As predicted & mocked crowd fund investing for athletes is here - https://finlete.co
7,795 Views | 54 Replies
NowhereMan
12:43p, 2/17/23
A while back I suggested crowd fund investing would follow million dollar NIL contracts.
The usual sarcasm which I mostly funny was thrown at the concept.
The business and investment section is back.

https://finlete.com/

rootube
1:15p, 2/17/23
Do they accept bitcoin?
12thMan9
1:44p, 2/17/23
In reply to rootube
rootube said:

Do they accept bitcoin?

Or Chuck E Cheese tickets?
Ronnie '88
Know Your Enemy
1:47p, 2/17/23
I'll pay in Schrute Bucks.
Craigy
1:50p, 2/17/23
I've converted all my USD to PHP
greg.w.h
3:02p, 2/17/23
In reply to Craigy
Craigy said:

I've converted all my USD to PHP
https://www.php.net/
Jugstore Cowboy
3:10p, 2/17/23
In reply to Know Your Enemy
Know Your Enemy said:

I'll pay in Schrute Bucks.
How much in Stanley nickels?
nu awlins ag
4:58p, 2/17/23
Boardwalk or Park Place?
CoolAggie
5:20p, 2/17/23
HEB Buddy Bucks. LFG!
$240 Worth of Pudding
5:29p, 2/17/23
OP is a woman
RobConnolly
6:12p, 2/17/23
Hello Everyone, my name is Rob Connolly. I am actually the Co-Founder and CEO of Finlete. We are primarily focused in baseball. However, I am happy to answer any questions you may have about how Finlete works.

Thanks,

Rob Connolly
rob@finlete.com
greg.w.h
7:54p, 2/17/23
In reply to RobConnolly
RobConnolly said:

Hello Everyone, my name is Rob Connolly. I am actually the Co-Founder and CEO of Finlete. We are primarily focused in baseball. However, I am happy to answer any questions you may have about how Finlete works.

Thanks,

Rob Connolly
rob@finlete.com
Thanks Rob. Do you have a prospectus on your hedge fund?
Know Your Enemy
8:15p, 2/17/23
In reply to RobConnolly
RobConnolly said:

Thanks,

Rob Connolly
rob@finlete.com

How much did you pay OP to start this thread?
vander54
8:27p, 2/17/23
Know Your Enemy said:

RobConnolly said:

Thanks,

Rob Connolly
rob@finlete.com

OP is Rob's sock
World's worst proofreader
riverrataggie
8:59p, 2/17/23
Say one hits the 1/1000 chance of selecting an athlete. How do you get your money back from the investment?
Great2BeAnAGGIE
11:59a, 2/18/23
Something about a fool and his money
RobConnolly
9:44p, 2/18/23
In reply to riverrataggie
riverrataggie said:

Say one hits the 1/1000 chance of selecting an athlete. How do you get your money back from the investment?

Great question.

Here is how our process works.

We use machine learning to help us select a minor-league athlete to invest in. Our algorithm likes players like Vaun Brown with the SF Giants. Vaun signed for $7,500 in the 10th round in the 2022 draft. During his first year in the minors, he went from Rookie Ball to AA. He was named the SF Giants' minor league player of the year.

Ok, let's get to your question. Full disclosure, we have not signed Vaun Brown. But we are going to use him in this example.

Step 1: We meet with Vaun Brown and offer him a Future Earning Contract(FEC). Let's offer him $500k for 10% of his future earnings.

Step 2: Vaun accepts the terms, and we execute the contract and wire him $500k.

Step 3: We register a Reg A+ with the SEC. This is a mechanism the SEC has created that allows a company to raise capital from accredited and non-accredited investors. (this is expensive but worth the benefit)

Step 4: We then create 100,000 shares in Vaun Browns FEC. We sell 90,000 shares to fans to cover the cost of signing Vaun Brown and creating the Reg A+.

Step 5: Let's say Vaun Brown has a good Major League Career and makes $100M. This is how the breakdown works.

Total Shares: 100,000
Future Earning Contract: 10%
Price Per Share: $6
Your hypothetical investment: $600

Career Earnings: $100,000,000
FEC 10%: $10,000,000
Return per Share: $100

Shares Owned: 100
Return: $10,000

Here is a Google Sheet I made for you: GOOGLE SHEET

Remember that the return is paid out directly from the athlete's paycheck. You don't get the $10,000 right away, but over the contract's life.

The fascinating piece to this is the Athlete Investment Portal(AIP). As an investor, you will gain access to the AIP to athletes you have invested in. In this portal, you will get exclusive content, investor forums, virtual meet and greets, and the ability to purchase investor-only merch.

Links you can check out:
Tatis Jr. took a Future Earning Contract.
Finlete on WeFunder
Blog on Finlete

Happy to answer any additional questions!

RobConnolly
9:55p, 2/18/23
Know Your Enemy said:

RobConnolly said:

Thanks,

Rob Connolly
rob@finlete.com

Haha, truthfully, I have no idea who OP is, but I was trying to find why finlete.com had over 700 visitors from TexAgs.com.

When I searched google, I found this thread. I guess I owe OP a six pack!
RobConnolly
9:57p, 2/18/23
In reply to greg.w.h
RobConnolly
9:58p, 2/18/23
In reply to greg.w.h
greg.w.h said:

RobConnolly said:

Thanks,

Rob Connolly
rob@finlete.com
Thanks Rob. Do you have a prospectus on your hedge fund?
Hi Greg,

Here are a few links that will provide you more information on our business.

https://wefunder.com/finlete
https:/finlete.co/deck

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

rob@finlete.com
OrygunAg
10:59a, 2/19/23
Math

Shares Owned: 10
riverrataggie
3:23p, 2/19/23
In reply to RobConnolly
RobConnolly said:

riverrataggie said:

Great question.

We use machine learning to help us select a minor-league athlete to invest in. Our algorithm likes players like Vaun Brown with the SF Giants. Vaun signed for $7,500 in the 10th round in the 2022 draft. During his first year in the minors, he went from Rookie Ball to AA. He was named the SF Giants' minor league player of the year.

Ok, let's get to your question. Full disclosure, we have not signed Vaun Brown. But we are going to use him in this example.

Step 1: We meet with Vaun Brown and offer him a Future Earning Contract(FEC). Let's offer him $500k for 10% of his future earnings.

Step 3: We register a Reg A+ with the SEC. This is a mechanism the SEC has created that allows a company to raise capital from accredited and non-accredited investors. (this is expensive but worth the benefit)

Step 4: We then create 100,000 shares in Vaun Browns FEC. We sell 90,000 shares to fans to cover the cost of signing Vaun Brown and creating the Reg A+.

Step 5: Let's say Vaun Brown has a good Major League Career and makes $100M. This is how the breakdown works.

Remember that the return is paid out directly from the athlete's paycheck. You don't get the $10,000 right away, but over the contract's life.

The fascinating piece to this is the Athlete Investment Portal(AIP). As an investor, you will gain access to the AIP to athletes you have invested in. In this portal, you will get exclusive content, investor forums, virtual meet and greets, and the ability to purchase investor-only merch.

Links you can check out:
Finlete on WeFunder
Blog on Finlete

Let me correct myself then. This is a 1/10,000 chance if not less. I don't see players with a good chance of making pros agreeing to 10% of future contract.
i is smart
3:47p, 2/19/23
In reply to RobConnolly
RobConnolly said:

riverrataggie said:

Great question.

Links you can check out:
Finlete on WeFunder
Blog on Finlete

Sounds like a Loan Shark.
LesterHaze
4:06p, 2/19/23

During underachieving seasons, do the coaches and players fund the crowd?
NowhereMan
4:50p, 2/19/23
In reply to RobConnolly
Your welcome Rob I will send you my bar tab at the Dixie Chicken, ha ha.

RobConnolly
4:59p, 2/19/23
In reply to OrygunAg
OrygunAg said:

Math

Sorry, the link to the google sheet was correct. The corrected shares would be 100. Nice catch
i is smart
8:36p, 2/19/23
In reply to RobConnolly
I'm not sure how accurate these numbers are, but what would this pay the shareholders(?) if you had given this NFL player similar terms? How do signing bonuses factor in?

RobConnolly
11:17p, 2/19/23
In reply to i is smart
Bigfoot Is Real said:

I'm not sure how accurate these numbers are, but what would this pay the shareholders(?) if you had given this NFL player similar terms? How do signing bonuses factor in?

https://i.postimg.cc/pXM8CgBw/45-E8-E8-A4-7-F52-4-B59-8-FF9-AD59360-ED19-C.jpg
What is paid to the "Fanvestors" comes straight from the athletes paycheck. We submit our contract to the team controller and they transfer the funds. We share the W-2 to the shareholders for validation.

RobConnolly
11:20p, 2/19/23
In reply to i is smart
Bigfoot Is Real said:

RobConnolly said:

riverrataggie said:

Great question.

Links you can check out:
Finlete on WeFunder
Blog on Finlete

This is actually very common in minor-league baseball and becoming more popular in NCAA. Keep in mind, this is not a loan. If the athlete never makes it to the NFL or the Major Leagues, they don't pay anything.

There is a risk involved for all parties.
Kozmozag
6:57a, 2/20/23
Rob, what university did you attend?
texAZtea
8:36a, 2/20/23
Juan.
JoeAggie1010
8:52a, 2/20/23
Juanito!!
JoeAggie1010
8:57a, 2/20/23
In reply to RobConnolly
RobConnolly said:

OrygunAg said:

Math

Sorry, the link to the google sheet was correct. The corrected shares would be 100. Nice catch
"Math

Return: $10,000"

Question: if your document is erroneous and your actively selling Finlete on TexAgs, how do we know our returns will be error free?

EDIT: precision.
riverrataggie
10:11a, 2/20/23
In reply to RobConnolly
RobConnolly said:

Bigfoot Is Real said:

RobConnolly said:

riverrataggie said:

Great question.

Links you can check out:
Finlete on WeFunder
Blog on Finlete

This is actually very common in minor-league baseball and becoming more popular in NCAA. Keep in mind, this is not a loan. If the athlete never makes it to the NFL or the Major Leagues, they don't pay anything.

There is a risk involved for all parties.

That's what I was saying above. Only players going to the minors, or outside shot of getting drafted would accept this to receive an income stream now. Higher rated prospects wouldn't sign up to this.

This is like going to the roulette table and dropping 5 dollars on all the numbers / bets. The one who makes money here is the house. You.
Showstopper
10:29a, 2/20/23
In reply to Kozmozag
Kozmozag said:

Rob, what university did you attend?
Seems like Texas Tech would be a good guess. If this doesn't work out, Rob has a bright future as an entrepreneur in the exciting field of fast casual Italian food end user supply logistics.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings