SIAP: Best way to stream Aggie sports overseas?
495 Views | 6 Replies
StrykerAg
3:38p, 4/27/24
Currently in Horn of Africa on deployment and wondering how I can stream the games. I don't have cable at home so I cannot use TV provider for ESPN. I tried YouTubeTV but it doesn't work when my VPN is turned on, and when I turn off VPN it says not available in my country. SlingTV said the same thing.
Kyle98
4:33p, 4/27/24
I used YouTube TV with ExpressVPN on a Fire Stick while deployed to Kosovo last year with no issues.
Fly Army 97
4:50p, 4/27/24
Ran into the same problem. Had to use Express VPN. If you are validating through your phone, it won't matter that you are using VPN because Google/YouTube will know your phone is overseas. You may need someone stateside/TX ready to validate your code when asked. Unfortunately, there seems to be no fix for those deployed.
HollywoodBQ
5:33p, 4/27/24
In Sydney, Australia during the 2010s, we had an Aggie girl who knew somebody in San Diego, CA who let her use their Slingbox to watch A&M games over the internet.

Other than your standard Internet buffering issues, the main problem we had was somebody changing the channel. Apparently the Slingbox was connected to a cable box in a high rise apartment building in San Diego and the cable box could sometimes get its channel changed by a remote control from somebody else in the same building.
StrykerAg
12:14p, 4/28/24
Appreciate the responses
StrykerAg
5:39a, 5/9/24
FYI I've gotten FuboTV to work with NordVPN set to NYC or Chicago and NHL.TV is offered in this country, so now I am able to watch Aggie sports and my pro teams.
Naveronski
3:00p, 5/15/24
Do your parents/aunt/uncle have cable?

I got one of them to share their login so I could stream.

There's also frontrowsports.eu that I was able to find alternative streams, but it's been a year or two since I used it.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings