At least all the t-shirt Aggie fans are
7,832 Views | 60 Replies
MarathonAg12
8:16a, 10/3/21
finally jumping off the bandwagon. Stop paying attention to those so damn negative and have no ties to the school. People who never graduated from tu or A&M seem to let college football take over their well-being to a point where it becomes insufferable.

We will have ups and downs in football but Aggieland will always be home and the best damn campus on the planet. I was a prospective student during Fran's last years and my first Aggie football game was us losing to Arkansas State under Mike Sherman. If all you want is football and that's your only measure of value in the University then go follow some other school. If you got an Aggie Ring, where it with pride and remember those were the best four years of your life. Gig 'Em!
VatoLocoAggie
8:16a, 10/3/21
In reply to MarathonAg12
Amen, brother
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
caleblyn
8:19a, 10/3/21
I would not call myself a t-shirt fan, but being honest…

My son and I go to one game every year. This year, that game is SC. However, at this point, I am really balking at the idea of traveling 6-1/2 hours to watch poop.

By the time the game gets here in three weeks, maybe my opinion will change.
Battered.Ag
8:30a, 10/3/21
In reply to MarathonAg12
MarathonAg12 said:

If all you want is football and that's your only measure of value in the University then go follow some other school.
Think you're a bit lost, bro. This forum is called "Aggie Football"
My Name Is Judge
8:31a, 10/3/21
I've got an A&M degree

Also this coaching staff is dog****
MarathonAg12
8:39a, 10/3/21
In reply to Battered.Ag
Battered.Ag said:

MarathonAg12 said:

If all you want is football and that's your only measure of value in the University then go follow some other school.
Think you're a bit lost, bro. This forum is called "Aggie Football"

Username checks out
Drake aTm
8:39a, 10/3/21
Good riddance
Muy
8:50a, 10/3/21
We're at the point where the real problem is the fans.
DGAG92
8:58a, 10/3/21
In reply to Muy
Muy said:

No we're at the point to where we're ****ing tired of seeing our dip**** powers that be throw $75,000,000 to a guy and then up it to $90,000,000 like its nothing, only to see the same bull**** we've been seeing for years. There's a boiling point and we've reached it.
Class of 1992
NavyVetAg
8:58a, 10/3/21
I resemble this criticism. I had always wanted to go to A&M, I didn't. I chose to serve my country instead of going to college out of high school. I grew up near there, most of my family and friends went there, it's an exclusive club - I get it. But I've always supported the team and I have suffered a whole bunch of bad seasons in my 49 years. I'll be at the game next week. Rain or shine. Win or lose.
geoag58
8:59a, 10/3/21
In reply to Muy
Muy said:

Last night the fans were literally the reason the game was as close as it was.
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
DGAG92
9:00a, 10/3/21
In reply to NavyVetAg
NavyVetAg said:

I resemble this criticism. I had always wanted to go to A&M, I didn't. I chose to serve my country instead of going to college out of high school. I grew up near there, most of my family and friends went there, it's an exclusive club - I get it. But I've always supported the team and I have suffered a whole bunch of bad seasons in my 49 years. I'll be at the game next week. Rain or shine. Win or lose.

Oh but some of these arrogant *******s would call you a t-shirt fan. You're not!! Thank you for your choices!!
Class of 1992
Just Tired
9:05a, 10/3/21
In reply to MarathonAg12
MarathonAg12 said:

We will have ups and downs in football.

just make sure to set your "ups" threshold somewhere below conference championship or you can go a couple of decades without any "ups".
VatoLocoAggie
9:10a, 10/3/21
In reply to NavyVetAg
NavyVetAg said:

You should get a Spirit Tag.
Thank you for your service to our great nation.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
MarathonAg12
9:24a, 10/3/21
In reply to NavyVetAg
NavyVetAg said:

I chose to to serve my country too. Commissioned out of the Corps of Cadets. Thank you for your service NavyVetAg. You deserve a SpiritTag! Let's see what we can do!
MontanaAg92
9:27a, 10/3/21
In reply to My Name Is Judge
Same. Jimbo is a fraud.
The Fran-chise
9:37a, 10/3/21
In reply to Muy
Muy said:

No, just a way to make himself feel better about a loss by putting other people down. It's a coping mechanism.
spherical
9:40a, 10/3/21
In reply to The Fran-chise
To be fair he's just putting down people that are trying to make themselves better by crying in public
Ol_Ag_02
9:43a, 10/3/21
Yay! Let's toast our mediocrity by celebrating our reduction in fan base! It's clearly the smart thing to do!
MarathonAg12
9:47a, 10/3/21
In reply to Ol_Ag_02
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Yay! Let's toast our mediocrity by celebrating our reduction in fan base! It's clearly the smart thing to do!

I chose the wrong year for Sober October. I need a hug, dog and blunt.
Maroon Dawn
9:55a, 10/3/21
1) This is the FB board not the Aggieland board

2) You don't have to be an Alum to see that this team is dog **** and the blame squarely falls on the coaching staff recruiting for giving us a huge whiff at back up QB that doesn't belong in P5 football and a line with zero experience
the_batman26
2:44p, 10/3/21
In reply to MarathonAg12
If you attended, I think you're frustrated but understanding of where this team is experience-wise. If you waltzed in with Jimbo, you won't.
death from below
‘18
NavyVetAg
2:47p, 10/3/21
In reply to VatoLocoAggie
That's cool. Don't really need a tag. Maybe a "little brother" tag for graduating from Commerce after I left the Navy.
whytho987654
2:50p, 10/3/21
Yes yes just keep being a pumper and support dogs*** or you must be a sip or tshirt fan! Oh and no Ag tag? You must not have went to A&M!

Man people who post this crap on this site are brain dead
greg.w.h
2:51p, 10/3/21
In reply to DGAG92
DGAG92 said:

Muy said:

No we're at the point to where we're ****ing tired of seeing our dip**** powers that be throw $75,000,000 to a guy and then up it to $90,000,000 like its nothing, only to see the same bull**** we've been seeing for years. There's a boiling point and we've reached it.
He''s completing four years at $7.5 million per year so he gets about 7/12th of $7.5 plus $94.5 million guaranteed from 2022 to 2031.

With that said: we were roughly half a game from a CFP semi invite last year.
Btron
2:53p, 10/3/21
4 years?!?!?
Nice humble brag, genius!
You know a lot people go to college for 7 yrs….
Hehateme1
2:55p, 10/3/21
I'm a t-shirt fan. Had season tickets back in the 80's and early 90's. Proposed to my wife as the Ags romped LSU 20-0 at Kyle. Rodney Thomas broke an 80 yd TD run that day. Was there for ALL the Cotton Bowls until Tennessee. Took a 20 year break from season tickets as we were raising kids. Started back about 5 years ago. Opted out last year and let the 12th Man Foundation keep it all. If you don't mind, I'd like to keep supporting the Ags win, lose or draw.

If not, you're not the boss of me. I'll do it anyway.
cevans_40
2:57p, 10/3/21
My Name Is Judge said:

I've got an A&M degree

And you would know what a good coaching staff does how exactly?
cevans_40
2:58p, 10/3/21
In reply to DGAG92
DGAG92 said:

Muy said:

I am so sorry for your loss.
Muy
3:06p, 10/3/21
In reply to geoag58
geoag58 said:

Muy said:

Last night the fans were literally the reason the game was as close as it was.

The 12th Man never lets me down.
Class of 65
3:38p, 10/3/21
In reply to MarathonAg12
MarathonAg12 said:

finally jumping off the bandwagon. Stop paying attention to those so damn negative and have no ties to the school. People who never graduated from tu or A&M seem to let college football take over their well-being to a point where it becomes insufferable.

We will have ups and downs in football but Aggieland will always be home and the best damn campus on the planet. I was a prospective student during Fran's last years and my first Aggie football game was us losing to Arkansas State under Mike Sherman. If all you want is football and that's your only measure of value in the University then go follow some other school. If you got an Aggie Ring, where it with pride and remember those were the best four years of your life. Gig 'Em!
Huh ? Nothing much has changed since 1956
alamogeorge
3:41p, 10/3/21
My Name Is Judge said:

I've got an A&M degree

But also your opinions have been consistently dog*****
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
TexasAggiesWin
3:46p, 10/3/21
In reply to MarathonAg12
MarathonAg12 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

I chose the wrong year for Sober October. I need a hug, dog and blunt.
Time to turn that around! Bender until December!
DarthAggie12
3:51p, 10/3/21
Let us all be careful with comments about "t-shirt fans". That's a programs main PR tool. Ask that overblown HS in Austin. Or that overblown private HS in South Bend...

And seeing those recent comments by Herbstreit, inside that limo... A&M needs t-shirt fans, now, more than ever. Cause there'll never be REAL respect from the media. ESPN, CBS, or otherwise.
Kellso
3:55p, 10/3/21
I love the team when they win and hate them with a burning hot passion when they lose. That does not make me a fair weather fan, or a bandwagon jumper.

Give this thing some time. I see it turning around.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings