy too. She likes it.
P.H. Dexippus
12:27p, 5/5/24
In reply to dubi
When are these automakers going to support recording using the built in cameras? We shouldn't have to install a second system.
Guitarsoup
12:33p, 5/5/24
In reply to P.H. Dexippus
P.H. Dexippus said:

When are these automakers going to support recording using the built in cameras? We shouldn't have to install a second system.
You mean like Tesla has done for years?
dubi
1:11p, 5/5/24
In reply to P.H. Dexippus
P.H. Dexippus said:

I am 100% sure Mr Dubi agrees as he spent quite a long time hiding the wires.
PMD03
1:13p, 5/5/24
In reply to dubi
dubi said:

How long did you let Mr. Dubi go at it before letting him know that the dash is on the other side of the car?
dubi
1:23p, 5/5/24
In reply to PMD03
PMD03 said:

dubi said:

How long did you let Mr. Dubi go at it before letting him know that the dash is on the other side of the car?
In his defense, he was running the wires for the rear cam. The fun part is when I closed him into the hatch area so he could mount the camera. Then I wandered off and forget to let him out.
dubi
2:04p, 5/5/24
HUD is amazing. Shows me my speed and the speed limit.

YouBet
3:33p, 5/5/24
In reply to dubi
dubi said:

HUD is amazing. Show me my speed and the speed limit.

I'll be a Debbie Downer. I have HUD on my 2016 and never even notice it. I thought it would be convenient, but it blends into the environment and is practically invisible. Your eye glosses right over it after you initially register it.

I find it to be useless.
IowaAg07
4:25p, 5/5/24
In reply to YouBet
I use my HUD all the time. It takes me awhile to adjust when I drive something without a HUD, I find myself having to purposely look down at the cluster.
IowaAg07
4:25p, 5/5/24
In reply to dubi
Sharp ride! What did you go with for a dash cam? I've been looking at a Vantrue N4 but I'm dreading running the wires. I have the trim tools but last time I installed a dashcam it took a lot longer than I expected to get the wiring run without getting in the way of the side curtain airbags. My old car was easy to get the adapter to the fuse box working, but I never did get my wife's car working because the radio system controlled the auxillary circuits and kept turning it off.
dubi
5:57p, 5/5/24
I have a 4 yo BlackVue 2 channel cam that we removed from my Santa Fe and just re-installed in the new car. Nice but $$$$.
dubi
5:59p, 5/5/24
Rule 1

Guitarsoup
6:03p, 5/5/24
Very nice. Big upgrade to the Santa Fe!
Mr. Dubi
6:26p, 5/5/24
In reply to IowaAg07
I have a Vantrue N4 pro 3in my car. The wifi just plain works! Wifi was the biggest complaint with the Blackvue cameras in the reviews. It is also bit cheaper than the Blackvue camera.

Either get the wiring kit for ~$20, or a ten pin connector for your rearview mirror. As for the side curtain airbags, just leave a little extra slack. The system in Dubi's old car came out simply by a gentle tug, the airbags deploy with such force, the cable shouldn't be an issue at all.
dubi
7:57p, 5/5/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

Huge upgrade!

3 rows of heated and ventilated seats. This summer my butt will be cool!
Sweet Kitten Feet
10:46p, 5/6/24
In reply to dubi
It also shows blind spot warning, song info, turn by turn off you use built in nav, plus where other vehicles are. The highway drive assist and posture assist are great on long drives
1agswitchin4lanes
6:28a, 5/7/24
In reply to dubi
dubi said:

Guitarsoup said:

Huge upgrade!

3 rows of heated and ventilated seats. This summer my butt will be cool!

Time to clean the garage out!
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off