Lost Bags with AA at DFW
768 Views | 4 Replies
vaqueroag
11:05a, 4/29/24
My bags didn't make it with me on a trip this past week and am now back in Dallas and AA still has no clue where they are. Has anyone had experience with this and advice on what the best route is to resolve the issue?
breezecustomtravel
11:26a, 4/29/24
Yes, our bags didn't make it on our return from LHR to DFW. Apparently, this is a whole issue with LHR all the time, especially if you check in early for your flight.
It was a nightmare to try and find them and get them back.

We had to BEG baggage claim employees to help us over and over again. No one wanted to help. We finally found the one nice person that called a manager for help and they located our bags. Then when they found them, we learned they were on a customs hold by the government and sent to AA cargo warehouse. We had to fight back and forth with customs and border patrol to have them sign off on a form to release the bags to us. Oh and we had to pay for the form to be complete.

The whole experience was horrible. Needless to say, I purchased AirTags immediately and will not fly without them from now on. If we would have had them we could have saved like 3 days of trying to just locate the bags.

But...my only advice would be just to keep hounding them, call multiple times a day and ask to talk to managers and supervisors. We finally found the one person that would help us and it finally worked out.
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
tamc93
12:36p, 4/29/24
Where does their baggage tracker say they last saw them?

I know we always check the app (for piece of mind) prior to our flights leaving to make sure they made it on the plane. Not that we can do anything about it, but it helps us manage expectations.
aggiedata
1:28p, 4/29/24
After this is over, put Apple AirTags in your bags. At least you may know where your bags are.
JMac03
4:35p, 4/29/24
You can file for lost bags. I had to file with United last week for delayed bags (I was in Spain) and got back over $500.

I think its up to $1900 for lost bags (at least with United). That is also how much I could spend up to for the delayed bags. I just wanted to get me something to work for 1-2 days so I could enjoy my trip.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings