AMNF
28,285 Views | 144 Replies
RAM 12
4:24p, 9/11/13
Consistency!
Agnzona
9:28p, 9/12/13
I an up 75% and that is not counting dividends amd I have still been adding a bit at the higher prices, Yea Texags!
Jeff99
11:10p, 9/12/13
I think there's a lot of buying lately as some buyers try to anticipate a potential dividend increase when dividends are announced in the next few days. Unless they're having a fantastic quarter, I just don't see that happening so soon after the most recent dividend increase.

I do love this company (I was the one that first brought it to the board's attention), but I worry that the price is starting to get ahead of itself. The only reason I'm not selling at these prices is because I'm addicted to the yield and I think this company is going to become more attractive to institutions as a portfolio company and to potential buyers as an acquisition.

I'm just not sure I'd buy at this price.
Jeff99
12:02a, 9/13/13
Just noticed, no dividend raise announced this evening. I'd expect some selling as a result.
RAM 12
3:22p, 9/16/13
Up almost 10 cents today so far
BT1395
3:31p, 10/18/13
Record sales and earnings reported today. Another phenomenal job by the Management team with encouraging guidance hinted at in the report.

Stock already sitting at an all-time high of $1.80 on strong volume. Could now see this nearing $2.00 if the 4Q report kicks butt. Would also expect another Special Dividend to be announced in December in addition to the regular divvy.

I freaking love this stock.
I bleed maroon
9:53a, 10/29/13
Up to $1.89 a share! I'm in at $1.12, and really like the steady upward climb. Thinking of taking half off the table if it hits $2.00 or so. Anyone else?
BT1395
12:03p, 10/29/13
quote:
Thinking of taking half off the table if it hits $2.00 or so.

Why? Simply because it hit $2/share? Do yourself a favor and figure out what you really think it's worth. If that's more than $2.00, then keep it and enjoy the dividend. If it's less than $2.00, then sell it and pat yourself on the back for a good investment. As for me personally, I think it's pushing the upper limit on valuation, but I'm still fine holding as I anticipate increased earnings to help keep the P/E ratio in a reasonable range.
I bleed maroon
12:33p, 10/29/13
Thanks for the investing lesson, sonny..

I actually feel similar to you, that the current valuation is fair. The stock has run farther faster than I anticipated, and the investing edict of pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered may be appropriate here.

I see a P/E of 19 looking back, with no information on forward P/E that I can find. Seems like they're introducing new product regularly, which is promising, but only demonstrate a 4% year-over-year revenue growth as of last quarter. Therefore, unless there are margin expansion plans that we're not aware of, slow steady growth can be expected. Along with a very solid dividend, I might add.

There is a place in my portfolio for this, but I may want to redeploy some of my assets to another option with more upside potential. I intend to keep part of my position as a mildly speculative holding for the near-term future.

Is that OK with you, BT?
BT1395
2:04p, 10/29/13
I hope my post didn't come across as condescending...didn't mean it that way and my apologies if so. I was simply trying to point out the level of analysis needed to truly understand what SHOULD be going into the decision to sell or hold rather than some of the emotional banter we see on these boards about a stock hitting some magic number.

Sounds like we see this company essentially the same way, but I'm 100% sure I'll be holding here until some new piece of information changes my conviction. I've been in this one for years and hope to keep riding this management team for many more...
BT1395
5:21p, 10/29/13
Closed at $1.90 today.

Still anticipating the announcement of a special dividend...
I bleed maroon
9:08p, 10/29/13
BT: no worries.
. I was going to add the "I've probably been investing for longer than you have been alive" line, for additional comedic effect.

Now, why are they considering a special dividend? If they are truly a great management team, I would rather have them invest in the business, such as accelerating international growth, or product introductions.

As an investor, I certainly won't mind an extra dividend, but just curious as to the why behind their thinking?
Jeff99
11:39p, 10/29/13
Amazing few months for little Armanino.

I've considered selling my shares, but the consistent growth in earnings has kept me from pulling the trigger.

I wouldn't blame anyone for selling and locking in gains at this point given the current P/E ratio. I have grown to trust the management team over the past several years, so I am continuing to hold and collect the yield.

I think there is a high likelihood of a special dividend, as well. IBM, you need to remember this is still a very closely held company where a lot of the shares are held by the family. Further, you have to keep in mind this company is a cash cow and has been investing a lot in improved facilities and product lines. I would much prefer a special dividend to this company spending the funds on exorbitant compensation packages or an unnecessary acquisition. Finally, given this company trading on the PKs, I think that dividends are the simplest way this company proves its bona fides to an investing public.
Jeff99
10:56p, 12/12/13
AMNF raises quarterly distribution from $0.014 to $0.016. Great news and probably a signal that the fourth quarter was a home run.
FroggieBreath
2:12a, 12/13/13
I got in at 1.80 three/four weeks ago and tried unsuccessfully to add more at 1.77 today. It closed at 1.90
BT1395
12:33p, 12/16/13
My yield on this stock is now up to 10%.

And the stock price keeps rising. $2.00+ here we come...
BT1395
8:59a, 1/9/14
$2.00
Jeff99
10:24p, 2/18/14
Made it as high as $2.05 today. Another fantastic quarter. The company's international sales appear to have recovered. The 4th quarter is generally the firm's weakest quarter for sales, so I'm excited to see what happens in Q1 2014.
BT1395
3:32p, 3/6/14
Announced the next dividend of $0.016/share. That makes 55 straight quarters of dividends (not even counting the special divvies that get thrown in every now and then).

This management team is INCREDIBLY shareholder friendly.

[This message has been edited by BT1395 (edited 3/6/2014 3:33p).]
Bogey1996
3:28p, 4/15/14
What's going wrong with this stock, been on a downward trend lately.
MaysAggie2015
3:41p, 4/15/14
It's been overbought for 6 months using pure technicals. They are to the point now that they are probably better off retaining more earnings vs. Issuing special dividends since their product margins have gotten crushed by the big boys and they lost a large catering supply contract after expanding their facility & product line. Interest rates rising will hurt them too. Technicals have them around $1.35-1.40

Good stock for buy and hold, but it's gonna get crushed along with other small caps with 2.5% GDP growth. Probably not a bad time to use an option strategy to capitalize on the downward pressure.

It'd also be nice if they moved their HQ to a more tax friendly state. Tax bill is crazy compared to what it'd be in Boise or TX.
Bogey1996
3:47p, 4/15/14
Thanks, been in it for a while and has been good until recently.
MaysAggie2015
3:55p, 4/15/14
Great company & great ownership. They will weather the storm, but the small cap nosedive has bundled them in with some less shareholder friendly stocks. It'd be nice to see them partner with a big box vs battle them for private labeled items. They'd be perfect for making Ralph's or other big box items vs. spending money (alot) to stay in the frozen food shelf space area and compete against them. They are a natural guy for a trader joes style rebrand now that they can produce more product.
BT1395
12:21p, 4/16/14
Boom!
Jeff99
11:23p, 4/16/14
Really positive quarter. I think this thing should probably be around a 17 or 18 P/E ratio so it's priced just about right. From what I can tell, many investors were trying to get out ahead of the earnings report, which many seemed to expect would be disappointing.

I'm encouraged by the mention of growth in international sales.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the share price slide back a bit as the excitement about the positive quarter wears off. I'm hesitant to buy any more because of the relative lack of liquidity and how heavily weighted I am in the stock right now. But if the price fell below $1.65, I'd have to consider buying even more (dividend yield around 4% and P/E ratio around 15).
Agnzona
4:22a, 4/18/14
I added even more, this was really the first buying opportunity I have seen in a year.
maxluke
11:18a, 7/16/14
Another great quarter:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/armanino-foods-distinction-inc-reports-150000017.html
BT1395
3:04p, 7/16/14
Amazing little stock! Will hold until I die...
Jeff99
12:08a, 7/17/14
Agreed, BT. I almost live in fear of waking up one day to find out it's being acquired.
Jeff99
1:06a, 9/16/14
Dividend raised another 12.5% to 0.018 per quarter.
BT1395
10:30a, 9/16/14
My yield is now 11% on this stock without factoring in the special dividends that show up like Christmas presents every once in a while.

I repeat...what an amazing management team.
Jeff99
11:20p, 9/16/14
I'm at a 10.5% Yield on Cost, since I made a couple of purchases around 0.80/share.

I'm considering buying more at the current prices. Right now, the dividend yield is 3.8%, not including special dividends and this company has a history of raising dividends.

2011 - $0.034
2012 - $0.06 (Special dividend at year-end due to tax changes taking effect)
2013 - $0.056
2014 - $0.068 (Assuming no increase in Q4 dividend or special dividend at year-end)

EPS for the first half of the year is $0.057. Typically, dividend raises have been a signal from management of a good quarter. Let's say the second half of the year is very similar to the first and they end the year with EPS of $0.115. That puts the P/E around 16.4. Given the high dividend yield and the rate of growth (prior year 1H EPS was only $0.05), I feel like an EPS of 18-20 is reasonable for this stock. I feel like the stock should be at least $2.05, assuming zero or modest growth the remainder of the year.

maxluke
11:38a, 10/17/14
I expected earnings to be good, but not this good:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/armanino-foods-distinction-inc-reports-150000591.html
BT1395
3:32p, 10/17/14
Yessir!
Jeff99
12:07a, 10/18/14
It looks like 12 cents a share is very attainable for AMNF. I think my estimate of 2.05 was way underpriced. I think 2.35 is a pretty reasonable target at this point.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 5
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings