Terry Bussey
8,680 Views | 41 Replies
Tanker123
10:52p, 5/7/24
Something is wrong with you if you are not ecstatic Terry is coming to us. He's the Number 1 Ranked Athlete in the Country! (5 Star Terry Bussey) - YouTube
Aggie Class of 2026
10:57p, 5/7/24
Sup Terry?
Meximan
11:06p, 5/7/24
This completely random late night post brought to you by [ fill in the blank ]
maroonthrunthru
5:53a, 5/8/24
2A Competition… Meh…
aggieclay
7:23a, 5/8/24
In reply to maroonthrunthru
He's got some wheels!
P.U.T.U
8:18a, 5/8/24
We know he is an athlete but playing 2A he will have to prove it in the summer and fall. We could use someone with his speed at WR if he can make the plays
SA-AG72
8:35a, 5/8/24
He's our Swiss Army Knife version 2.0.
Bobby Jimbo
9:15a, 5/8/24
I'd like to see him at WR instead of CB. We would get a lot more out of his skillset. He could be Ainias Smith 2.0.

Plus it seems like we are in more need of WR and not so much CB at this point.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
9:38a, 5/8/24
We need speed on offense. Moss is the only homerun threat that has experience. Get Bussey the ball in the slot and out of the backfield in space.
CrottyKid
9:49a, 5/8/24
He'll probably be about 5' 11" 185lbs as a freshman.
That would be a good sized slot receiver. He would certainly be a threat on fly sweeps and such.
I'd like to see him play both ways as a freshman, but not as a starting CB and a slot receiver. I'd like him to be maybe the dime corner and a receiver in some packages. Gets him on the field on both sides a little bit.
fightinag
9:55a, 5/8/24
maroonthrunthru said:

2A Competition… Meh…
2A vs. SEC..........might be a tad different but I hope he excels in AggieLand
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
ironmanag
10:51a, 5/8/24
maroonthrunthru said:

2A Competition… Meh…
Such an ignorant take.
TexAgs23
10:55a, 5/8/24
In reply to Tanker123
Tanker123 said:

Something is wrong with you if you are not ecstatic Terry is coming to us. He's the Number 1 Ranked Athlete in the Country! (5 Star Terry Bussey) - YouTube
Ummmm... Who is NOT ecstatic about him being on the team? Personally, I'm really looking forward to see what he can do on the field!
Tanker123
3:28p, 5/8/24
In reply to TexAgs23
TexAgs23 said:

Tanker123 said:

Ummmm... Who is NOT ecstatic about him being on the team? Personally, I'm really looking forward to see what he can do on the field!
They are here and out there.
SgtBarbarossa
3:36p, 5/8/24
maroonthrunthru said:

2A Competition… Meh…
Honestly, none of these high school 'croots are ready for the SEC... in fact, we should scrap recruiting altogether and go SEC-transfer-portal ONLY.
James Earl Rudder
4:14p, 5/8/24
maroonthrunthru said:
"2A Competition… Meh…"

It's not about the competition. It's about the measurables, the work ethic, and the desire.

I predict Maroonthrunthru will be surprised by the development of Bussey and Campbell.

Unlike the previous staff, I believe this staff knows what they need and will level the playing field to find players in the roster.

Bussey has more athleticism than most big school athletes. He'll figure out how to make it work.
sincereag
4:38p, 5/8/24
Bussey and Campbell at WR would give us serious speed on offense.
Cat51993
5:18p, 5/8/24
Terry is as good as any player in the nation. Kid is humble and works hard. I'd take a 2A player that loves to compete rather a 5A/6A camera hungry ego ready to transfer player any day
Sterling82
6:03p, 5/8/24
In reply to TexAgs23
TexAgs23 said:

Tanker123 said:

Maroonthruandthru for one. I am though, and hope he's used on offense this year because of the reasons stated above.
Noctilucent
6:05p, 5/8/24
Bussey is a very gifted athlete. I'd wait a bit before I'd diss him for coming up through 2A football. Gig'em Terry!
Tanker123
6:58p, 5/8/24
He is an all-round superb person. He is achievement oriented and graduates from HS with an associates degree. It is easy to root for him.
Jugstore Cowboy
7:16p, 5/8/24
maroonthrunthru said:

2A Competition… Meh…
So I guess your inside sources overheard at a Denny's near the headquarters of IMG Terre Haute didn't have any big news on this guy?
ag0207
7:29p, 5/8/24
Dalton Brooks says hi!
7:42p, 5/8/24
In reply to James Earl Rudder
James Earl Rudder said:

Unlike the previous staff, I believe this staff knows what they need

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I've heard this over the past 25 years I'd be a rich, rich man.
AgsMyDude
7:46p, 5/8/24
In reply to 4
We've had 5 staffs in that time? So you'd have a quarter? Rich!
7:47p, 5/8/24
In reply to AgsMyDude
AgsMyDude said:

But lots of people say it every time there's a change. Think laterally my boy.
Jugstore Cowboy
7:50p, 5/8/24
In reply to AgsMyDude
AgsMyDude said:

Oooooohhhh....Check out Johnny Human Calculator over here.

AgsMyDude
8:04p, 5/8/24
In reply to 4
4 said:

AgsMyDude said:

But lots of people say it every time there's a change. Think laterally my boy.

Go buy yourself a stick of gum with that quarter
AGDAD14
9:54p, 5/8/24
Small town kids…
Rodney Thomas
Toya Jones
Johnny Holland
John Kimbrough
Jack Pardee
Dat Nguyen
Rueben Owens
Dalton Brooks

I'm sure there's more.
StinkyPinky
8:18a, 5/9/24
In reply to AGDAD14
AGDAD14 said:

Small town kids…
Rodney Thomas
Toya Jones
Johnny Holland
John Kimbrough
Jack Pardee
Dat Nguyen
Rueben Owens
Dalton Brooks

I'm sure there's more.
Dat was Rockport which was 4A, but I'm being picky and agree with your sentiment. Lots of other 2A's on the list. Question is has this changed over the last several years? Why do I say this? Great athletes can't help where they were born or parents live. So yes, you would expect elite talents to be potentially at all classifications. But in this day when there is so much money and opportunity in football, small town kids are now being recruited and sent to the big cities to live with others to play for the big programs. It's college football all over again and a shame.
2thFixinAg
8:49a, 5/9/24
optimistic is a better word.

but i'm more of a results oriented kind of person.

i stopped getting excited about potential a long time ago.
SilverTaps86
10:41a, 5/9/24
Eric Dickerson played for Sealy H.S., which at the time was either B or !A if my memory serves me correctly...so there's that. Now, he was 6'3" in H.S. and 220 lbs... Bussey is smaller but being a pure athlete and having speed usually translates into something special if his head and heart are in the right place.
maroonthrunthru
11:19a, 5/9/24
My comment wasn't about Bussey…

It was about the level of the competition I witnessed on the video…

I EXPECTED him to be a man among boys versus that level of competition… The competition was underwhelming….

I'm sure he'll be GREAT at A&M…. Just like all the other 2A talent does in the SEC…
EliteZags
1:23p, 5/9/24
Zay Flowers
GW Ag
1:27p, 5/9/24
In reply to ironmanag
ironmanag said:

maroonthrunthru said:

2A Competition… Meh…
Such an ignorant take.
100%
CLOSE