Mexico vs Brazil
18,243 Views | 128 Replies
oldschool87
11:43p, 3/18/24
In reply to Rudyjax
Rudyjax said:

oldschool87 said:

I looked up the dimensions a few World Cups ago as I thought dang that field looks big. International Soccer/World Cup has a standard field size of 120X75 yards. With Minimums of 110/70which I don't think we can make at least on width.

FiFA can be much smaller on width.

Best I can tell, we have 53+8 for 61 yards of grass. If they cover the sides with Astroturf, heck, they may just bring grass in and cover the whole thing. We can get to 68, I think your pushing it past that... Surely this was discussed with the 2 teams...

There will not be football strips on the field, the only thing striped will be the soccer field...

It's a friendly. It's going to be narrow AF.

Here's a screenshot on a football field i took the other night.

What exactly is the relevance of your screen shot. That field is easily 70 yards wide.
Rudyjax
7:52a, 3/19/24
In reply to oldschool87
oldschool87 said:

Rudyjax said:

oldschool87 said:

I looked up the dimensions a few World Cups ago as I thought dang that field looks big. International Soccer/World Cup has a standard field size of 120X75 yards. With Minimums of 110/70which I don't think we can make at least on width.

FiFA can be much smaller on width.

Best I can tell, we have 53+8 for 61 yards of grass. If they cover the sides with Astroturf, heck, they may just bring grass in and cover the whole thing. We can get to 68, I think your pushing it past that... Surely this was discussed with the 2 teams...

There will not be football strips on the field, the only thing striped will be the soccer field...

It's a friendly. It's going to be narrow AF.

Here's a screenshot on a football field i took the other night.

What exactly is the relevance of your screen shot. That field is easily 70 yards wide.
Look at the the football field and how much more wider it is than Kyle. Most people don't understand how much wider a soccer pitch is.

wangus12
8:18a, 3/19/24
This is going to be what close to what Kyle Field looked like. This is the USMNT against Canada a few years ago. They played it in a CFL stadium. Canada did this to negate the speed and width of the USA attack.

Koko Chingo
10:39a, 3/19/24
Since ticket sales haven't started, I guess I am still in the running for good seats that I can afford for my group, lol.

I was curious what the dimensions were, so I played around in Google Earth. I am nor sure what the measurement error is. Its definitely good enough to start a TexAgs argument, lol.

I am just happy they are playing. I am sure being at the game, I wont really care about the dimensions. I hope the narrow field and the fact its a friendly will make both teams more aggressive on offense.

LandArchSA
12:34p, 3/19/24
And not to derail this thread with discussions about dimensions, but I still can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that an NBA court fits inside the 18-yard box

PascalsWager
1:57p, 3/19/24
Is this part of a long-game play where we're trying to bring Olympic group stages matches to Kyle Field in 2028?

To accommodate men and women's soccer, men and women's field hockey, men and women's cricket, men and women's rugby, and who knows what else by then America is going to need a LOT of stadiums.
Dre_00
2:40p, 3/19/24
LA is not going to have much of a problem handling that and certainly can't see them farming out to stadiums two time zones away. There are at least half a dozen suitable places in LA for soccer and rugby and two massive baseball stadiums for cricket (or soccer in a pinch).
Rudyjax
2:44p, 3/19/24
In reply to PascalsWager
PascalsWager said:

Is this part of a long-game play where we're trying to bring Olympic group stages matches to Kyle Field in 2028?

To accommodate men and women's soccer, men and women's field hockey, men and women's cricket, men and women's rugby, and who knows what else by then America is going to need a LOT of stadiums.
Los Angeles Olympics farming out to an area with the major airport an hour and a half away?

That's out of the box thinking for sure.
Drawkcab
1:20p, 3/20/24
Seeing tickets on StubHub and the like. I called the 12th Man Foundation to see what's up with that since tickets aren't on sale yet. The girl I talked to guessed it's season ticket holders who are guaranteed tickets if they want them trying to sell their seats early.
ag_03_aj
10:42a, 3/21/24
Has anyone see official pricing for the tickets? I've seen some on the 2nd market already that are over 250 bucks!
Tabasco
12:28p, 3/22/24
In reply to Drawkcab
Drawkcab said:

Seeing tickets on StubHub and the like. I called the 12th Man Foundation to see what's up with that since tickets aren't on sale yet. The girl I talked to guessed it's season ticket holders who are guaranteed tickets if they want them trying to sell their seats early.
I came on here wondering about this, if season ticket holders get first crack like the George Strait tickets.
randy828
2:21p, 3/22/24
I asked a buddy of mine who is a season ticket holder and he said he did not see where he could get these tickets, but he could get George Strait tickets.
TamuKid
8:25p, 3/28/24

eiggA2002
9:23a, 3/29/24
If the prices are anywhere in the stratosphere of the George Strait tickets they will be out of control expensive. Just go to a Copa Match. There are legit matches in Houston and DFW that are way less expensive.
wangus12
10:04a, 3/29/24
In reply to eiggA2002
If they do that, it'll completely defeat their entire goal of breaking the international friendly attendance record. USA-Mexico barely pulled 60k people last weekend in DFW. Part of that was ticket prices.
Agthatbuilds
2:48p, 3/31/24
Alright, I need like 20 tickets.
OregonAggie
9:39a, 4/1/24
Anyone gotten an email yet?
aggie_74
10:02a, 4/1/24
not yet
hsjnlssmith89
10:18a, 4/1/24
Where are tickets going to be sold? Twelfth Man Foundation? Or places like Stub Hub?
OregonAggie
1:51p, 4/1/24
In reply to hsjnlssmith89
hsjnlssmith89 said:

Where are tickets going to be sold? Twelfth Man Foundation? Or places like Stub Hub?

The George Strait tickets were through the 12th man website for that presale. I would assume this will be similar
tamc93
6:24p, 4/1/24
Tickets go on presale in the Tuesday April 2 (no idea on cost yet, but availability is up to 20 tickets per donor):

The 12th Man Foundation donor presale will end at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, April 3, and the public sale will begin at 10 a.m. on Friday, April 5.

Please note: Available ticket inventory during this presale is limited and is not guaranteed to be available to all segments or for the entirety of the presale. Donors are encouraged to be prepared to purchase through alternative presale opportunities that they may be eligible for outside of their 12th Man Foundation donor status. Visit www.somoslocales.com for additional information.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
Dr. Horrible
7:17p, 4/1/24
Still not seeing prices, even on the email.
KaneIsAble
7:18p, 4/1/24
No prices though - I don't get it.
Agthatbuilds
12:42p, 4/2/24
The anticipation is palpable
Tabasco
12:44p, 4/2/24
In reply to Agthatbuilds
Agthatbuilds said:

The anticipation is palpable
That's what she said.
Agthatbuilds
12:45p, 4/2/24
In reply to Tabasco
I'm buying 20 tickets. Just don't know what the cost will be!!!!
Tabasco
12:47p, 4/2/24
In reply to Agthatbuilds
Agthatbuilds said:

I'm buying 20 tickets. Just don't know what the cost will be!!!!

Sorry, just realized this is not M&white board and some don't have pay access. One sec, prices incoming. Parking is 28.50 to 45 though off memory
tamc93
12:48p, 4/2/24
Tabasco
12:48p, 4/2/24

tamc93
12:49p, 4/2/24
Ticket Prices

FJB, FPA, and FAZ
Agthatbuilds
12:57p, 4/2/24
Is there a brazil side or Mexico side or is it all general, more or less
aggies4life