What do you like to pair with your favorite cigar?
3,703 Views | 34 Replies
TexAgs Sponsors
Staff
9:15p, 6/25/23

It is with great pleasure and excitement that Jon, Brian, and Colin announce the opening of Nice Ash in Summer 2023!

Nice Ash is the brainchild of a group of friends that enjoy drinking good bourbon and smoking good cigars. Nice Ash will offer a 600 sq. ft walk-in humidor, 600 sq. ft of retail area, and an outside patio accessible to all patrons to relax, converse, and enjoy a cigar.

Attached to Nice Ash will be the Back Ash. A 1300 sq. ft private area with 72 private lockers for the members along with an 800 sq. ft private patio. Back Ash will offer members exclusive 24/7 access. The lounge will have seating for 40+, numerous TVs for your favorite sporting events, gaming tables, and refreshments (honor system).

Even though our physical location is in Houston, we hope to have offerings for all Aggies regardless of where they may live. This fall we will be offering delivery to Aggieland for all home game weekends! One of the three owners is always in attendance, and we thought this would be a great way to get some premium cigars to those not in Houston. We will also be offering shipping at cost.

This is the first time any of us have ventured into anything like this and we are very excited for the journey. We look forward to and hope that many of you will be a part of this journey with us!

Brian "BK" Hall '88; Colin Brennan '10; Jon Wiesmann '00

Locker rental starts at $62.50/month and full details are available upon request.
Lounge Membership:
  • 24/7 Access To Members Lounge
  • Exclusive Member-Only Cigar Offerings
  • 10% Off All Box Purchases Or Combination Of 20 Cigars
  • 5% Discount On All Purchases
  • Quarterly Members Only Event
Brian '88 - This Denver native spent summers in Texas, and finished high school in Shepherd Texas. Brian earned his B.A. in Marketing at Sam Houston State University as well as graduate work at Texas A&M (Int'l Business) and Rice University (Managerial Chemistry). Brian started his career in energy with Diamond Shamrock (now Valero), and recently completed his 29th year with Shell USA, Inc. in Houston. Throughout his career, he has delivered commercial impact globally across many of Shell's business units including Retail, Chemicals and Shell Pipeline. In his current role in Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, he helps to lead Shell's supply-chain transformation by focusing on developing the pipeline of small and/or diverse-owned business enterprises. Look for Brian to bring his passion for small business, sports, music, wine and bourbon as we build out a First-Class experience around cigars to Nice Ash-Houston!

Colin '10 - Colin was raised in Gonzales and attended Shiner St. Paul just up the road. While attending Texas A&M he was an active member in his department's events while working at a number of bars around B/CS before obtaining his degree in Poultry Science. After graduating in Dec. '09 he found himself back in Gonzales managing several poultry farms in the area before venturing into international markets for feed additives and launching a new division for a multinational minerals company. His passion for new projects and cigars, that began at the age of 12 when his dad gave him his first Arturo Fuente 8-5-8, has him excited to make Nice Ash the best cigar lounge in Houston.

Jon '00 - As a Native Houstonian, Jon attended Spring Woods High School where he played football, golf and FFA. While attending Texas A&M he was a member of the Corps of Cadets, Company E2 and received a degree in Industrial Distribution. After graduating class of 2000 (WHOOP!) and working in corporate America, he decided to start Comflow Mechanical Services which is a 5 time recipient of the Aggie 100 award. The start of Nice Ash is more of a passion but his business expertise will help this small start up reach new highs.

Let us know what you like to pair with your favorite cigar and you'll be entered to win 3 packs of five cigars. The cigars will be the owners go-to sticks.

3117 White Oak Dr.
Houston, TX 77007

Website www.niceashtx.com
Instagram @NiceAshTX
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100091568787407
LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/nice-ash/
Eike Mlko
7:23p, 6/27/23
Whiskey - Crown. XR
aggiephoenix02
10:33p, 6/27/23
A White House intern…
SpiderM85
11:07p, 6/27/23
In reply to aggiephoenix02
aggiephoenix02 said:

A White House intern…
RoadkillBBQ
8:52a, 6/28/23
Congratulations on your business venture and I wish you all the success in the world.

My go to pairings are bourbon and mojitos. Bourbon in cooler months and mojitos in warmer months.
I honestly feel a good mojito pairs better with cigars than any other beverage there is. Maybe it's just a coincidence that mojitos originated in Cuba where some of the best cigars in the world are known to come from also.
Ag Tag
10:34a, 6/28/23
A bucket of beer.
DGrimesAg92
10:41a, 6/28/23
A lighter.
aggiejim70
11:18a, 6/28/23
Even as we speak, I'm enjoying one of my favorite Olivas, paired with my drink of choice, hot coffee.

Army, let me see if I understand what I think I just read. If I come to your shop, I can purchase a good stick and enjoy it OUTSIDE in the wonderful Houston summertime. If that's the case, I'm probably gonna pass.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Bison
12:25p, 6/28/23
Fall mornings at the lake, drinking coffee and smoking a Serie D No. 4 while grading and catching up on emails. (Meh, if the rod starts going, I'll set a hook...)

But if we're going some place with A/C, then ... actually, I've become partial to Speysides of late.
dude95
1:16p, 6/28/23
You guys have some pics somewhere of the place? Not sure if I'm getting the full picture ie Smoking inside vs outside, place to sit and talk or more of a sports bar feel?
centerpole84
6:44p, 6/28/23
The Balvenie - Caribbean Cask Scotch Whisky
SpiderM85
6:52p, 6/28/23
Brunette
willtackleforfood
6:59p, 6/28/23
Nub Nuance + Manhattan Project Black Matter
Nice Ash
5:40p, 6/29/23
An offer to all TexAgs users - We will match or beat the price of the major online retailers on full box orders (as long as it is not some super promotion). Shipping is always at cost.

Look forward to seeing y'all come by.
QB1
10:02p, 6/29/23
I enjoy a weller 12 with a padron as often as I can!!!
12thMan9
3:27p, 7/1/23
aggiephoenix02 said:

A White House intern…

That was actually a humidor.
Ronnie '88
12thMan9
3:32p, 7/1/23
Ronnie '88
FarmersFight95
4:58p, 7/1/23
Sitting by a fire on a cool evening with a nice cigar and an old-fashioned is about as good as it gets.
Ag Tag
8:19p, 7/1/23
In reply to Nice Ash
Nice Ash said:

An offer to all TexAgs users - We will match or beat the price of the major online retailers on full box orders (as long as it is not some super promotion). Shipping is always at cost.

I smoke about five or six Churchills a day, so obviously I'm not going to buy expensive ones and spend hundreds of dollars a week. What do you have that you'd recommend?
TexasAggie_97
9:03p, 7/1/23
In reply to SpiderM85
SpiderM85 said:

Brunette
I see we have a Clinton fan here.
The Zookeeper
2:34p, 7/2/23
In reply to SpiderM85
SpiderM85 said:

aggiephoenix02 said:

A White House intern…

Damnit. Beat me to it
Wake me up when next year is finally THIS year.
Nice Ash
3:51p, 7/2/23
In reply to Ag Tag
Ag Tag said:

Nice Ash said:

I smoke about five or six Churchills a day, so obviously I'm not going to buy expensive ones and spend hundreds of dollars a week. What do you have that you'd recommend?
"Expensive" is a bit too subjective for me to answer appropriately. Can you tell me which ones you smoke now and I can give you an answer from there? So many options based on the wrapper and fill choices alone. Give me a little bit about your preferences and I can go from there.
smucket
7:29p, 7/2/23
French oaked Makers and a Montecristo Platinum please. I may need two...
Today is Yesterday's Pupil
7Arrows
3:49p, 7/14/23
Cohiba Siglo VI & Dr Pepper
Lonestar-aught-six
5:09p, 7/14/23
In reply to 12thMan9
12thMan9 said:

aggiephoenix02 said:

A White House intern…

And you sir win the internet today!
12thMan9
5:16p, 7/14/23
In reply to Lonestar-aught-six
Lonestar-aught-six said:

12thMan9 said:

aggiephoenix02 said:

A White House intern…

And you sir win the internet today!
Well, since it posted twice(and I have no idea how), I should win it twice!

Congrats gentlemen on your venture. Not a cigar guy, but not bothered by the aroma.

I'd drink an 1835 or Bulliet bourbon on the rocks if I was there, sans cigar.
Ronnie '88
HECUBUS
10:15a, 7/15/23
Since my favorite cigar is bubblegum and I don't like bubblegum, a Baby Ruth and an RC Cola.
Nice Ash
12:17p, 7/15/23
In reply to aggiejim70
We have indoor smoking in the retail area as well.
Nice Ash
12:35p, 7/15/23
WINNERS:

Wessimo
BroncStomper06
J Peterman

Couple options for pick-up; I can get them to TexAgs office before the Kickoff or you can swing by the shop and I can give you a tour and show you around when you pick them up.

PM your preferred option and if you can't PM, leave a comment with a contact and I'll reach out.
Gigem_94
1:10p, 7/15/23
aggiephoenix02 said:

A White House intern…

Shocked it took 2 days for this comment. Zoo is slacking.
NoahAg
3:04p, 7/15/23
In reply to Ag Tag
Ag Tag said:

Nice Ash said:

T&Ps for your mouth cancer.
johnhoward
1:48p, 5/6/24
Personally, I love enjoying my favorite cigar with a glass of whiskey or bourbon, the flavors just seem to complement each other perfectly. It's exciting to see the launch of Nice Ash and Back Ash, offering a fantastic space for cigar enthusiasts to come together and enjoy their hobby. You might want to give VIHO Supercharge a try. It's a great way to add some extra energy and focus to your cigar sessions, making them even more enjoyable.
Craigy
1:54p, 5/6/24
M L
Moe 92
1:13p, 5/9/24
A nice tawny port. If that is not available a nice cabernet sauvignon. Bourbon is great but comes in 3rd for me.
Aggie Class of 2026
2:00p, 5/9/24
Indica[/Snoop
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE